What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
I don't know if this is the right thread, but Good luck to McNasty at NWM in Seattle, tear some shit up!

Also got back from xanadu monthly. Got Top 5, Lost to GL and BA. Once again I keep neglecting to use bracelets, so once I again I do apologize for that.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I wish I could help with matchups.... but i'm just not at that point yet to give good info.

I think Foxy and the others can help more than I.... as I just kinda stalk these forums for the info.

Winterfell

Zatanna for DLC!
I wish I could help with matchups.... but i'm just not at that point yet to give good info.

I think Foxy and the others can help more than I.... as I just kinda stalk these forums for the info.

I think your tips are legit. Like there is no reason not to parry rockets, I'm just forgetful in the manner of it.

I'm gonna head up to the break on tuesday. So this time I will implement alot of what you guys are saying. Honestly, this place, esp. the Wonder Woman threads are the most helpful threads I ever been on in a long time. So I thank you guys for every info. I basically try to follow Foxy Grampa's strategy to the corp (with some variations of mine of course), but the basic principle is still there.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I can't remember the last time F0xy was totally wrong about anything.... even when I thought he was an arrogant ass.

Granted...... he was much meaner back in the day..... :)

I like this group. One of you come main Grundy now..... and help me with that :) LOL

Glass Sword

Nobody
Alright, I need help again. What do I do against Aquaman. I can't punish trident rush. If I bait a scoop and he scoops on wakeup he traits and I don't get anything. Unless I'm in the corner then I can punish with b2. Well I can get 16% from a b2 into lasso grab. I can poke at max lasso range, but any closer he dominates with b1. I can't jump at him... yeah.
Now there are some things I can fix I can stop being hit by From the Deep by dashing when I should not. Any general tips? It just seems like a bad match up unless Foxy is hiding some sort of tech.

Akae47

Noob
Hello Gentlemen I'm new to TYM. Fellow WW player of course I have questions on the Sinestro match up.

I try to stay on him as much as possible. Don't give him any breathing room to summon his trait. But my problem is breaking his zone when he has his trait up. Any tips on how to approach Sinestro when he pushes WW full screen with his trait up. I feel helpless when this happens

Amr_Raed

Noob
With Sinsestro sadly i think you just have to block dash your way in , i some times try instant air demigodess if i think they will use the falling rock move .

I find it strange that thus far no one has talked about the Superman match , I think it could be pretty even or maybe just very slightly in Supes's favour .

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
i get bodied by superman. the more I play the match the more skewed i think it is in his favor. a good superman can use him to apply pressure/zone you out without EVER taking ANY risks. supes f23 is the best string in the game, i have no doubt

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
D3 stops f23 pressure. after f23 breath if you sweep it shrinks your hitbox so you won't get hit and he will get swept. if they delay it, since your hit box is already low, you can block or D12 after the f2 whiffs. Eyebeams get parried and demigoddess.

AK elitegoomba

http://www.twitch.tv/elitegoomba
while d3 can occasionally catch a random f23, it has a lot of recovery and is easily whiff punishable. also if you mash d3 after f23 breath and he does a NJ, he will full combo punish as well. not to mention -6 on block. another thing about the MU is that by jumping at you superman puts you in a 50/50. by going for d2 at normal AA timing, you will lose to airdash 2 from supes; if you think he will go for the airdash and attempt to delay the d2 to autocorrect, supes will hit you in front first. (a note on this, d3 eliminates some of this jumping bs mixup when used as trip guard aa, to some extent)

Amr_Raed

Noob
Yeah that is the thing with Superman every single punish he get , he can scores major damage with while you can't punish almost any of his strings . If he just does F23 footsies then the match get significantly hard , I feel like your best bet is to try to score a hard knockdown and abuse his relatively weak wake-up options . I think what makes WW an about even match for Superman is the fact that she can get around his zoning better than most of the cast .

This is the first time I've ever had a character completely wrong in a game. In the demo I felt like WW was the worst of the 3. Then as I began to play her I felt like she was tied w/ batman. Now that the game is out...I just hold my tongue.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
This is the first time I've ever had a character completely wrong in a game. In the demo I felt like WW was the worst of the 3. Then as I began to play her I felt like she was tied w/ batman. Now that the game is out...I just hold my tongue.
Funny I thought the complete opposite when the demo came out. I thought she was the best of the three. She had stupid 50/50s and I said this is the character for me.

Anyone got any advice on the raven MU?
Just play the match patiently. dash crouch block from full screen because her command grab does low chip. When you get in mid range you can anti air all jump ins with d2 (kinda hard sometimes) and a preemptive b2. Command grab gets punished by b2 lasso for a knockdown so you can get in. Close range you have access to 33 and b2 for 50/50s. Watch out for wake up Command grab. It is negative on block so you can full punish her. When she uses her trait, get ready for her teleport with d2. beats it every time. I hope this helps and feel free to ask questions.

Just some minor tech for the Black Adam matchup--may be already known but, if not, I figure it's worth posting. Basically, WW can get free pressure on BA on wakeup even if she doesn't cancel his wakeup with iaDM. His only safe, invincible wakeup is Lightning Cage. However, at the right distance, both LS b2 and SS b2 can smack BA right out of that wakeup.

All you do is take a step forward/back to space just outside the cage's perimeter, then delay the b2 (timing is consistent and easy if you head into training mode) so that it will hit right after BA slaps the ground with his fists. The invincible frames end just before the explosion, but WW's range on both b2's is such that she can even poke him in the middle of the cage. Of course, since both of those can lead into a ~40% combo with one bar (bf2 mb), it's a scary option to have.

This is especially easy in the corner, since all you have to do after a knockdown is take a step back. However, it can also be done midscreen by ending a BnB in a sweep. I haven't tested it yet, but I suspect it may also be possible by dashing forward after a midscreen lasso.

Edit for clarity: I should point out that while you CAN read the wakeup cage and poke out as the explosion comes out, the magic of this is that you don't need to. You can literally watch it come out from just outside of its hitbox, visually confirm, and input b2 before BA can recover. In short, to completely negate BA's only safe wakeup option, just stand right at the outer edge of lasso stance's sweep range, watch Adam, and respond.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Im pretty sure WW wins the hawkgirl matchup, 6-4 or maybe 5.5-4.5.
She has hella good tools to keep Hawky out of the air; air charge (which is better than Hawkgirl's :( ), upwards tiara, lasso b2, rising uppercut thing, air tiara moves and an airdash as well. Bitch is always all up in my air territory..
she has way more range on the ground to bully hawkgirl and she does alot more damage if she gets an opening. I dont see how this is even at all.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Im pretty sure WW wins the hawkgirl matchup, 6-4 or maybe 5.5-4.5.
She has hella good tools to keep Hawky out of the air; air charge (which is better than Hawkgirl's :( ), upwards tiara, lasso b2, rising uppercut thing, air tiara moves and an airdash as well. Bitch is always all up in my air territory..
she has way more range on the ground to bully hawkgirl and she does alot more damage if she gets an opening. I dont see how this is even at all.
I play this match up very often with one of my friends who is easily a top Wonder Woman player... It's hard at the beggining.. But once getting used Hawkgirl definitely has the air control against her as well.. We must make her to feat our straight mace toss... And i will also recomend to don't stay in the air so much time

Akae47

Noob
I play this match up very often with one of my friends who is easily a top Wonder Woman player... It's hard at the beggining.. But once getting used Hawkgirl definitely has the air control against her as well.. We must make her to feat our straight mace toss... And i will also recomend to don't stay in the air so much time

Can you tell us what strats your friends uses against you as WW. What is it in the match up that makes it hard in the beginning??