What's new

WNF 2.14 Injustice Results, Super Arcade Renovation Coming

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
He more than likely does not have a bad MU. The character that can really compete with him are:

MMH
Black Adam
Superman(maybe)
Doomsday(maybe)
Flash
Shazam(maybe)
Green Lantern
Batgirl
Also Hawkgirl, Frost, Bane, Deathstroke imo.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
BA gets absolutely rocked by Aquaman post patch. It used to be good, but not anymore at allllll.
I'm glad I'm not the only that feel this way now. It might be even, but I think aquaman is like a better version of Adam. FTD is like a better black magic, b12 is like a better b23, AM checks adam for throwing low lighting anywhere on the screen (safely! with trait) , and Adam cannot check AM for blocking FTD (safely). I don't know, maybe I play this MU wrong, but since I haven't practiced in awhile I guess its all theory fighting on my part at this point.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
For the record, from my experience fighting Theo a lot and using Aquaman myself a lot (I mean I did pretty well with him at SCR) the only chars that I feel stand a chance are Batgirl, Lobo, Martian, Raven, Superman, and supposedly Lex but I don't see it yet.

I think the only chars that I feel could potentially beat Aquaman are Raven and maybe MMH, everyone else to me is just maybe a 5-5, maybe not even that.

The real problem with Aquaman is that he doesn't give you any real opportunities to outplay him. If you have even a slight disadvantage there is no way to get passed that.

In MK9 you could still play footsies with Kabal, his best footsies tool was 13 frames, and mobility meant you could back up and make it whiff. I could go watch last year's Evo and see Kabal F33 being stuffed a million times in footsies, but honestly can ANYONE even show me a time where Aqua B12 was stuffed in footsies? I've honestly never even seen it.

In Injustice there is NO WAY to outfootsie Aquaman, I don't care how good you are, it's just impossible with the terrible movement and moves in this game. I mean think about the fact that some of the other "good" footsies moves like Batgirl B1, Bladam B2, Flash B2, etc are in the 15 frame area, while Aqua's is just as long, harder to whiff punish, and only 9 frames. For you MK9 heads, imagine if Johnny's F3 was as long as Sonya's D4 and got you a free 15% on block, plus AAd if you jumped it sometimes, and it didn't even have a hurtbox, just a hitbox. How would anyone in MK9 outfootsie that, even with the way superior movement? And for SF heads, imagine if Vega's cr.LP did 15% chip, and the only tool you had to play footsies with it was a Ryu cr.MP. You can not outfootsie Aquaman to beat him.

If Kabal jumped at you, you could AA him, 90% of the cast can't AA Aqua's J2 or J3, he can just jump around like an idiot all day, not like he even needs to jump with his impossible to beat ground game. You can't be patient and force Aqua to jump to win.

Good defense means literally nothing against Aquaman, block all you want, you basically take a full combo on block every time. It's impossible to outplay him in that area.

Trait doesn't even let you beat him on good reads. I could make the most godlike read of my entire life and do something totally crazy that hits, but it won't matter because Aqua can just trait out of it the majority of the time. You can't outplay Aquaman by just making good reads either.

On top of that he's just so fucking boring!

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I think the only chars that I feel could potentially beat Aquaman are Raven and maybe MMH, everyone else to me is just maybe a 5-5, maybe not even that.
Raven vs. Aquaman is a bill sold by Theo. Cowboy's Aquaman bodies Ducky.

Martian Manhunter does very well as he should. He is the best character in the game.

Aquaman loses to Lex Luthor, according to every Aquaman player. These other characters (i.e., Killer Frost, Lobo, and Shazam) are most likely just bills.

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
The ONLY character i think can beat AQ is Killer Frost. I might be wrong, But I think if you land a slide and do that surefire 70% freeze stun thing you may even the MU.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
The ONLY character i think can beat AQ is Killer Frost. I might be wrong, But I think if you land a slide and do that surefire 70% freeze stun thing you may even the MU.
No, slide is way too easy for Aqua to blow up. B12 honestly beats it the majority of the time since it doesn't have a hurtbox on the trident part. Jumping back is a super easy way to do it too, not too much she can do about that.

Past that she has no way of playing footsies with him. Also he destroys the post slide guessing game. Every blocked slide = free 15% chip.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
WNF is all Aquaman men? i love that matchup i should go next week and body you all :DOGE
PS Aquama has lsing matchups lol

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Is anyone else just SUPER fucking hype already for MKX to be released not only for how awesome that will be in its own right but to see Tyrant go ham with whoever the hell he ends up playing?

I hate to sound like such a fanboy but fuck it, I am. If he SOMEHOW wins Evo with Grundy, I will cry real grown-man tears.

For the record, from my experience fighting Theo a lot and using Aquaman myself a lot (I mean I did pretty well with him at SCR) the only chars that I feel stand a chance are Batgirl, Lobo, Martian, Raven, Superman, and supposedly Lex but I don't see it yet.

The real problem with Aquaman is that he doesn't give you any real opportunities to outplay him. If you have even a slight disadvantage there is no way to get passed that.

In MK9 you could still play footsies with Kabal, his best footsies tool was 13 frames, and mobility meant you could back up and make it whiff. I could go watch last year's Evo and see Kabal F33 being stuffed a million times in footsies, but honestly can ANYONE even show me a time where Aqua B12 was stuffed in footsies? I've honestly never even seen it.

In Injustice there is NO WAY to outfootsie Aquaman, I don't care how good you are, it's just impossible with the terrible movement and moves in this game. I mean think about the fact that some of the other "good" footsies moves like Batgirl B1, Bladam B2, Flash B2, etc are in the 15 frame area, while Aqua's is just as long, harder to whiff punish, and only 9 frames. For you MK9 heads, imagine if Johnny's F3 was as long as Sonya's D4 and got you a free 15% on block, plus AAd if you jumped it sometimes, and it didn't even have a hurtbox, just a hitbox. How would anyone in MK9 outfootsie that, even with the way superior movement? And for SF heads, imagine if Vega's cr.LP did 15% chip, and the only tool you had to play footsies with it was a Ryu cr.MP. You can not outfootsie Aquaman to beat him.

If Kabal jumped at you, you could AA him, 90% of the cast can't AA Aqua's J2 or J3, he can just jump around like an idiot all day, not like he even needs to jump with his impossible to beat ground game. You can't be patient and force Aqua to jump to win.

Good defense means literally nothing against Aquaman, block all you want, you basically take a full combo on block every time. It's impossible to outplay him in that area.

Trait doesn't even let you beat him on good reads. I could make the most godlike read of my entire life and do something totally crazy that hits, but it won't matter because Aqua can just trait out of it the majority of the time. You can't outplay Aquaman by just making good reads either.

On top of that he's just so fucking boring!
what deathstrokes problem against aquaman? Apart from not being able to shoot guns inside the mid range.