What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
just saying since 3,2 was mentioned as well. I'm assuming it will be more character specific wheres 2,1 will be universal.

Also, this should be our new bnb. swag as hell, not too tough and boosts our damage off 1 meter. 49% for a bar? Same at the least, more at

at 9:48

ha i been working on that one.. its possible with some training.
although it does less damage than it says.. and so do the rest
does 47 percent not bad.. works on all chars from what i can see

laudanum09

Darling
edited my post for a few more thoughts but yeah 47 is pretty above average for a bar in this game no? I'm definitely going to try and make it my bnb.

Cat

edited my post for a few more thoughts but yeah 47 is pretty above average for a bar in this game no? I'm definitely going to try and make it my bnb.
true.. its not the easiest combo to land though.. getting the j2 after the teeth is the hardest part
ive tried doing it after a 21 mb but its near impossible because of how far back the opponent is placed after the b3 in the cobo.. i landed it once out of idk how many times

laudanum09

Darling
ah yes. consistently lower damage is better than iffy high damage especially for a tournament player like yourself. It seems like when you hit the d.2 also affects how easy it is to hit that j2, and that's going to be character specific.

As for something more practical and easier from Valle's Levelup stream, off a regular bnb, after back 3, immediate j2 and sweep can be followed up by an extremely ambiguous crossup ji 1. ji.2 is more obvious off of this but do it again for the mixup by doing a late j2, sweep after a b3 and your ji2 becomes an ambiguously front hitting jump in.

also to mix things up, a blocked 2,1,3 is +1 according to the game menu and leaves you at a perfect distance for b.1, 3. there's probably higher damage whiff punishes you can do too afterwards. seems like 2,1 (3) is pretty damn solid.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Did anyone contact NRS about The Joker combo bug with big characters? Seems too important to overlook IMO. Needs fixing.

Reactions: Cat

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Did anyone contact NRS about The Joker combo bug with big characters? Seems too important to overlook IMO. Needs fixing.
Jack White
We got a thread thats just for organizing any and all bugs we can find so that this sort of information is easy for NRS to browse.
http://testyourmight.com/threads/the-injustice-issues-bugs-and-minor-suggestions-thread.30046/page-7#post-814867

Post the specifics of this bug there and they should be able to find it. You can even send the link to that thread or to a bug video to hecterrific on twitter if needed. Here's hoping the problem gets cleared up for your main.

laudanum09

Darling
If no one posts about it in the bug thread by tonight (Seoul time) I'll just go ahead and do it. I don't have twitter so someone else should probably get a hold of hector. I tried posting on their FB page but they just replied with 'what exactly am I supposed to be seeing in this vid?' lol

Cat

If no one posts about it in the bug thread by tonight (Seoul time) I'll just go ahead and do it. I don't have twitter so someone else should probably get a hold of hector. I tried posting on their FB page but they just replied with 'what exactly am I supposed to be seeing in this vid?' lol
I was thinking of making a thread about it earlier. Tomorrow after work ill make a video. Because it really is a problem.

laudanum09

Darling
I was thinking of making a thread about it earlier. Tomorrow after work ill make a video. Because it really is a problem.
There is a video already (I posted it in the combo thread) from SRK but if you don't mind you should make another one. It might be better coming from you.

So I know this isn't the matchup thread, but I looked through the matchup thread and all the matchup info is blank so I figured I'd ask in here since this thread is very active and awesome. What are the bad matchups you see for Joker so far? For me right now it seems like I'm having a lot of trouble with both doomsday and deathstroke (especially on the atlantis stage). I think doomsday will get better once I learn to punish his dive attack thing and parry shoulder charge perhaps? Anyone have any matchup advice for this?

For deathstroke, I basically employ the regular strategy of crouch, block guns, dash up, repeat until I'm close. I find myself getting a little overzealous and jumping in on him and getting anti-aired with the spin sword move. After I realized I was just doing that like a predictable idiot, I started baiting it, but I'm not sure what's an optimal punish for that (I just did b1, 3). Again, any matchup advice would be great.

Any other matchups that are tough for joker? I seem to be having a surprisingly not difficult time with both superman and batman, which I thought would be a harder matchup. I could just be playing scrubs online though.

Cat, I really enjoy watching video of your tournament footage, I feel like there's a lot I'm learning watching you play, is there a regular stream you play on weekly?

Cat

So I know this isn't the matchup thread, but I looked through the matchup thread and all the matchup info is blank so I figured I'd ask in here since this thread is very active and awesome. What are the bad matchups you see for Joker so far? For me right now it seems like I'm having a lot of trouble with both doomsday and deathstroke (especially on the atlantis stage). I think doomsday will get better once I learn to punish his dive attack thing and parry shoulder charge perhaps? Anyone have any matchup advice for this?

For deathstroke, I basically employ the regular strategy of crouch, block guns, dash up, repeat until I'm close. I find myself getting a little overzealous and jumping in on him and getting anti-aired with the spin sword move. After I realized I was just doing that like a predictable idiot, I started baiting it, but I'm not sure what's an optimal punish for that (I just did b1, 3). Again, any matchup advice would be great.

Any other matchups that are tough for joker? I seem to be having a surprisingly not difficult time with both superman and batman, which I thought would be a harder matchup. I could just be playing scrubs online though.

Cat, I really enjoy watching video of your tournament footage, I feel like there's a lot I'm learning watching you play, is there a regular stream you play on weekly?
Death stroke requires patience. As for a sword punish. Make sure you block it crouching (it's not a overhead) because it pushes back less.

You can do standing 2 into low tank mb b3 j2 into whatever ender ( I recommend sweep or a hard knockdown with 323 for a free jump in / cross over ) if they try and wake up spin again just dash in and bait it. And punish again.

Getting into a range where sweep hits max distance is also good to sweep them out of standing gun shots.

I'm working on a video guide still and will likely work on doing match specific tutorials on fighting a specific char and how to punish certain things.

And thanks man.
I stream on twitch.tv/Kombathouston I should be streaming offline casuals later today. Look out for it. Just follow on twitter as I post when i go live at @kombathouston

laudanum09

Darling
First of all, who is he (remember I'm new to the NRS scene) and second I don't understand the reply lol.

Anyways, Cat when can we see more of your Joker man? I need more inspiration.

Cat

First of all, who is he (remember I'm new to the NRS scene) and second I don't understand the reply lol.

Anyways, Cat when can we see more of your Joker man? I need more inspiration.
Pako works for NRS in making the game and what not

and yeah im coming up with some stuff.. illpost stuff soon.. trying to get that check corner combo. lol

I'm working on a video guide still and will likely work on doing match specific tutorials on fighting a specific char and how to punish certain things.
Nice, that would be really great. I'm getting ready for UFGT in a couple weeks so I'm trying to grind hard. Will definitely check out your stream later.

lorenzo

Noob
I found some changes on some of Joker moves. His 212 string is now a true mid and it won't whiff on crouching opponents. So now you can do a true frame trap in to the rolling gas. His Forward 232 is also now a true mid and the 3 will not whiff on crouching opponents.

laudanum09

Darling
I found some changes on some of Joker moves. His 212 string is now a true mid and it won't whiff on crouching opponents. So now you can do a true frame trap in to the rolling gas. His Forward 232 is also now a true mid and the 3 will not whiff on crouching opponents.

JOY.

Does this indirectly fix the problem with the bigger characters and 1,1 as well?

so it sounds like after thorough testing by you guys (thanks by the way) the good strings for joker off a blocked jump-in are 1,1 and 2,1. Neither of these cancel into low tank right? But can you frame trap by cancelling into low tank off these? I know that's probably not the greatest idea since that move is extremely negative, but if I've got a lot of meter I can always blow 1 to make it safe. Any other good frametraps with Joker? He seems like he's all about the traps and setups to get damage

lorenzo

Noob
Joker has good frame traps. 212 to enhanced rolling gas is safe on block, no reversal will beat it (I test the frame trap against Flash 6 frame reversal), and it will beat most super, if they mash super. You can also use 212 to teeth and is safe on block too. Best way to throw teeth.

You can also cancel his other string to the flower and frame trap. Bound cancels will also allow you to extend frame trap with Back 1. All of joker strings are safe and they allow you to create a frame trap. You can also implement Joker counter at the end of some strings.
As soon as you make people stop mashing moves, you can go for the delay traps. Like 113 into rolling gas.

I haven't tested the 1,1 yet. So I don't know if the glitch is fix.

laudanum09

Darling
I tried this. forward 2,3,2 whiffs still. Am I testing it wrong? I just recorded, played it back and the 3 whiffed. If you block 2 high and then try to crouch block the 3, then yeah it connects, but otherwise I don't see any difference. It forces a block in the corner but otherwise its the same. Whiffs.

212 doesn't whiff at all on crouching opponents as long as its done pretty much point blank.

lorenzo

Noob
I thought that they fix it. I was playing against some characters and it work. But I tested with other characters, and it still whiffs on some of the characters. -_- It will always hit no matter who the character is if you hit with the forward 2 at max distance, or if you hit with the rising knife the last hit will connect in the 212. Damn it :(

I got happy for no reason. Damn Lex, and Grundy, they gave me false hope. Same reason that batman and catwoman can dodge the water in Atlantis by just ducking. -_- Their hurtbox is too small.

Octakel

Puddin
Hey guys, new to TYM. Anyways, if you haven't seen it yet, in the new Batgirl trailer you can also see the new
costume for the Joker. It's like reading the Killing Joke all over again.