Yu-Gi-Oh (Dueling Network/DevPro)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by R.E.O., Jun 3, 2012.

1. R.E.O.

R.E.O. Undead Premium Supporter

Who plays this?

There's a site called - www.duelingnetwork.com It has every card ever made. Playing it is done manually so make sure you know your rulings to avoid accusations of cheating. It takes about one minute to sign up and everything is free.

To add someone to your friend list, go to "Profile Viewer". Then type in their name and hit enter. Click on "Add Friend". Then any time you click on the "Online Users" icon, your friends should appear first in blue, if they are online.

TYM tags:

REO - vVv REO
    OJuggernautO - ! #13 (16 spaces)
    Spletty - Spletty91
    Derptile - Fishteacake
    1man3letters - 1man3letters
    Sonya Blake - GamerBlake90
    Smarrgasm - Smarrgasm
    RedRaptor10 - RedRaptor10
    TheChad_87 - TheChad_87
    Error - Pitiful
    DragonPick - DragonPick
    Rampage254 - Rampage254
    Zer0 Hundr3d - Zer0 Hundr3d
    Faded Dreams V - Faded Dreams
    FrostyBarrel - FrostyBarrel
    RampaginDragon - RampaginDragon
    Z-911-Z - Z911
    T.roll - T.roll
    Glass_Sword - WitcherSoda

===============================================

Synchro Monsters are fundamentally similar to Ritual Monsters - if you control face-up monsters whose levels add up to the level of a Synchro Monster in your Extra Deck, you can send them to the grave to Special Summon that Synchro Monster. The condition is that exactly one of these cards has to be a Tuner Monster - a new sub-category of card, similar to how Union Monsters are a sub-category of Effect Monsters.

For example, if you control a Level 3 Junk Synchron (a Tuner) + a Level 2 Doppelwarrior (who isn't a Tuner), you can send them both to the graveyard to Special Summon Ally of Justice Catastor (a Level 5 Synchro Monster) from your extra deck. Generally, the Synchro monsters are far more powerful than the monsters in your Main Deck, and a lot quicker to summon - Junk Synchron's effect is to special summon a level 2 or lower monster from your grave, so you can summon powerful Synchro monsters with one card, meaning that Tribute Monsters were largely abandoned when Synchro Monsters came out. The other advantage is that since you can never draw a Synchro Monster, you'll never have it sitting around in your hand uselessly - they can never be dead-drawn. Plaguespreader Zombie is the iconic Zombie tuner - not only can it revive itself from the grave, but it can be special summoned by Zombie Master, which allows you to make large amounts of Level 6 Synchro monsters very quickly.

Xyz Monsters are arguably either a lot simpler or a lot more complicated than Synchro Monsters. Any time you have two or more monsters that are exactly the same level, you can stack them on top of each other (called 'overlaying') and place an Xyz Monster who's Rank is the same as the monster's Levels on top of the stack. For example, if you control Zombie Master (a Level 4 monster) and use his effect to summon Goblin Zombie (another Level 4 monster), you can stack them together to summon Number 37: Utopia (a Rank 4 monster that needs two Level 4 monsters to summon). Once you've overlayed into an Xyz Monster, the cards that you used to summon it effectively become counters - the Xyz Monster will send them to the grave to activate their effect. They don't count as monsters, and they don't count as on the field - they're more like ammunition for the monster's effects.
  2. DragonPick

DragonPick I don't play Runescape

PSN:
    DragonPick
    Hi. I play on Dueling Network sometimes. I'm not good, but I do
  3. Verstande

Verstande Well-Known Member

I played it, when I was 8
  4. iroku

iroku Member

YOMOMMA ?
  5. CURBOLICOUS

CURBOLICOUS Cage ban wagon?

Used to play it and went to tournaments, your free.
    Squeaker101 and ManOfManyActs like this.
  6. Error

Error Official Black Adam Downplayer

PSN:
    Pittyfulme
    I play on Dueling Network on occasion
  7. Saint

Saint Active Member

hahaha
  8. Faded Dreams V

Faded Dreams V Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.

I was known as the "Yu-Gi-Oh Master" back in Middle School.
  9. R.E.O.

Haters can leave to go play their adult-rated Call of Duty now. Anyway, I play on dueling network (it's free and has every card ever made) every now and then. My tag is vVv REO. Add if interested.
  10. AK RM Blake

AK RM Blake Aspiring FGC Journalist Staff Member Premium Supporter

Played it up until about three years ago.
  11. Derptile

Derptile Politically Incorrect

XBL:
    Derptile
    I also play on dueling network sometimes.

Oh I how silly I was buying 40 pieces of paper for $12...
    DanCock, BS3OOO and DragonPick like this.
  12. Spletty

Spletty Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Spletty
    REO Im a diehard yugioh player. But whats this dueling network?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
  13. R.E.O.

Yeah, who actually buys the cards any more? I think I only bought a starter deck back in 2002 and that was it. I will get the title changed to Dueling Network so people don't get confused with actually playing it in person.
  14. Lulzlou

Lulzlou Well-Known Member

PSN:
    LulzLou
    [​IMG]
    I have my deck near me all the time B)
    MAPUSA, Just2Swift and Red Reaper like this.
  15. R.E.O.

It's a site - www.duelingnetwork.com It has every card ever made. Playing it is done manually so make sure you know your rulings to avoid accusations of cheating. It takes about one minute to sign up and everything is free.
  16. DragonPick

PSN:
    DragonPick
    http://www.duelingnetwork.com/

This site. Let's you play Yu-Gi-Oh and stuff for free and is pretty awesome. Build your own deck with every card ever, etc.

Or REO can ninja me, that's cool...
  17. 1man3letters

1man3letters OBS - Alpha Tarkatan - Hellfire Moderator Staff Member Premium Supporter

i liked the psp games, and the old cartoons

didnt know about this dueling network, sounds cool, gonna check it out know, thanks reo
  18. AK RM Blake

AK RM Blake Aspiring FGC Journalist Staff Member Premium Supporter

Checking it out now!
  19. Spletty

XBL:
    Spletty
    Im gonna sign up for sure, im assuming exodia isnt very good anymore but that was my shit back in the day lol

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
  20. Derptile

Derptile Politically Incorrect

XBL:
    Derptile
    Exodia decks are fucking boring as hell to play against.
    Z-911-Z likes this.
  21. Enenra

Enenra Go to hell.

XBL:
    l Enenra l
    Yu Gi Oh?
    NKZero likes this.
  22. R.E.O.

Man, there's a bunch of broken new cards and decks people use nowadays that wasn't around back then during the OG time. I don't use any of the new cards because I don't feel like learning everything. I may make a better deck when I get some free time. I use mostly OG cards with a couple new ones, nothing fancy.
  23. GGA pimpimjim

GGA pimpimjim john titor

yu-gi-oh is still quite popular, it has an active tourney scene although all the new deck formats are more broken than kabal
    OJuggernautO likes this.
  24. DragonPick

PSN:
    DragonPick
    Think of Exodia as the most turtle tastic Sub-zero possible, but is always sitting on full meter
    Spletty likes this.
  25. Spletty

XBL:
    Spletty
    alright sick im the same way. ill add you and play sometime.