What's new

Yu-Gi-Oh (Dueling Network/DevPro)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The reason it's almost 100% manual is because the site was really made for tournament players or players who know the game well. It wasn't intended for noobs just starting out, that's primarily why it's a free site. Just picture it as playing offline just with every card at your disposal and 100 times more convenient. It does take awhile to learn all the rules, and even I don't know them all and a lot of them go against simple logic, but rules are rules I guess.

The site is very popular now. Some people I've talked to said that there used to be like 50-200 people on at a time at max. Now, even on the slow nights, or at 4am in the morning, there's at least 3,000+ on. With all this recent popularity, even making the game $5 to buy, the guy would have made a nice cozy profit :)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
mmmm yeah stopped playing it like 4 or 5 hours in when i started to see some synchro tuner whatever the fuck those cards are popping up. Everytime i saw someone use them i would just concede. I don't know what the hell are those cards or how they work.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
mmmm yeah stopped playing it like 4 or 5 hours in when i started to see some synchro tuner whatever the fuck those cards are popping up. Everytime i saw someone use them i would just concede. I don't know what the hell are those cards or how they work.
Go to post #146 in this thread. I explained what they were and how they work. Pretty simple.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Go to post #146 in this thread. I explained what they were and how they work. Pretty simple.
This explanation was from a thread i posted,could you edit REO's post and put this in?

Synchro Monsters are fundamentally similar to Ritual Monsters - if you control face-up monsters whose levels add up to the level of a Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck, you can send them to the grave to Special Summon that Synchro Monster. The condition is that exactly one of these cards has to be a Tuner Monster - a new sub-category of card, similar to how Union Monsters are a sub-category of Effect Monsters.

For example, if you control a Level 3 Junk Synchron (a Tuner) + a Level 2 Doppelwarrior (who isn't a Tuner), you can send them both to the graveyard to Special Summon Ally of Justice Catastor (a Level 5 Synchro Monster) from your extra deck. Generally, the Synchro monsters are far more powerful than the monsters in your Main Deck, and a lot quicker to summon - Junk Synchron's effect is to special summon a level 2 or lower monster from your grave, so you can summon powerful Synchro monsters with one card, meaning that Tribute Monsters were largely abandoned when Synchro Monsters came out. The other advantage is that since you can never draw a Synchro Monster, you'll never have it sitting around in your hand uselessly - they can never be dead-drawn. Plaguespreader Zombie is the iconic Zombie tuner - not only can it revive itself from the grave, but it can be special summoned by Zombie Master, which allows you to make large amounts of Level 6 Synchro monsters very quickly.

Xyz Monsters are arguably either a lot simpler or a lot more complicated than Synchro Monsters. Any time you have two or more monsters that are exactly the same level, you can stack them on top of each other (called 'overlaying') and place an Xyz Monster who's Rank is the same as the monster's Levels on top of the stack. For example, if you control Zombie Master (a Level 4 monster) and use his effect to summon Goblin Zombie (another Level 4 monster), you can stack them together to summon Number 37: Utopia (a Rank 4 monster that needs two Level 4 monsters to summon). Once you've overlayed into an Xyz Monster, the cards that you used to summon it effectively become counters - the Xyz Monster will send them to the grave to activate their effect. They don't count as monsters, and they don't count as on the field - they're more like ammunition for the monster's effects.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Quick question, how do i get more monsters under my xyz monsters? Can i just summon one and put it under?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
You can't. Unless you use specific cards that allow you to. Like I think there's a card that says when activated use this card as an XYZ material or something. But otherwise, you can't add materials.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It seriously let you do 16 spaces as the last characters in your nickname?
OJuggernautO - ! #13 (16 spaces)
Excellent troll nickname if it did.
It used to when I did it, you can't anymore. On the site you can click "duel" or "watch". When you click "watch", the first names that are on the list are names with "!" in front of them, assuming it goes by some kind of order then goes into alphabetical order. And if you have spaces between the ! and the rest of your name, you have a higher chance at being at the top. I'm usually at the top of the list, so I get more watchers than people who are way better than me. Which is cool because REO and I have some very entertaining duels where we troll each other and talk shit.

Reactions: ZAQ

Hitoshura

Head Cage
they are,synchros have very useful abilities,its just that some top tier decks dont use them.
Only synchro thats RLLY useful now a days is stardust dragon. Plus mainly people use Stardust via starlight road. They don't summon him normally. This format is to fast for synchros so ppl dont rlly use tuners anymore. Some decks do though still... not kine

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Only synchro thats RLLY useful now a days is stardust dragon. Plus mainly people use Stardust via starlight road. They don't summon him normally. This format is to fast for synchros so ppl dont rlly use tuners anymore. Some decks do though still... not kine
Brionac is still really good.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
If its one thing I'm good at its yu-gi-oh.

Lol synchros aren't really that viable anymore silly :)
They need to invent a card that says:

"As long as this card remains face-up on the field, no Syncro monsters or XYZ monsters can be used by either player. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. You may also put this card on top of your deck before the duel starts."

I would run like 8 of those in my deck.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
They need to invent a card that says:

"As long as this card remains face-up on the field, no Syncro monsters or XYZ monsters can be used by either player. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. You may also put this card on top of your deck before the duel starts."

I would run like 8 of those in my deck.
Lol idky u hate them so much. They loose to card like other cards do like bottomless trap hole, dimensional prison, fiendish chain, COMPULSORY EVACUATION DEVICE, and etc

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Lol idky u hate them so much. They loose to card like other cards do like bottomless trap hole, dimensional prison, fiendish chain, COMPULSORY EVACUATION DEVICE, and etc
These guys just don't know. I'd rather face a synchro heavy deck than Inzektors, Rabbit, Lightsworn Dragons, Wind-ups, Karakuri, etc.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
These guys just don't know. I'd rather face a synchro heavy deck than Inzektors, Rabbit, Lightsworn Dragons, Wind-ups, Karakuri, etc.
Karakuri's arent so bad. They loose game 2. Side in that cyber dragon and u pretty much got it lol.

Only decks u listed i have problems with is inzektors bc there bs. My deck stops the rest LOL! Gotta love tier 2 decks in yu-gi-oh. To gdlk

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So what's the focus on inzektors? Never heard of them till now lol.
I use those,they basically allow you to equip an inzektor on another inzektor,then you can choose to destroy one card with the cost on killing the equipped inzektor,then the effect of the first inzektor summons an inzektor from graveyard/deck/hand which revives the dead inzektor and then effect of the dead inzektor brings another inzektor and basically when you see inzektors you gotta destroy the first one ASAP.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
OJuggernautO has Yu Gi Oh progressed far since like 2003-2004, as that was the last time i really played and i can barely remember how to play.

Also would it still be viable to run a micro-stall deck, i remember having a really awkward deck full of giant germ, nimble momonga, blast spheres, reflect bounder, cyber stein and then some trap/magic cards to keep your life points above 5000 to cyber stein special summon something up and then wipe the board once you are sure they cant counter it from their current hand/face downs.

Used to work pretty well but if nothing goes your way you can end up with a hand full of semi useless cards and no way to special summon any of your greater monsters...

Wish i remembered how to play though, i'll have to give someone a game soon!