What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

laudanum09

Darling
Alan Moore, rolling in his grave. And by grave I mean that coffin shaped thing he uses for a bed. Jking, I'm buyin dat sheet for sure. Just gimme a good New52 Joker or TDKR Joker and I'll be glad to pay.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Joker has good frame traps. 212 to enhanced rolling gas is safe on block, no reversal will beat it (I test the frame trap against Flash 6 frame reversal), and it will beat most super, if they mash super. You can also use 212 to teeth and is safe on block too. Best way to throw teeth.

You can also cancel his other string to the flower and frame trap. Bound cancels will also allow you to extend frame trap with Back 1. All of joker strings are safe and they allow you to create a frame trap. You can also implement Joker counter at the end of some strings.
As soon as you make people stop mashing moves, you can go for the delay traps. Like 113 into rolling gas.

I haven't tested the 1,1 yet. So I don't know if the glitch is fix.
I'll have to test these later. Great stuff.

Also I made a match up thread. Chek it out

Cat

Joker has good frame traps. 212 to enhanced rolling gas is safe on block, no reversal will beat it (I test the frame trap against Flash 6 frame reversal), and it will beat most super, if they mash super. You can also use 212 to teeth and is safe on block too. Best way to throw teeth.

You can also cancel his other string to the flower and frame trap. Bound cancels will also allow you to extend frame trap with Back 1. All of joker strings are safe and they allow you to create a frame trap. You can also implement Joker counter at the end of some strings.
As soon as you make people stop mashing moves, you can go for the delay traps. Like 113 into rolling gas.

I haven't tested the 1,1 yet. So I don't know if the glitch is fix.
you are correct.. doing 212 into teeth cant even be punished with lex 6 frame charge attack.. very great stuff!!!
this means we can set up some teeth traps, or go into low tank ex (even if its block you are left at great advantage)
my biggest use for it. would be doing 212 teeth. and if my opponent attacks right after , push block!!!! right into the teeth to get a launcher... once they respect this! you can start doing pressure of your own and even doing some f3 armor .. or jump ins. or even b1 to hit ppl who press buttons late and should link into the teeth explosion..

time to hit the LAB!!!

sucks it can be duck by most chars...
first thing im testing is on who it does not whiff even if croutching.. im sure its all big chars. like lex is confirmed

lorenzo

Noob
The move is a mid and it always hit as long as the rising knife hits. So no matter if they crouch if you hit with the beginning of the string or the rising knife hits, the move will connect. Now from far range it will whiff on small character and medium size character. We need a list to see on who it will whiff from far.

Finally got some matches in last night with all the GGA crew, man doomsday is a problem. I didn't abuse the 212 stuff though, I will be practicing that and using it in my game. I have another general question about this game, not necessarily joker related, do you guys think there will be value in playing another character for matchups? I feel like the character design of this game makes it so it may eventually end up like Super Turbo where there are just some matchups that you counter pick for. Do any of you have alternate characters?

Ren21

Noob
lol shot outs to all my set ups :p
is he on tym?
haha Yea i'm on here. Still trying to get the hang of Joker's overall gameplay. Trying to figure out some solid setups for neutral game (armor f3 only does so much.) considering normally if I get touched once vs most character I take 30%+. Was hype getting some joker gameplay on wnf though.

That catwomen game though I simply didnt respect that wakeup attack. Got blown up (btw pretty sure her dash claw can be punished on block by 2 mb rlg)

Cat

The move is a mid and it always hit as long as the rising knife hits. So no matter if they crouch if you hit with the beginning of the string or the rising knife hits, the move will connect. Now from far range it will whiff on small character and medium size character. We need a list to see on who it will whiff from far.
watch my guide video preview. i posted allt he chars it whiffs on.

Cat

haha Yea i'm on here. Still trying to get the hang of Joker's overall gameplay. Trying to figure out some solid setups for neutral game (armor f3 only does so much.) considering normally if I get touched once vs most character I take 30%+. Was hype getting some joker gameplay on wnf though.

That catwomen game though I simply didnt respect that wakeup attack. Got blown up (btw pretty sure her dash claw can be punished on block by 2 mb rlg)
ahhh alright cool, i knew the name sounded familiar

hey what are the best combos to do off a raw f3? I like doing a teeth / armored f3 trap but I want to get max damage or a good setup after

hey what are the best combos to do off a raw f3? I like doing a teeth / armored f3 trap but I want to get max damage or a good setup after
meterless go for forward 3 jumpin 2 ,3,2 acid flower for 30 % or farteeth 22% to try for a setup
or go for jumpin2 2,1,2 low gas bomb

Danno

Noob
So I've tried all the characters who I thought were top tier and didn't have any luck. Just as I was about to give up on this game I find the joker. I think for a casual like myself he's not a bad room to pick up. His gun is so fast and beats out most trades with fireballs. Now to learn some combos.

Gemakai

Just Go Loo-oo-ney!

Well, I think you did pretty awesomely considering the reputation around the character at the time (with KSmith's 2 week tier list and all) but yea, I fiddled with Catwoman a bit. She has some pretty crazy stuff. You just live and learn.

Edit: on further note, I'm sort of compiling a lot of this Joker Information into a general guide for the character, including move analysis, playstyle, general combos, and set ups. Is there anything else I should include in it?

Well, I think you did pretty awesomely considering the reputation around the character at the time (with KSmith's 2 week tier list and all) but yea, I fiddled with Catwoman a bit. She has some pretty crazy stuff. You just live and learn.

Edit: on further note, I'm sort of compiling a lot of this Joker Information into a general guide for the character, including move analysis, playstyle, general combos, and set ups. Is there anything else I should include in it?
Seems good. Perhaps character-specific quirks, like the teeth-grab thing, how there is no similar thing with teeth-parry, stuff like that. Also some good, easy parry strings like Green Lantern's low into high string, as well as some character specific set-ups, like how teeth+F3 beats all of Doomsday's wakeup options. Of course, that stuff starts getting complex.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Pretty much taking a break from this game until Cat posts his guide. Not many other characters I want to learn.

Gemakai

Just Go Loo-oo-ney!
Seems good. Perhaps character-specific quirks, like the teeth-grab thing, how there is no similar thing with teeth-parry, stuff like that. Also some good, easy parry strings like Green Lantern's low into high string, as well as some character specific set-ups, like how teeth+F3 beats all of Doomsday's wakeup options. Of course, that stuff starts getting complex.
true, some of those I'm not even aware of, but it'll be a ongoing project for certain.

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime
Anyone else hyped for that "Killing Joke" pack? I'm so happy they're doing it and I'm a bit surprised that Joker is even getting 3 costumes at once since no one plays as him lol. I hope NRS doesn't lose money over this. They do look great though.

http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2013/may/13/jokers-killing-joke-alternate-costume-injustice-gods-among-us/
http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2013/may/14/final-confrontation-joker-costume-injustice-gods-among-us/
http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2013/may/15/jokers-red-hood-alternate-costume-injustice-gods-among-us/

laudanum09

Darling
As a huge fan of fighting games and batman comics this entire game is like an unbelievable nerdgasm. It's fan service like this that just makes me not wanna touch another Capcom game seriously. Gimme a New 52 Joker and a trait buff plus some of those weird glitch/hitbox fixes and I'll be NRS's forever.

Ren21

Noob
It's crazy how much content there putting out JUST for Joker but its probably to compliment the batgirl release. I really don't think Joker will get any significant buffs without buffing/nerfing the rest of the cast. Joker isn't the only one that needs love and giving him 3 costumes AND buffs would be unheard of without a ton of other changes to the other characters.

laudanum09

Darling
lol That'd be something if they gave him the buffs with the costumes but I don't think anyone is suggesting that. Just along with any other general game balances. I agree, Ares, Sinestro, Harley, Lex, Flash, Shazam, Bane and maybe a few minor tweaks for others are needed. I don't really like the idea of nerfs and I don't think anyone is particularly overpowered except for some traits, cough, DD, cough. Just fingers crossed for some sort of trait adjustment, 1,1 and f2,3 string not working on big characters and having his mids be true mids. I don't think any of that is really out of the question or unrealistic.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I just figured out why I hate playing as him so much

Hes fucking terrible at mobility

horrible back and forward dashes and jump