What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Can you tell us what strats your friends uses against you as WW. What is it in the match up that makes it hard in the beginning??
Ohh no, when i said in the beggining i meant whn i didin't know the match up, once getting used you will know how to stop her... Also i guess that in this match up nobody has the air control, it's a constant fight, love this MU <3

chores

bad at things
What is up with the the gadget characters picking Atlantis all the time. Is there an Advantage there Im overlooking?
re-usable water in the corners, can slide on the middle pipe. the globe and the slab are easy to avoid and theres only two of them.

more of a "lack of disadvantage" than an actual advantage

Akae47

Noob
Oh ok
re-usable water in the corners, can slide on the middle pipe. the globe and the slab are easy to avoid and theres only two of them.

more of a "lack of disadvantage" than an actual advantage
oh ok. Im aware of the interactables on all stages, however I played several KOTH and 1v1 matches today and I kept seeing people constantly pick that stage. I was like " Is there some Online Bulshit I dont know about?" << Pardon my French

Akae47

Noob
Can we go in depth in the NW match up. I need help approaching him when he is in Staff mode. Can you guys share with me your strategies and tactics dealing with NW? I'm clueless on how to approach him

feedyourcatbro

Meow Lin
I'm still having troubles approaching super keep away GLs. Parry and dash in is somewhat working against the lolfireball spam but there's a range where I can't seem to punish any ring grabs and I'm just getting fished. Any advice?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Can we go in depth in the NW match up. I need help approaching him when he is in Staff mode. Can you guys share with me your strategies and tactics dealing with NW? I'm clueless on how to approach him
I should post up some of me and Chances matches.

They are a tad laggy..... but we basicaly do what you should I think. I'm pretty green with Wonder Bitch. There is a ton I still don't do.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Hello, i just picked up Wonder Whore as my third <3 im really loving her, but i need a lot of work to do...
Does she have good anti airs?

I used to think WW owned HG.

But after using WW a lot and going through the matchups, I no longer believe that.

WW vs HG is a battle for air and space control. HGs horizontal air mace throw beats out any of WWs air moves if HG does them first. From there, they may dash on the ground and do df3 which has a bit of range. But a diagonal mace toss beats it. Her ground db2 tiara toss is quick though. That's the one you watch out for.

In mid range, I used to think her B2 beat everything. But a well-timed WE evades it clean and you can bust her with WE2. Same with HGs MC. But it's a timing/read thing. You can get nailed if you read it wrong/times it wrong.

Up close, it's a matter of her b1 (+2 on block i think), d2, d12, 33 and sweep vs your d1, d2, and sweep.

The thing that gives WW the advantage over HG isn't really her air space control because I believe that's even. It's that WW does more damage when she connects in mid screen than HG.

If she connects a b1, 33, or a d12, that's 46% damage off only one MB.
If HG connects a d1, WE2, or even a F12, the best we can get is like...... What? 32%?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I used to think WW owned HG.

But after using WW a lot and going through the matchups, I no longer believe that.

WW vs HG is a battle for air and space control. HGs horizontal air mace throw beats out any of WWs air moves if HG does them first. From there, they may dash on the ground and do df3 which has a bit of range. But a diagonal mace toss beats it. Her ground db2 tiara toss is quick though. That's the one you watch out for.

In mid range, I used to think her B2 beat everything. But a well-timed WE evades it clean and you can bust her with WE2. Same with HGs MC. But it's a timing/read thing. You can get nailed if you read it wrong/times it wrong.

Up close, it's a matter of her b1 (+2 on block i think), d2, d12, 33 and sweep vs your d1, d2, and sweep.

The thing that gives WW the advantage over HG isn't really her air space control because I believe that's even. It's that WW does more damage when she connects in mid screen than HG.

If she connects a b1, 33, or a d12, that's 46% damage off only one MB.
If HG connects a d1, WE2, or even a F12, the best we can get is like...... What? 32%?
I have a friend that is the best Wonder Wman you will find on PSN <3 I play him very often and we play Hawkgirl vs Wonder Woman
Solid 5-5 or 5.5-4.5 for Hawkgirl <3

Akae47

Noob
GENTLEMEN!!!!!! GENTLEMEN!!!!. The patch is out. I've been in the lab and I noticed a few things well very few lol.

Remember Bane's Charge is cannot be parried anymore but we can still mb b3 any charge except when Bane's venom lvl3 Charge.

• Her AA game is better due to the universal d2 buff. Batman isn't that oppressive anymore with his j2 shenanigans, but he can still pressure effectively. It isn't as braindead as it used to be.
  • Black Adam's Boot Stomp (Dive Kick) can be punished now!!! YYAAAYYYYY!!!! its not safe anymore. If BA's divekick doesn't hit you below the knee you can punish him.
  • Joker seems a bit more dangerous with his Parry its more deceiving
  • last but not least NW d1 is laughable now vs SS.
This is all the stuff I went through in training mode for about 1 hour. Please feel free to correct me if Im wrong, I will give more once I go through the whole cast that has been "touched" in this patch.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Black Adam's divekick is punishable even if it gets blocked at your feet. With meter, you get d12 xx EX tiara into the bnb. Without meter you still get a d12 for a bit of damage + advantage. d1 xx spin seems to work in some situations as well but the spin will whiff sometimes, too. I haven't fully tested it yet. Waist-level divekicks give you b113 into a full combo. 23 is the best punish I can find for divekicks above the knee/below the waist, though I could be overlooking something. Is there anything better than 23, walk forward, b1, b113 xx lasso?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
GENTLEMEN!!!!!! GENTLEMEN!!!!. The patch is out. I've been in the lab and I noticed a few things well very few lol.

Remember Bane's Charge is cannot be parried anymore but we can still mb b3 any charge except when Bane's venom lvl3 Charge.

• Her AA game is better due to the universal d2 buff. Batman isn't that oppressive anymore with his j2 shenanigans, but he can still pressure effectively. It isn't as braindead as it used to be.
  • Black Adam's Boot Stomp (Dive Kick) can be punished now!!! YYAAAYYYYY!!!! its safe anymore. If BA's divekick doesn't hit you below the knee you can punish him.
  • Joker seems a bit more dangerous with his Parry its more deceiving
  • last but not least NW d1 is laughable now vs SS.
This is all the stuff I went through in training mode for about 1 hour. Please feel free to correct me if Im wrong, I will give more once I go through the whole cast that has been "touched" in this patch.

NW still has more range

Tthat didn't really change much.

chores

bad at things
23 23 b3 j3 b113 lasso grab requires a slight step forward between the 23s
whenever i go 23 23 in any combo (i do either b113/33 23 23 lasso if they have like <15% health to end a round) i just hold down forward until the next 23 hits. you dont have to like tap forward or anything you can just hold it down

fong03

Noob
Question about the Zod match-up. (It seems like everyone was using him yesterday). What do you do when he summons his monster? Can you block it? I could escape it.

Thanks!

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
How does she fair against Black Adam?What exactly can he do that she should watch for? What's the best divekick punish?

Omgzilla

Built Amazon tough
I was having issues against a black adam that did nothing more than run away and lightning/divekick, and if nothing else it is extremely annoying. Then again I'm fairly new to WW, so I'd like some more information on this MU as well.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I've gotten used to his animations.... and can react to his stuff fairly well. Both options you are having problems with get eaten up by an instant air demi-goddess.

The best punish on a blocked dive kick is d12~exTiarra b113 23 b3 j3 b113~lasso