What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
Sinestro is 6-4 on most stages but 5-5 on stages like Arkham, Watchtower, Plaza, Rooftop.

Chart looks good though I think Zod beats WoWo (HOLD THAT WOWO PLAYERS).

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Sure that one will obviously be the most contested since it is very very close to even, and most likely not what other Zods feel currently.

Zod essentially has difficulty summoning trait safely. Raven can actually wiff punish Zod's side arm, which hurts the meta that lets him get trait out. Zod should never try to get trait out after a blocked lift, as often times the subsequent trade burns out all of his trait time. Neither of them can wakeup.

I feel that Ravens absorb has lots of potential, although MB sidearm with iazb makes it difficult. Zod will win the chip war if they trade traits. Like I said it is very close to even, but well managed teleports, absorbs, and smart disruption of his trait pressure. Raven has the tools to out footsie Zod, and if they are on top of their game they should keep the amount of trait summons to a minimum.

I would still be okay with making it even at the end of the day.
As a former Raven main I agree with everything you said, I would have just said Zods stupid charge up walk speed verses ravens godlike walk speed.

Last edited:

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Sinestro is 6-4 on most stages but 5-5 on stages like Arkham, Watchtower, Plaza, Rooftop.

Chart looks good though I think Zod beats WoWo (HOLD THAT WOWO PLAYERS).
This is actually a very good point. Many MUs change if Zod can take free interactables when he has trait. Especially Sinestro and Aquaman. I made the * corrections

Zod MU chart: 05/05/2014
MU Descriptions to come. Will update as I learn/play more.

ADVANTAGE:

Cyborg: 7.5|2.5
Hawkgirl: 7|3
Lex Luthor: 7|3
Green Arrow: 7|3
Joker: 7|3
Green Lantern: 6.5|3.5

SLIGHT ADVANTAGE:

Ares: 6|4
Black Adam: 6|4
Catwoman: 6|4
Deathstroke: 6|4
Lobo: 6|4
Solomon Grundy: 6|4
Nightwing: 6|4
Killer Frost: 6|4
Scorpion: 6|4
Shazam: 6|4
Harley Quinn: 5.5|4.5

EVEN:

Batman: 5|5
Batgirl: 5|5
Doomsday: 5|5
Flash: 5|5
Superman: 5|5
Wonder Woman: 5|5* (6-4 on stages with re-spawning interactables)
Zatanna: 5|5

SLIGHT DISADVANTAGE:

Raven: 4.5|5.5
Aquaman: 4|6* (5-5 on stages with re-spawning interactables)
Bane: 4|6
Sinestro: 4|6* (5-5 on stages with re-spawning interactables)

DISADVANTAGE:

Martian Manhunter: 3|7

Discuss

black adam 7-3
nightwing 6.5-3.5
shazam 7-3
raven atleast even
superman 6-4
batman 6-4

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Man I'm just really good in some Mus

:)

Chart looks legit
Yeah LBSH, you would be lucky to find someone who puts in half the work you do when learning MUs. If they put work into the Zod MU like you put into learning the opposing MU then there would be less tears. That is the Pig factor :). I am just trying to be real here!

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
black adam 7-3
nightwing 6.5-3.5
shazam 7-3
raven atleast even
superman 6-4
batman 6-4
I actual agree with all of these if Zod is on a stage that has re-spawning interactables. I am making the changes currently. Stage very much matters for Zod

I actual agree with all of these if Zod is on a stage that has re-spawning interactables. I am making the changes currently. Stage very much matters for Zod
superman is always 6-4 in my opinion, all you need to do is save meter vs him so you can pushblock if he gets you in the corner, other wise if he tries to deal with my zoning he is getting full combo punished by an instant air zod ball, so he has to try to work his way in vs my trait.

its a similar situation vs black adam

we should work on developing a full screen trait game with zod, shooting instant airs with slashes for chip, you can should an instant uncharged laser and it will pop them up for a full combo with a zod ball going after them, its a true mixup

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
I feel like the Flash wins that matchup 4.5/5.5 for two main reasons his dash and walk speed. I know this contradicts what I said a month ago but, Flash should never fear an IAZB, without IAZB to worry about he only has to walk forward and react to sidearms and lasers which are both easy to do and if they see an IAZB they get a free dash.This also might be me still being salty from when @Zyphox beat me a couple of weeks ago