What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
I've gotten used to his animations.... and can react to his stuff fairly well. Both options you are having problems with get eaten up by an instant air demi-goddess.

The best punish on a blocked dive kick is d12~exTiarra b113 23 b3 j3 b113~lasso
Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense. I've been practicing that b113 23 b3 j3 b113~lasso combo, but I find it extremely difficult to land the b113 after the j3...do you have any tips or techniques because I usually whiff it 9/10 times.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ah ok, that makes a lot of sense. I've been practicing that b113 23 b3 j3 b113~lasso combo, but I find it extremely difficult to land the b113 after the j3...do you have any tips or techniques because I usually whiff it 9/10 times.
practice.
I usually do the j3 a little later than usual..... but it is one of those things where once you figure out the timing and visual cues..... you won't miss it. I still drop it online from time to time. But usually i can just tell by the height if it'll get dropped or not.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
practice.
I usually do the j3 a little later than usual..... but it is one of those things where once you figure out the timing and visual cues..... you won't miss it. I still drop it online from time to time. But usually i can just tell by the height if it'll get dropped or not.
Ah I will have to try delaying it then. I'm able to get it with a j1/2, which is what makes whiffing the j3 followup so frustrating

chores

bad at things
Ah I will have to try delaying it then. I'm able to get it with a j1/2, which is what makes whiffing the j3 followup so frustrating

try hitting the "3" of the j3 when you and the opponent are just about to collide, delay a split second, then go into b113

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Would any of you fine strapping young men be able to refer me to footage of a good WW against a good Bladam? Kinda unsure what to go for in the match outside of the common phrase: She shuts down most of his options. Not able to play myself at the moment.

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
try hitting the "3" of the j3 when you and the opponent are just about to collide, delay a split second, then go into b113
Thank you! I tried this and it was much easier to pull off. The visual cue is exactly what I needed in order to practice my timing.

chores

bad at things
Thank you! I tried this and it was much easier to pull off. The visual cue is exactly what I needed in order to practice my timing.
another just general tip is i always practice combos on catwoman. if you can do them on catwoman you can do them on everyone

chores

bad at things
also if you are doing this combo close to an edge the wallbounce will happen sooner and you will have to fall "nose to nose" with the opponent for a split second before hitting 3. hard to explain

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
I need an answer to green lantern.
first and foremost be patient!!! accept that you can't do anything about his full screen projectile spam except block and parry.

next step is to manage your spacing very very very well. I like to be JUST outside b1 range, that way I can whiff punsh b1 with 23 and blocked lanterns might with b23/b2 lasso grab. you MUST ANTI AIR HIM!!! very important to force him into a ground game where your mobility is superior. if they want to b1 whatever trait cancel minigun you can interrupt when he traits b113 full combo

one last thing, if they like full screen miniguns, blow it up with air mobility.

again, most important thing is patience!

McNasty

Moist.
Thank you goomba I never really thought about using 23 as a punish like that ive been leaving too much damage on the floor with b2 lasso grab. I need to work on punishing that trait cancel he does. I just found out about blowing up minigun and on a hard read rockets with IADG tonight in an extended set with GL. Overall need to parry more Oa's and make him pay in footsie range.

AK elitegoomba

23 is my go to whiff punisher for two BIG reasons:

1. obviously, 9f (2) startup is better than 12f (b1)
2. although 23 is -9 and b113 is -1 on block, 23 on WHIFF is a much smaller risk. when attempting to whiff punish characters like black adam, if you commit to a b113 for a whiff punish and they backdash it, you WILL eat a full combo, whereas 23 recovers a lot faster and whiff punishing it is much harder

whiffpunishception

chores

bad at things

2. although 23 is -9 and b113 is -1 on block, 23 on WHIFF is a much smaller risk. when attempting to whiff punish characters like black adam, if you commit to a b113 for a whiff punish and they backdash it, you WILL eat a full combo, whereas 23 recovers a lot faster and whiff punishing it is much harder

whiffpunishception
you keep posting about 23 and im trying to incorporate it but it just feels so unnatural lol. gotta work on it

dabuz

Noob
I need an answer to green lantern.
VS. GL if he's just throwing out projectiles full screen you can do some IADG (I think that's the air straight dash attack) for free damage. On the ground it's hard to approach for both players. One trick I like to do is just spam parry because it builds meter really fast even if nothing connects and it has short cool down making it safe.

whiffpunishception

Started incorporating this into my game and it's really useful. Vs. a lot of characters I also find it's great as a "Push buttons and you die" type of move because of it's 9f startup combined with great range.

Does anyone know how to beat green arrow? I was playing this guy today and all he did was run away. At least deathstroke players stand their ground when they shoot but this guy loved to run away.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions

whiffpunishception
Thats why you hitconfirm, if you're just throwing at B113 as a whiff punish without making sure its connected, thats your problem, if you throw out 2 3 and its blocked then you die. If B11 or B1 is blocked at least you get a mixup.

AK elitegoomba

Thats why you hitconfirm, if you're just throwing at B113 as a whiff punish without making sure its connected, thats your problem, if you throw out 2 3 and its blocked then you die. If B11 or B1 is blocked at least you get a mixup.

of course, but still 9f is a lot faster for 12f, and on whiff 23 is recovered almost instantly. 23 technically is -9 but the blockstun is so minimal and the pushback is good enough that its incredibly hard to punish without a fast reversal.

so the tradeoff is:
with 23 you're more likely to get the whiff punish you're looking for, but if they manage to block you are at disatvantage, if 23 whiffs you are safe
with b11 you've 3 less frames to get your whiff punish, but if they block you are +4, +3, or -1, depending on what you committed to. if b11 or b113 whiffs you run the risk of being whiff punished yourself

McNasty

Moist.
A
Does anyone know how to beat green arrow? I was playing this guy today and all he did was run away. At least deathstroke players stand their ground when they shoot but this guy loved to run away.
in the case of characters running away I recomend letting them corner themselves and bringing the pain with b2 lasso grab and always be prepared to d2 if they wanna jump out. With arrow specifically his j3 is really strong so the second he jumps you have to have the d2 coming out. His db2 should be respected and on a read you can airdash over his head and hit with her j3.

Also guys im having trouble with all the corps now. Wtf do you do vs sinestro? Pantience isnt my strongest attribute but goddamn his back dash, b13, and late mb straight rocks fuck me up.

A
in the case of characters running away I recomend letting them corner themselves and bringing the pain with b2 lasso grab and always be prepared to d2 if they wanna jump out. With arrow specifically his j3 is really strong so the second he jumps you have to have the d2 coming out. His db2 should be respected and on a read you can airdash over his head and hit with her j3.

Also guys im having trouble with all the corps now. Wtf do you do vs sinestro? Pantience isnt my strongest attribute but goddamn his back dash, b13, and late mb straight rocks fuck me up.
Yea Sinestro is annoying. I don't how to stop that thing that hits from above. When you say corps do you mean scorpion players?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Still not sure how to really go through the BA MU. Sure you can beat his options, but the matches I have are a little too close for comfort. I have a general idea of how to play it, but I feel that with WW's tools against him I should at least be doing better that I usually do with my main who is a 4-6 MU against him at best. I think footage of WW vs BA would provide a general idea of what to do. Keep in mind I'm not talking about bad Black Adams. Still I tend to do better with an aerially challenged character against him than with WW though I HAVE seen how she can beat out a lot of his crap. Maybe I'm being vague.. His frame traps, his d1 into lightning hands....can't really pinpoint what's the problem...

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Still not sure how to really go through the BA MU. Sure you can beat his options, but the matches I have are a little too close for comfort. I have a general idea of how to play it, but I feel that with WW's tools against him I should at least be doing better that I usually do with my main who is a 4-6 MU against him at best. I think footage of WW vs BA would provide a general idea of what to do. Keep in mind I'm not talking about bad Black Adams. Still I tend to do better with an aerially challenged character against him than with WW though I HAVE seen how she can beat out a lot of his crap. Maybe I'm being vague.. His frame traps, his d1 into lightning hands....can't really pinpoint what's the problem...
The problem is that he is plus or 0 on block on almost everything he does....... so you can't really punish him for touching you, while he also has the best backdash in the game....

You have to make good reads and force him to mis space his ground strings.