What's new

10 Characters Not To Play

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
I guess it goes to show you just because you live in the same world, that doesn't mean you live in the same world.

In one sub world, Baraka is a solid and in the other you should avoid using him because he is boring and lamezzzzzz.

A lot of people just play for fun, so that's actually a valid criteria for judging characters by, but that's pretty subjective, doesn't apply to most people here, and wasn't particularly consistent as far as focus goes.

I think the real point sounded more like, "I like hearing myself talk, and getting attention." If that was the point, it's working.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
10. "His potential for racking up a huge combo is low." Unless by huge combo, they mean that he can't get many hits in his combos, then....no, just...no. Baraka's one of, if not the most damaging character in the game.

9. As a Cassie main....come on, really? She's one the most balanced characters in the game. Why would you wanna avoid that?

8. Okay, this I can agree with. Jade isn't gonna be doing much damage, but she's still a good counter-zoner.

7. Jacqui's one of the most damaging characters in the game. Her not really having a projectile is a downside, but pretty much her only downside. Also, "Why play as her when you can play as Cassie herself?" Your own list said to avoid Cassie, though, so some mixed signals there.

6. This would have made sense pre-patch, since Frost was not good in the beginning, but she's actually pretty decent now.

5. Shao's a heavy-hitter, but yeah, he's got issues, so...in a list of 10 to avoid, I could agree.

4. Kano's a low-tier, but he excels as more of a YOLO character, so those that don't like high risk-high reward characters should avoid him

3. Totally agree here, Kotal is arguably the worst character in the game right now,, even after getting buffed

2. Excels at nothing? Yeah, tell that to Dragon. Cetrion's the best zoner in the game, hands down.

1. D'Vorah on here makes me think that this video was made pre-patch, since she was garbage beforehand and terrifying now, to the point where SonicFox is now maining her.