What's new

WNF 2.14 Injustice Results, Super Arcade Renovation Coming

How is he supposed to play footsies with him?
Deathstroke has better footsies in this matchups compared to a lot of characters, the guns and f3 are good so aquaman can't just sit there to d1 trident rush your dash in/FTD, especially because of f3. Aqumans normals are much better but your f3/mbf3 work great. Also does DS really have to play into AM's game? Deathstroke has good oki setups and lifelead should also play a large role in this matchup.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
Damn, good stuff to everyone. It must be depressing to have to play 3 aquamen in a row lol.. Also, why is Tyrant so gdlke? Its one thing to be good with grundy, its another thing entirely to be loyal to him and to tough out some of his bs matchups.. I give him so much props for that. Tyrant beats people through reads alone, its pretty damn crazy. AND, he does some stuff with grundy that is insanely hard. Background bounce into back 2 into MB swamphands? That shit is like specific to the frame and he does it everytime!! I would say Tyrant is by far the hypest player of this community.. The next closest would be Darth Arma and Chris Jeebus.

Ok I think I'm done lol.. Anyways, awesome to have this stream back! Good stuff to everyone!

PS. I dont see how Raven could possible beat aquaman, thats definitely a bill

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Shoutouts to socal community. Very nice and cool peeps. Sorry I had to bounce shortly after.

Sorry for Aquaman too.
You planning on going tonight/tomorrow to Super? Sad we didn't get to chat :(

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
For the record, from my experience fighting Theo a lot and using Aquaman myself a lot (I mean I did pretty well with him at SCR) the only chars that I feel stand a chance are Batgirl, Lobo, Martian, Raven, Superman, and supposedly Lex but I don't see it yet.

I think the only chars that I feel could potentially beat Aquaman are Raven and maybe MMH, everyone else to me is just maybe a 5-5, maybe not even that.

The real problem with Aquaman is that he doesn't give you any real opportunities to outplay him. If you have even a slight disadvantage there is no way to get passed that.

In MK9 you could still play footsies with Kabal, his best footsies tool was 13 frames, and mobility meant you could back up and make it whiff. I could go watch last year's Evo and see Kabal F33 being stuffed a million times in footsies, but honestly can ANYONE even show me a time where Aqua B12 was stuffed in footsies? I've honestly never even seen it.

In Injustice there is NO WAY to outfootsie Aquaman, I don't care how good you are, it's just impossible with the terrible movement and moves in this game. I mean think about the fact that some of the other "good" footsies moves like Batgirl B1, Bladam B2, Flash B2, etc are in the 15 frame area, while Aqua's is just as long, harder to whiff punish, and only 9 frames. For you MK9 heads, imagine if Johnny's F3 was as long as Sonya's D4 and got you a free 15% on block, plus AAd if you jumped it sometimes, and it didn't even have a hurtbox, just a hitbox. How would anyone in MK9 outfootsie that, even with the way superior movement? And for SF heads, imagine if Vega's cr.LP did 15% chip, and the only tool you had to play footsies with it was a Ryu cr.MP. You can not outfootsie Aquaman to beat him.

If Kabal jumped at you, you could AA him, 90% of the cast can't AA Aqua's J2 or J3, he can just jump around like an idiot all day, not like he even needs to jump with his impossible to beat ground game. You can't be patient and force Aqua to jump to win.

Good defense means literally nothing against Aquaman, block all you want, you basically take a full combo on block every time. It's impossible to outplay him in that area.

Trait doesn't even let you beat him on good reads. I could make the most godlike read of my entire life and do something totally crazy that hits, but it won't matter because Aqua can just trait out of it the majority of the time. You can't outplay Aquaman by just making good reads either.

On top of that he's just so fucking boring!

This explains everything!

The main thing that bugs me is that he's just too boring and simple. Kabal was actually interesting and required execution..

The next thing is I'm not allowed to play defense and Aquaman kan kancel into 17% chip off of the fastest normal in the game (6 frame D1).. Meaning that if you're ever minus it basically means you're punished.

Everything else he has just makes things worse.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Damn, good stuff to everyone. It must be depressing to have to play 3 aquamen in a row lol.. Also, why is Tyrant so gdlke? Its one thing to be good with grundy, its another thing entirely to be loyal to him and to tough out some of his bs matchups.. I give him so much props for that. Tyrant beats people through reads alone, its pretty damn crazy. AND, he does some stuff with grundy that is insanely hard. Background bounce into back 2 into MB swamphands? That shit is like specific to the frame and he does it everytime!! I would say Tyrant is by far the hypest player of this community.. The next closest would be Darth Arma and Chris Jeebus.

Ok I think I'm done lol.. Anyways, awesome to have this stream back! Good stuff to everyone!

Yeah.. Now you know why I just kouldn't keep using Arrow anymore....

Even Chris G starts using Batgirl more at WNF's when he shows up. It's easier for other scenes to use Arrow when their worse match ups are Superman and the like and where they don't even have a Nightwing. Here we even have 2-3 Nightwings which I've had to play.

For the record, from my experience fighting Theo a lot and using Aquaman myself a lot (I mean I did pretty well with him at SCR) the only chars that I feel stand a chance are Batgirl, Lobo, Martian, Raven, Superman, and supposedly Lex but I don't see it yet.

I think the only chars that I feel could potentially beat Aquaman are Raven and maybe MMH, everyone else to me is just maybe a 5-5, maybe not even that.

The real problem with Aquaman is that he doesn't give you any real opportunities to outplay him. If you have even a slight disadvantage there is no way to get passed that.

In MK9 you could still play footsies with Kabal, his best footsies tool was 13 frames, and mobility meant you could back up and make it whiff. I could go watch last year's Evo and see Kabal F33 being stuffed a million times in footsies, but honestly can ANYONE even show me a time where Aqua B12 was stuffed in footsies? I've honestly never even seen it.

In Injustice there is NO WAY to outfootsie Aquaman, I don't care how good you are, it's just impossible with the terrible movement and moves in this game. I mean think about the fact that some of the other "good" footsies moves like Batgirl B1, Bladam B2, Flash B2, etc are in the 15 frame area, while Aqua's is just as long, harder to whiff punish, and only 9 frames. For you MK9 heads, imagine if Johnny's F3 was as long as Sonya's D4 and got you a free 15% on block, plus AAd if you jumped it sometimes, and it didn't even have a hurtbox, just a hitbox. How would anyone in MK9 outfootsie that, even with the way superior movement? And for SF heads, imagine if Vega's cr.LP did 15% chip, and the only tool you had to play footsies with it was a Ryu cr.MP. You can not outfootsie Aquaman to beat him.

If Kabal jumped at you, you could AA him, 90% of the cast can't AA Aqua's J2 or J3, he can just jump around like an idiot all day, not like he even needs to jump with his impossible to beat ground game. You can't be patient and force Aqua to jump to win.

Good defense means literally nothing against Aquaman, block all you want, you basically take a full combo on block every time. It's impossible to outplay him in that area.

Trait doesn't even let you beat him on good reads. I could make the most godlike read of my entire life and do something totally crazy that hits, but it won't matter because Aqua can just trait out of it the majority of the time. You can't outplay Aquaman by just making good reads either.

On top of that he's just so fucking boring!
So you are basically saying that MK9 is a more exciting game than IGAU,is a better balanced game than IGAU, it's top tier is less boring to watch/play against than INjustice's, all the praises mk9 top players (who were shitting on mk9 when IGAU came out and who failed to accomplish anything in injustice) gave IGAU were nonsense and we all should have been playing MK9 for all this time?? Just asking

Kyu

CHOO CHOO BANE TRAIN

16 bit is hype as hell too. Him vs whiteboi at MLG? I almost shit myself.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
This raven aquaman thing interests me. Why do people think raven does well in that match? Coz she can punish FTD? What happens if aquaman dashes at her and plays footsies against ravens t Rex limbs? Shes looses the match up. Not eveverywhere on screen but she does loose it overall.
Anyways wnf needs a mmh. The metas incomplete.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I still think Nightwing does fine against Aquaman. Hell, he can do the EXACT same thing to aquaman and be + at it.

His staff footsie tools have just as good of range and he wins the zoning war.

Pocket Nightwings for everyone!