What's new

Match-up Discussion ZOD MU CHART -Relaxedstate

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I feel like the Flash wins that matchup 4.5/5.5 for two main reasons his dash and walk speed. I know this contradicts what I said a month ago but, Flash should never fear an IAZB, without IAZB to worry about he only has to walk forward and react to sidearms and lasers which are both easy to do and if they see an IAZB they get a free dash.This also might be me still being salty from when @Zyphox beat me a couple of weeks ago
Absolutely not

Can U link me to the video and I can explain what to do?

Yoaks

A spaceman
Lobo I can see going even with Zod in the future. Once I start learning what to do when he has trait out, is really the only thing holding me back.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
superman is always 6-4 in my opinion, all you need to do is save meter vs him so you can pushblock if he gets you in the corner, other wise if he tries to deal with my zoning he is getting full combo punished by an instant air zod ball, so he has to try to work his way in vs my trait.

its a similar situation vs black adam

we should work on developing a full screen trait game with zod, shooting instant airs with slashes for chip, you can should an instant uncharged laser and it will pop them up for a full combo with a zod ball going after them, its a true mixup
This may be the first time I agree with you about Zod, dont get used to it lol.

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
Absolutely not

Can U link me to the video and I can explain what to do?
I just watched it for the first time I played like ass dropped combos, baited into whiffing D1,2 A LOT, unsafe trait grabs etc etc @Zyphox was just a better player that day. Still with that being said I feel like Zod has to work harder to zone, then Flash has to work to get in seeing as non MB IAZB are no longer an option from 3/4 of the screen or closer.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I just watched it for the first time I played like ass dropped combos, baited into whiffing D1,2 A LOT, unsafe trait grabs etc etc @Zyphox was just a better player that day. Still with that being said I feel like Zod has to work harder to zone, then Flash has to work to get in seeing as non MB IAZB are no longer an option from 3/4 of the screen or closer.
I noticed you got hit with a 90% combo, thats not a great start Kappa

M2Dave

Zoning Master
SLIGHT DISADVANTAGE:

Raven: 4.5|5.5
Aquaman: 4|6* (5-5 on stages with re-spawning interactables)
Bane: 4|6
Sinestro: 4|6* (5-5 on stages with re-spawning interactables)
All of those match ups, especially Raven and Sinestro, could be even.

Martian Manhunter is definitely a losing 7:3 match up. It could even be 8:2.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I agree with the Nightwing number. When you compare Nightwing - Zod to a genuine 3-7 such as Sinestro, it really doesn't seem as bad.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I agree with the Nightwing number. When you compare Nightwing - Zod to a genuine 3-7 such as Sinestro, it really doesn't seem as bad.
It is true, nightwing has so many good answers for avoiding his zoning. Even counter zoning to a degree. Also it is just implied that NW is fantastic at keeping Zod on the ground/ in the corner.
I really just think that NW players need more Zod experience, the problem is that there are not many Zod players out there.

NW may lose 7-3 on stages with respawning interactables however...

MK_Chameleon

The wizard of Zod
@Peckapowa u guys need to be using the safe ball grab or his 20% chip guaranteed w trait that costs .5 bar
The chip I agree with but the safe zod ball mixup seems like a waste of trait. You spend your whole trait time on that one mixup when you could have had 2 or 3 instead. More chances to open someone up trumps one way. At least for me anyways.

Pig Of The Hut

All of those match ups, especially Raven and Sinestro, could be even.

Martian Manhunter is definitely a losing 7:3 match up. It could even be 8:2.
So cowboy lost once to you but wins handedly all others and p2w lost many times and worst u do is even vs him and that's 5-5

We destroy all MMhs except Jupiter and that MU is 8-2?

Explain

Pig Of The Hut

The chip I agree with but the safe zod ball mixup seems like a waste of trait. You spend your whole trait time on that one mixup when you could have had 2 or 3 instead. More chances to open someone up trumps one way. At least for me anyways.
For Aquaman it's gold but honestly the 20% chip tech is best vs him

I need to show u guys some new tech vs aqua and dd

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
You should play me sometime so I can form an opinion on the zod match. Honestly idk what it is but every other WoWo complains that's it a really hard one for her.
When I was still playing I didn't find it too difficult and I had no idea what was even going on lol. Pig still bodied me but he'd body me no matter what.

Pig Of The Hut

Start using f2 as a universal torpedo/MB torpedo punisher (44% everytime ) d12 whiffs everytime unless u dash then immediate hold down at same time he does a torpedo

Ground balls man, GROUD BALLS. Connect any side arm on hit and do ground ball. If he jumps trip guard w MB laser or if ball hits combo w MB laser into side arm and more balls. If he block ground ball med ball to MB laser and slow fall to MB laser are guaranteed strings /frame traps and together do 6% chip pushing him full screen for repeat of same situation. Ask any flash I play, this is extremely frustrating for them

Also 10/10 combos, get rid of the d2 combos. End every combo w standing 3 slow ball. Blows up every Wakeup they have and starts above situation described

Parry d12/f21 oh slam or interrupt w d2 combo

F2 his b2 stutter or backdash it expecting a follow up

This is a good start

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So cowboy lost once to you but wins handedly all others and p2w lost many times and worst u do is even vs him and that's 5-5

Explain
"Handedly" is false. Besides, Cowboy fights some match ups better than P2W does and vice versa.

I have beaten Cowboy. You have beaten P2W.

Has any Zod player even come remotely to beating Jupiter and REO recently? Everybody has been getting bodied 10:2, 10:3, etc.

Pig Of The Hut

"Handedly" is false. Besides, Cowboy fights some match ups better than P2W does and vice versa.

I have beaten Cowboy. You have beaten P2W.

Has any Zod player even come remotely to beating Jupiter and REO recently? Everybody has been getting bodied 10:2, 10:3, etc.
yea lately its been bad and yes p2w does in fact play some MUs better

Its strangely simliar to you and I and frustrating probably for us four lol

@Peckapowa u guys need to be using the safe ball grab or his 20% chip guaranteed w trait that costs .5 bar
whats the safe ball grab??? is that similar too pushblock?

ive been shooting a ball from full screen and mixing up between instant laser and laser cancel, its more valid than the others. whats the 20 percent chip?? phantom hands and mb laser????

I want too shoot instant zod balls and trait slash for chip, that is my final goal.

@mk chameleon

you aren't factoring in thats flashes dash is reactable and his best footsie tool whiffs, once he is put full screen at disadvantage he has to deal with balls which he lacks a safe method of countering, i am talking about regular balls. i've always felt slightly advantageous in that fight

@Relaxedstate
in regards to nightwing, i feel that albeit he has methods of getting around the zoning, if you just take free hits and keep forcing your hand eventually you win out and he doesn't gain any progress and he is then screwed

Pig Of The Hut

whats the safe ball grab??? is that similar too pushblock?

ive been shooting a ball from full screen and mixing up between instant laser and laser cancel, its more valid than the others. whats the 20 percent chip?? phantom hands and mb laser????

I want too shoot instant zod balls and trait slash for chip, that is my final goal.

@mk chameleon

you aren't factoring in thats flashes dash is reactable and his best footsie tool whiffs, once he is put full screen at disadvantage he has to deal with balls which he lacks a safe method of countering, i am talking about regular balls. i've always felt slightly advantageous in that fight

@Relaxedstate
in regards to nightwing, i feel that albeit he has methods of getting around the zoning, if you just take free hits and keep forcing your hand eventually you win out and he doesn't gain any progress and he is then screwed
see my kryptonian tech episode 1/2 videos fool :)

Explain

sinestro vs zod is all life lead, zod is way harder to play in the fight but if your execution is on point he has no answer to your zoning, on the flip side he's also similar with trait/life lead, that being said your trait can be used to open him up