What's new

General/Other 1.05 Patch Notes Discussion for Bane

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So looking at the notes, we get pretty much 2 things...

1) Raging Charge can no longer be parried
2) d.2 buff

Compared to the almost universal nerfs, we have the upper hand here. Now then, lets discuss what the d.2 could represent for us, and some set-ups we can maybe work on people whom could parry us before.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't know. That's what Bane's did when I played Catwoman.
Honestly once we get in we can use double punch and body press to more advantage. I will want to see though if that remains a problem. Neither MU is particularly as breaking as the parry set, but still it'd be nice to know.

I honestly wish so many characters didn't have projectiles that rip through his venom armored charge, it being parried was never a huge concern for me.

At least the matchup against Batman won't be as much of a joke with the charge buff. Obviously we should never YOLO charge from full screen anyway but I fought Batman players who could parry on reaction from sweep distance. At least they'll have to respect it a bit more.

Error

DF2+R2
At least the matchup against Batman won't be as much of a joke with the charge buff. Obviously we should never YOLO charge from full screen anyway but I fought Batman players who could parry on reaction from sweep distance. At least they'll have to respect it a bit more.
It's still going to be a barrage of Batman's infinite amount of bats and batarangs and whatever other shit he can through at you.

So looking at the notes, we get pretty much 2 things...

1) Raging Charge can no longer be parried
2) d.2 buff

Compared to the almost universal nerfs, we have the upper hand here. Now then, lets discuss what the d.2 could represent for us, and some set-ups we can maybe work on people whom could parry us before.
two questions:

1) do you play on 360 or PS3?
2) i for one never really use down 2. so could you or anyone else reading explain how good it is?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
two questions:

1) do you play on 360 or PS3?
2) i for one never really use down 2. so could you or anyone else reading explain how good it is?
Before the supposed d2 buff it was pretty much useless aside from the ambiguous tick throw.

It has good range but it's slow

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I'm concerned on WHAT this d2 buff is. If they lower the hitbox on all uppercuts while speeding them up, then no one is ever jumping on Aquaman ever again. EVER.

Personally, I didn't want an uppercut anti-air buff because Bane's anti-air is pretty good. What I want is his uppercut to be 9 frames or faster so he can actually punish outside a high jab.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Parry immunity helps immensely with set-ups against Joker, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Killer Frost. I think the latter are still ridiculously bad but Joker and Wonder Woman might become much better. Unless of course, Joker's trait is excluded from this.

The d.2 buff might change MUs. We'll have to see how that goes.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Parry immunity helps immensely with set-ups against Joker, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Killer Frost. I think the latter are still ridiculously bad but Joker and Wonder Woman might become much better. Unless of course, Joker's trait is excluded from this.

The d.2 buff might change MUs. We'll have to see how that goes.
Honestly d.2 takes away from our air game (lol like we had one) but improves our anti-air game, so most characters who had an advantage with jumping no longer do. We can pin people down in the corner pretty hard by doing d.2 cancels on wake-up at max poke range.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Honestly d.2 takes away from our air game (lol like we had one) but improves our anti-air game, so most characters who had an advantage with jumping no longer do. We can pin people down in the corner pretty hard by doing d.2 cancels on wake-up at max poke range.
huehuehue i love those.

If d.2 becomes faster then this will only be better.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Never if he has the bats! Those fuckers are taking away the armor and he grabs you for free.

I thing he is fine. He is kind a fast moving with a lot of armor. Maybe not for tournaments, but i like him.
I think hes great. the only reason he is the worst is because of his risk factor alone.
everyone complains about his normals but they are actually superb. its easy to get blinded when you only play one or 2 characters

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I think hes great. the only reason he is the worst is because of his risk factor alone.
everyone complains about his normals but they are actually superb. its easy to get blinded when you only play one or 2 characters
The biggest problem is characters with armor taking specials(multi hitting). Bane would be top 10 if he could cancel his running special like Grundy.