What's new

WNF 2.14 Injustice Results, Super Arcade Renovation Coming

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
In the last WNF before Evo, we got to experience an ocean of high level play. We were joined by out of towner EMP Riyo, who added his Aquaman to the Complete Meta.

Results:

1. EMPR FRQ Theo (Aquaman)
2. Hitbox Tyrant (Solomon Grundy)
3. MF Slayer (Aquaman, Superman)
4. FRQ Filipinoman (Wonder Woman)
5. Nubcakes (Aquaman, Batman)
5. FRQ Sonicboombrad (Aquaman, Doomsday)
7. EMP Riyo (Aquaman)
7. Satsuiyeshadou (Aquaman, Superman)
9. FRQ Cash (Scorpion)
9. I Hate Aquaman (Batman)
9. EGP Wonder_Chef (Raven, Catwoman, Random Select)

Bracket:
http://levelup.challonge.com/wnfae2014_2_14_inj

Replays at:
http://www.twitch.tv/egpwonderchef

I'll be uploading all of the matches to Youtube soon.

No WNF for a while though, Super Arcade will be going through renovations, but we will keep everyone updated.

EDIT: Match videos have been uploaded to youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZthOxIV8vpl-ucxeidzN9yGtHhTg24E5

Top 3:

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
Thanks for streaming. Seeing Tyrant play was hype, I think he's my favorite player to watch. I also enjoyed seeing Filipino get bodied. I sorta just mentally blocked out all the Aquaman matches.

Instead of fighting water with water why don't you find a counter to Aquaman? Is there even such a thing lol.

I've heard Black Adam can still give Aquaman some problems but aside from BA what are AM's worst matchups? Some of you fools need to start learning MMH or something..

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Instead of fighting water with water why don't you find a counter to Aquaman? Is there even such a thing lol.

I've heard Black Adam can still give Aquaman some problems but aside from BA what are AM's worst matchups? Some of you fools need to start learning MMH or something..
grundy goes even i think with aqua water shield gets nullified by trait , health/chip trait laughs at trident rush , grundy can absolutely abuse aquaman on wake up

4x4lo8o

Noob

They definitely have MMH players. It's just that MMH isn't at hard counter to Aquaman. At best it's a 6-4 in Martian's favor if the MMH player has perfect execution and can punish FTD every time. More realistically it's probably a 5-5 and even then MMH is a character that takes a lot of work.

There are some other characters that do pretty alright against Aquaman(Lobo, Lex, Nightwing, Shazaam, and Hawkgirl all probably fall in the 6-4, 5-5, soft 4-6 range) but none of them are characters you can just pick up and beat Aquaman with. You have to put a lot of work into the character and match up and then it's still gonna be a lame, frustrating fight and on top of that those characters all tend to be have other pretty serious flaws so you end up either learning an oddball character mostly as a counter pick to Aquaman or suffering through a bunch of other bad match ups. And then even if you do beat the Aquaman player he can hard counter pick you(probably with way less effort than you used countering him). For example, Chef can potentially beat Theo with Shazaam but Theo won't even give him that chance - he'll pull out Superman.

There's a few higher tier characters that are supposed to go even with Aquaman and aren't as easy to hard counterpick(Bane, Batgirl, Black Adam) but so far people don't seem to be having too much success using those character against Aquaman in tournament.

Basically Aquaman's a really good character and there's not a whole lot anyone can do about it.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™

BA gets absolutely rocked by Aquaman post patch. It used to be good, but not anymore at allllll.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I watched a few matches last night for some laughs and then cried myself to sleep.

Geesus and Arrow are our only hope at EVO...:DOGE

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

He more than likely does not have a bad MU. The character that can really compete with him are:

MMH
Black Adam
Superman(maybe)
Doomsday(maybe)
Flash
Shazam(maybe)
Green Lantern
Batgirl

E

Eldriken

He more than likely does not have a bad MU. The character that can really compete with him are:

MMH
Black Adam
Superman(maybe)
Doomsday(maybe)
Flash
Shazam(maybe)
Green Lantern
Apparently Aquaman's trait makes the Aquaman vs Doomsday MU 10-0. :DOGE