What's new

Match-up Discussion Wonder Woman Match-Up Discussion

derOeler

Death comes to all!
Aquaman does NOT have to respect your + frames at all. He can just d1 after your 33 or b1 because if you don't go for the frame trap, he wins and gets a trident rush, but if you go for the frame trap, he will just trait out and you don't even get a combo, you get a 4% d12.
Ok, so first off we have to frame trap with d12 a lot more.
After that hits we are supposedly +20 on hit / but apparantely b2 is not guaranteed (lol @ framedata)
He will either d1 or d2 after a blocked d12 (which is just -1)
So wie got a guessing game right there.
We could NJ1 vs his d1 attempt, which he could counter with d2 of course, but we could bouncecancel after d12 or just block and punish his d2.

Also he cannot jump at us for free like i read a couple of times.
They fear our d2.

Flawed logic?
I know its not a great situation, but not THAT bad.

End triple post/wall of text :REO

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
What are your thoughts on Zatana? Just got back from CEO prologue where I got blown up by a pretty solid one. I couldn't even be salty because I was so unsure of how to work around the MU. First thing IMO is to find a way to stop and or punish the teleport madness if possible.

Last edited:

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
You had me at 'she can parry the 3 in b13 and get a full combo' <3 lol WW still feels weird to me. Im not used to her jump arc and IA dashes
I was the same way at first but once yoy get used to that and cancelling back n forth from ss she is super fun.

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
The characters i hate fighting #1 zod freakin ridiculous character. #2 mmh freakin ridiculous character. #3 AM freakin ridiculous character. BM SM BG RAVEN SINESTRO LEX and sometimes BANE. whether its me or the matchups bad idk i just hate to deal with these characters. I also hate when a character parries b2 from max range. What they grab the end of lasso and pull her in?

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
What are your thoughts on Zatana? Just got back from CEO prologue where I got blown up by a pretty solid one. I couldn't even be salty because I was so unsure of how to work around the MU. First thing IMO is to find a way to stop and or punish the teleport madness if possible.
Seriously who has zatanna matchup exp.explain this matchup.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Who knows anything about zatanna? That character is a mystery to me... I really should buy her just to take her to lab and actually work out what she does...

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Who knows anything about zatanna? That character is a mystery to me... I really should buy her just to take her to lab and actually work out what she does...
You have to just jump in there, she can't really deal with the wowo airdash arc except with a pre-emptive mb rings IMO. But when you're in and knock her down, you have to respect the teleport. You can try and guess to dash in and punish the back teleport with a b113 (which is good from time to time) but you also have to be wary that she can do the meterburn kicks on wakeup as well.

You can parry all rings, but just remember that puppet master is always an option for her but you can double dash if black a puppetmaster relatively safely. It's just getting in like every other match where the opponent is a zoner. You also have to know her vortex options but you can generally see and eyeball what she's gonna do and react block.

B2 is also the lord and savior of the match.

I also recommend doing the divepunch resets because I believe you're like +12 (I remember +8, but +12 is what another WoWo player told me) and that leads into unseeable 50/50 mixups.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
dont get impatient. like ever.

its another matchup where we cannot move 4 free.
learn the mu by playing and then pressure with knockdowns and corner shenanigans.

you can punish so many WUs in this game by just nj1 or any Jx into punish its not even funny (read required/risk taken - of course...:16Bit).
the risk and reward is also in your favour, mostly.

We are Amazons, we got all the meter..!
lets party.

B2 is also the lord and savior of the match.
LMAO :x

The Highlander

There can be only one
Thanks for the advice guys, the lack of a good anti air is good to know, as well as the double dash after puppet master. I've been parrying the rings but always forget that they tend to just puppet master after anyway so they catch my dash. For some reason I never thought of trying to punish teleport away like that and always try to jump air dash at them which is fine if I get it low enough but a b1 punish seems easier. I always thought divepunch was +6 or something?

dont get impatient. like ever.
Well that's just WoWo's game in general...

The Highlander

There can be only one
Any tips on how to deal with Lobo and Flash? I struggle to deal with the sheer range of Lobo and then with the Flash the threat of torpedo makes me hesitant to play footsies with him...

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Any tips on how to deal with Lobo and Flash? I struggle to deal with the sheer range of Lobo and then with the Flash the threat of torpedo makes me hesitant to play footsies with him...
Is torpedo not parryable? Pfft "threat" :joker:

I don't have much experience against Lobo myself but I can see how it could be a problem since he can zone you out a bit with chains and guns. Maybe air tiara?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I don't have that much lobo exp as WoWo but flash you can duck the MB LC and fcp. If it's just the regular LC you can fcp with b113 into whatever your heart desires.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I don't have that much lobo exp as WoWo but flash you can duck the MB LC and fcp. If it's just the regular LC you can fcp with b113 into whatever your heart desires.
It's probably my fault for the wording, I know how to punish it wasn't like I was letting him get away with free torpedoes and I know we can parry. This wasn't a random flash though, this guy was legit and knew the WW match-up extremely well, if I parried on prediction he would whiff punish with torpedo or b2 into 60% into corner BS. Overall it was just a feeling of being out footsied and out pressured. I honestly didn't know how many freaking frame traps that character had. I know we out-range on him with our b2 but that doesn't lead to anything, his b2 has more range than our b1 and fulfils the same roll. I was struggling to walk into range because of his walk speed and mb torpedo. Most of this is probably just that it was the first truly legit flash I've played (I think he was a rebelo) but damn the only games I took of the guy were because I cornered him and because towards the end I realised that we HAVE to use the otg set up midscreen, he has too many wake-ups to respect otherwise. I was just hoping for some other useful tricks in the match-up that I may not have though of, but I'll probably have to wait until one of the better Amazons does a set with a flash so I can see what I was doing wrong...

DarkPage

Noob
just some stuff i wanted to put in here if it wasnt known.

lasso parry for wake ups. i know that other thread is there but its kinda lost in the bushels of shit lol

it works for baiting. then punishing otherwise safe wake ups on block with 2,3.
Flash: lightning charge, Lightning kick(hard to use 2,3, d12 tiara mb is easier), and Sonic Pound.

Grundy: Cleaver

Superman: Breath, Both Heat visions, flying punch.

Bane: double punch, (d3 also works), and venom uppercut.

Joker: just crowbar (surprisingly flower cant be parried)

also just something else for the Batgirl MU you can stuff batwheel with d2 if timed right.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3

Buy her! But if you want to beat her consistently you need someone to hash out the MU with. It's definitely a favourable MU for WW but Zatanna has reset and vortex options galore. If you don't know what to look for or even her options then once she's in you're screwed.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
WW vs raven Matchup I need help in
Walk forward and if you block a soul crush, take your free dash. You can use iadg to get in too, but I wouldn't do it too much since you'll get caught by soul crush. When she goes into trait, just block. You can't dash in between pillar > soul crush so you'd just be taking an unnecessary risk. This will build her two free meters for pushblock which she'll need once you're in, since your normals are better than hers and she's free on wake-up. You can easily stuff all of her wake-ups except teleport when she's in trait. If Raven does lift at close range (b2~lift, d1~lift, etc) punish it with 11~spin. Also keep in mind that she can punish ducked lasso with soul crush so you probably want to stick with b23 unless you confirm a whiff.

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
How do you guys deal with Hawkgirl out of interest? I rarely play any good HGs so not sure the best way to deal with her except air tiara when in flight mode.

DarkPage

Noob
How do you guys deal with Hawkgirl out of interest? I rarely play any good HGs so not sure the best way to deal with her except air tiara when in flight mode.
in my experience and some advice given to me, use j3 a bunch, its super good at checking her, insta air, and hell even not insta air demigodess is useful for keep her out of the sky.
any combo that ends with lasso. dash forward twice, and b3 as early as possible, and it will stuff her wake ups. and even if she blocks it, well your plus anyway so you can pressure. neutral j3 is good. i know a delayed b2 can stuff her wake up mace charge, but ive always found it difficult.
and do whatver you can to corner her.

Walk forward and if you block a soul crush, take your free dash. You can use iadg to get in too, but I wouldn't do it too much since you'll get caught by soul crush. When she goes into trait, just block. You can't dash in between pillar > soul crush so you'd just be taking an unnecessary risk. This will build her two free meters for pushblock which she'll need once you're in, since your normals are better than hers and she's free on wake-up. You can easily stuff all of her wake-ups except teleport when she's in trait. If Raven does lift at close range (b2~lift, d1~lift, etc) punish it with 11~spin. Also keep in mind that she can punish ducked lasso with soul crush so you probably want to stick with b23 unless you confirm a whiff.
Thank you

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Only people I have problems with now after using Diana for a while are MMH, who can counter WoWo in every way, and Aquaman.

Even badkid MMHs with low 30ranks have a good shot at beating me if theyre halfway good with MMH. Good Aquamans should be able to outzone and outreach WoWo.

Those MUs are pretty tough, and I have no solution other than using switching characters and betraying all of Themyscira by using AM.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Only people I have problems with now after using Diana for a while are MMH, who can counter WoWo in every way, and Aquaman.

Even badkid MMHs with low 30ranks have a good shot at beating me if theyre halfway good with MMH. Good Aquamans should be able to outzone and outreach WoWo.

Those MUs are pretty tough, and I have no solution other than using switching characters and betraying all of Themyscira by using AM.
Ok MMH is a 5-5, I even beat Forever King's Martian with her... Aquaman I can see your problem though, it gets super near 3-7 territory.