What's new

WNF 2.14 Injustice Results, Super Arcade Renovation Coming

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I still think Nightwing does fine against Aquaman. Hell, he can do the EXACT same thing to aquaman and be + at it.

His staff footsie tools have just as good of range and he wins the zoning war.

Pocket Nightwings for everyone!
He spends to much bar against Aquaman to get anything done, and Aquaman has better footsies because of his mobility.

He controls the pace of the match better, and his damage output/chip is more. No pocket NW should be beating good Aquaman players.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
He spends to much bar against Aquaman to get anything done, and Aquaman has better footsies because of his mobility.

He controls the pace of the match better, and his damage output/chip is more. No pocket NW should be beating good Aquaman players.
Just saying that Nightwing fares out better than most in this matchup, and has tools to help mitigate/neutralize the chip damage.

One pound especially from midscreen creates an entire meta in itself. Nightwing is one of the few characters that can effectively stop from the deep, while still being able to use his projectile.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Just saying that Nightwing fares out better than most in this matchup, and has tools to help mitigate/neutralize the chip damage.

One pound especially from midscreen creates an entire meta in itself. Nightwing is one of the few characters that can effectively stop from the deep, while still being able to use his projectile.
Aquaman has to many options to beat the ground blast game, and all of his options are in his favor damage wise.

That meta game is cool if the Aquaman player doesn't understand it, but once they do it's really nothing special.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Aquaman has to many options to beat the ground blast game, and all of his options are in his favor damage wise.

That meta game is cool if the Aquaman player doesn't understand it, but once they do it's really nothing special.
He either dashes, or jumps back/forward, or blocks to reset the situation. Those are pretty much the meta options.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
He either dashes, or jumps back/forward, or blocks to reset the situation. Those are pretty much the meta options.
Backdashing the follow up pound too. He has too many choices, and he can make it hard for you to get that game started again.

In raw neutral pound is scary, you have to wait for him to from the deep first, and that lets him dictate how neutral is played.

iloveTSA

Noob
WNF Injustice has to be one of the most boring weeklies out there.
Pre-patch Supermang-era and now the Aquamang-era, dat SNOOZE FEST!

Not hating on y'all like that, you're exposing Injustice's flaws which is a good thing.
Too bad that this didn't happened when NRS still cared about the game.

I think that one of the main reasons why this was the case is due to Aquamang being such a boring character to play (and watch). That people, after playing him for a while, lost their interest to main him. And the lack of talented Aquamang mains led to an underdeveloped character when the game was new and buffs/nerfs was still a factor (e.g. WonderChef).

....And the ones that used Aquamang, in the beginning, where either smart/experienced enough not abusing his ridiculous tools or just too dense to use them properly when patching the game was still relevant and by doing so avoiding necessary adjustments.

This may sound weird but I actually liked Aquaman as a child, watching the re-runs of this show:
I mean he could swim and shit lolololol and he was also able to talk to sea life that's tight :-dDDDdDdd:-D:-DD.
So when I bought Injustice I was really stoked to play Aquaman, I mean they even managed to make him badass, but he was so boring I dropped him almost instantly lol.

So I started to play Grundy instead, IMO one of the best designed grapplers I've ever played, so much fun to play.

Last edited:

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
WNF Injustice has to be one of the most boring weeklies out there.
Pre-patch Supermang-era and now the Aquamang-era, dat SNOOZE FEST!

Not hating on y'all like that, you're exposing Injustice's flaws which is a good thing.
Too bad that this didn't happened when NRS still cared about the game.

I think that one of the main reasons why this was the case here is due to Aquamang being such a boring character to play (and watch). That people never had any real interest to main him and put the work and effort in order to develop the character, when the game was new when buffs/nerfs was still a factor (e.g. WonderChef).

And the ones that used Aquamang, in the beginning, where either smart/experienced enough not abusing his ridiculous tools or just to dense to use them properly when patching the game was still relevant.
WNF had lots of variety before, Krayzie playing Catwoman, Chef with Shazam/Lobo/Other interesting characters, Brad playing Hawkgirl, Tyrant Grundy, my NW. The problem with WNF is that we hit end game Injustice fast, and at first people were willing to fight terrible MUs.

Eventually, people got sick of it and either stopped playing the game, switched characters, or both. Having a scene willing to pick what's strongest to win instead of what they like creates the environment left in SoCal. It's hard to have fun, and losing is so frustrating.

It's not a bad thing that WNF plays top tiers, but it's hard to enjoy it after so long. Being the best with the best character is definitely what people should shoot for if they are playing competitively, and I think that's why SoCal does so well when they travel too.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Backdashing the follow up pound too. He has too many choices, and he can make it hard for you to get that game started again.

In raw neutral pound is scary, you have to wait for him to from the deep first, and that lets him dictate how neutral is played.
Why do I feel like we are just telling each other things we already know?

iloveTSA

Noob
WNF had lots of variety before, Krayzie playing Catwoman, Chef with Shazam/Lobo/Other interesting characters, Brad playing Hawkgirl, Tyrant Grundy, my NW. The problem with WNF is that we hit end game Injustice fast, and at first people were willing to fight terrible MUs.

Eventually, people got sick of it and either stopped playing the game, switched characters, or both. Having a scene willing to pick what's strongest to win instead of what they like creates the environment left in SoCal. It's hard to have fun, and losing is so frustrating.

It's not a bad thing that WNF plays top tiers, but it's hard to enjoy it after so long. Being the best with the best character is definitely what people should shoot for if they are playing competitively, and I think that's why SoCal does so well when they travel too.
What you say is true, but you most keep in mind that I'm a stream monster.
So usually I only get to see top 3, and the characters you mention rarely get that far (from what I've seen, I gave up watching this weekly pretty early I'm sorry, so what do I know). I love watching your NW when I get the chance btw~~~~.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Imagine being a Wonder Woman player who is top tier, but loses to Aquaman really bad and having to play 2 or 3 Aquamans a week when she either goes even or beats the rest of the cast give or take 1 or 2 more losing MUs. It sucks bc no other weekly has this bad of a problem, but I want theo to win majors and winning majors with loyalty of your region is the best no matter which character is used to get there.

But if I get there with Diana that's even more hype

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Imagine being a Wonder Woman player who is top tier, but loses to Aquaman really bad and having to play 2 or 3 Aquamans a week when she either goes even or beats the rest of the cast give or take 1 or 2 more losing MUs. It sucks bc no other weekly has this bad of a problem, but I want theo to win majors and winning majors with loyalty of your region is the best no matter which character is used to get there.

But if I get there with Diana that's even more hype
People used to say wowo vs aquaman was even. I guess that was a bill? What are her problems in that matchup?

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
People used to say wowo vs aquaman was even. I guess that was a bill? What are her problems in that matchup?
She can't open up trait ever. Her launcher are both mid (33 vs b2 mixup completely nullified). Wonder Woman has to eat the chip and trait recovers too fast to begin her vortex and Aquaman straight up outfootsies her forever.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Imagine being a Wonder Woman player . . . she either goes even or beats the rest of the cast give or take 1 or 2 more losing MUs.
Imagine maining a character with more than three bad matchups!

I know, I know, I need to stop ignoring Sanford's first commandment.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Aquaman is the opposite of hype. I'd rather watch a top 8 full of fucking Kabal mirrors. What do you guys think the odds are on EVO IGAU grand finals getting booed again this year? I'd say pretty high.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Telling you man, once a trait or move is exposed It will never go away, its like a fucking Crush Card Virus.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
How does the grundy/aqua matchup shake down? I play grundy of course but I have minimal aqua experience, my theory fighting makes me think it can't be too terrible for grundy but I've been wrong before