What's new

Why it took NRS so long

Actually, it's better now. And quantity means shit, it just proves how much greedier Capcom is to NRS where they wait a year for a complete edition. Your first statement is your opinion anyway, I'm pretty sure MK X sold more then both MK 9 and SF 4 mind you, so I disagree with your quality part especially.

MK also has a loyal fanbase for decades, where you have you been?

MK is also original. Do you know how many biteoffs of MK there have been over the years?

No, has nothing to do with Batman. NRS just had the proper tools, money to make solid games. WB owns MK and DC, that is the only remote connection to "Batman" they have on top of the MK vs. DC crossover, but if you're going to say that then I guess MVC2 was only good because of "Marvel" characters....by that logic.

Capcom fanboys willing to put up with their BS yet complain over NRS are stupid and hypocritical flat out.

It's not a joke, it's good and how would you know exactly? Have you played the new netcode? No, so you're speculating, what's a joke is Capcom's greed and why they're for sale...

I don't just judge a game nor company based on "netcode" alone anyway, since their overall products are great quality and unlike Capcom don't rip off their consumers. And don't even me started on outside successful media between MK and SF, because we both know MK stomps the fuck out of SF in that medium be it movies, shows or comics.
im not talking about MK fanbase im talking about MK9- present aka NRS.
you really wanna bring up a shitshow of MKvsDC, MK: Armageddon, MK4 ect?

Quantity means shit ok lets compare

MK9
IGAU
MKX
(and shitty mobile games)

VS

RE
SF
MVC
Ace Attorney
DMC
Okami
Dead Rising
Asura's Wrath
Mega Man

You're right quantity doesn't mean shit, my bad.
lol bringing up SF movies vs MK movies. you must be really desperate.
Did you completely forget about IGAU after I brought up Batman? Quit smokin' dope MKF30.

SF doesn't compare to MK at all unless you're looking at it from the perspective of a casual.
And you aren't even a filthy casual because you don't care about netcode.

E

Eldriken

MK9
IGAU
MKX

VS

RE
SF
MVC
Ace Attorney
DMC
Okami
Dead Rising
Asura's Wrath
Mega Man

Did you completely forget about IGAU after I brought up Batman? Quit smokin' dope MKF30.

SF doesn't compare to MK at all unless you're looking at it from the perspective of a casual.
Where the fuck is Okami 2 at, Capcom?! >=O

I guess you forgot to mention that, that's optional to PAY for easy fatalities? Seriously, name 5 people you know who actually paid for easy fatalities? lol Exactly. I rest my case and yes NRS and Capcom are very different. NRS doesn't force you to upgrade to a new game every few months like Capcom.
I guess you forgot buying everything is optional? No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay for these video games.

If you want to stay competitive you have to buy new DLC. Pay 2 win.

But there is no comparison in your mind between buying a new game and buying new DLC
since one comes in a disk and the other is downloaded off the internet.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Damn that's fucking despicable. Absolutely no business ethics there. Thanks for the knowledge

1. Pre-order bonus gated content is still terrible

2. I don't think Capcom is perfect. I do think they might be better than NRS, however thats entirely subjective, and irrelevant, because even if it isn't the case, justifying bad practices by pointing at someone even worse, isn't justification at all.

3. "I'm not talking about MK X vs. SFV here" yeah, you are having to deliberately find ways to exclude it from the conversation although it is the most relelvant, because otherwise it would destroy your argument. MK9/Injustice value vs SFIV is not at all relevant to the discussion of MKX getting an improved NetCode at a date competing with the release of SFV, so stop talking about irrelevancies.

4. If we MUST talk about these past games value even you are still wrong, as you can still, to this day, buy Arcade and play that online with other Arcade players of which there are still many, so bam you pay for 1 game you got playable online. MK9 and Injustice did not have a netcode in a playable state. Even paying for the upgrade ($15, not the price of the game twice or anything) still leaves you way better bang for your buck than either MK9 or Injustice, as these games have fucking atrocious abysmal online, aka the most important content of a fighter. You personally may not care as much about a working online as other components of the game, and thats fine are entitled to your personal preferences, but the whole point here is that is completely and absolutely subjective, and not a fact at all, as you labelled it.
How is pre order bonus FREE content terrible? It's not. For those to not take advantage of that is terrible and lazy.

Ok, well I agree but I don't think Capcom is better then NRS. Especially when they're for sale and have been for a while...though to be fair that's opinion regarding which is better, let's just agree that neither are perfect. The rest is all opinion with justification etc I was just breaking down their history that's all.

Because I don't care? I'm talking about NRS and Capcom regarding BARGAINS and netcode...I don't care about MK X vs. SFV, those who like MK X will stay loyal to MK and those who want to jump on SFV will play SF. I will stick with MK, SFV looks fun but IMO not that different from SF4 and honestly the fact that Xbox and Nintendo are getting the short end of the stick this time, Capcom can go suck a duck. My PC isn't strong enough for games nor do I want to play PC games and I don't have a PS4 and certainly not buying one just for SF. My points weren't irrelevant, they were merely pointing out that Capcom isnt' any better than NRS regarding other things, in other words their netcode may be better then NRS games but there are other things NRS does better than Capcom so...

No, you're wrong. Even back then Capcom had Various renditions and revisions, WAY more than MK. MK had them but not to the degree of SF games, do you forget SF, The World Warrior, SF II Turble, SSFII Turbo, SSFII Hyper , SSFII The new challengers etc, etc

MK9's was bad at first but got a little better over time, at least on Xbox I can't speak for PS which when I compared MK games, Xbox was the better of the two at least for me. I disagree, why should I pay 15 bucks for an update that they could have done for free like NRS games? It's greed, nothing but and as I said earlier if you bought SF4 and wanted to play SSF4, AE or SSF4 UE you HAD to buy one of those games. Period, you could not play online with the original version like you could in NRS's games case...deny it all you want but it's still a flawed element on Capcom's part.

I guess you forgot buying everything is optional? No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to pay for these video games.

If you want to stay competitive you have to buy new DLC. Pay 2 win.

But there is no comparison in your mind between buying a new game and buying new DLC
since one comes in a disk and the other is downloaded off the internet.

MK9
IGAU
MKX

VS

RE
SF
MVC
Ace Attorney
DMC
Okami
Dead Rising
Asura's Wrath
Mega Man

That's bullshit, so you think DLC=staying competitive? What? Says who? We don't even know the tier list of KP2 yet lol. Pretty sure last checked top of the tier list were KL, Raiden and not just Predator so sorry but that's not true at all.

It's not "my mind" it's factual comparison, you can't deny the fact that NRS offers DLC that's optional and doesn't force you to upgrade to entirely new version of the game like Capcom has in the past....why do you think they're just NOW changing their ways finally?

As for your first point, umm who mentioned MK D and MKA etc? That was Midway, not NRS...big difference guy. MK vs DC actually wasn't a HORRIBLE game, the online just sucked and was meant to be patched and have DLC but didn't...so wait, you're mentioning bad past games? Ok hmm Alpha series? SF the movie game? SF EX? Yeah I can play that card too dude...we all know both have had their share of flops but at least MK vs DC actually sold decent.

You're joking right? Ok between Midway classics, MK and WB since they bought NRS has Batman, Lego games, MK, Injustice, Condemned, Daylight, LOTR Conquest, Shadows of Mordor are far better then Okami, Asura's Wrath, Dead Rising and RE. RE sucks now, why do you think they're rebooting? Asura's Wrath while a good game, pissed people off with their "real ending" bullshit, DR 3 sucked, and I don't know anyone who plays Okami...

Also, why is Capcom for sale if they're so great? hmmm.

When was the last time MVC was relevant again? You listed games nobody cares about but forgot Monster Hunter? lol

NRS>>>>>>>>>>>Capcom or better yet WB>>>>Capcom. Also having SF5 limited to one console and PC, yeah such a great idea...

Batman Arkham has literally received not only better sales then anyone of those Capcom games but actual perfect 10/10 scores from various gaming reviewers, nuff said.

Mega Man is old and can't compete with the likes of Mario, I mean hell Nintendo practically made MM who he is.

Yeah, Capcom is so great to their fanbase...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Gets-Busted-Disc-DLC-Discovered-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-40114.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Want-Real-Ending-Asura-Wrath-Cough-Up-6-99-40917.html

You can keep them.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
How is pre order bonus FREE content terrible? It's not. For those to not take advantage of that is terrible and lazy.

Ok, well I agree but I don't think Capcom is better then NRS. Especially when they're for sale and have been for a while...though to be fair that's opinion regarding which is better, let's just agree that neither are perfect. The rest is all opinion with justification etc I was just breaking down their history that's all.

Because I don't care? I'm talking about NRS and Capcom regarding BARGAINS and netcode...I don't care about MK X vs. SFV, those who like MK X will stay loyal to MK and those who want to jump on SFV will play SF. I will stick with MK, SFV looks fun but IMO not that different from SF4 and honestly the fact that Xbox and Nintendo are getting the short end of the stick this time, Capcom can go suck a duck. My PC isn't strong enough for games nor do I want to play PC games and I don't have a PS4 and certainly not buying one just for SF. My points weren't irrelevant, they were merely pointing out that Capcom isnt' any better than NRS regarding other things, in other words their netcode may be better then NRS games but there are other things NRS does better than Capcom so...

No, you're wrong. Even back then Capcom had Various renditions and revisions, WAY more than MK. MK had them but not to the degree of SF games, do you forget SF, The World Warrior, SF II Turble, SSFII Turbo, SSFII Hyper , SSFII The new challengers etc, etc

MK9's was bad at first but got a little better over time, at least on Xbox I can't speak for PS which when I compared MK games, Xbox was the better of the two at least for me. I disagree, why should I pay 15 bucks for an update that they could have done for free like NRS games? It's greed, nothing but and as I said earlier if you bought SF4 and wanted to play SSF4, AE or SSF4 UE you HAD to buy one of those games. Period, you could not play online with the original version like you could in NRS's games case...deny it all you want but it's still a flawed element on Capcom's part.

That's bullshit, so you think DLC=staying competitive? What? Says who? We don't even know the tier list of KP2 yet lol. Pretty sure last checked top of the tier list were KL, Raiden and not just Predator so sorry but that's not true at all.

It's not "my mind" it's factual comparison, you can't deny the fact that NRS offers DLC that's optional and doesn't force you to upgrade to entirely new version of the game like Capcom has in the past....why do you think they're just NOW changing their ways finally?

As for your first point, umm who mentioned MK D and MKA etc? That was Midway, not NRS...big difference guy. MK vs DC actually wasn't a HORRIBLE game, the online just sucked and was meant to be patched and have DLC but didn't...so wait, you're mentioning bad past games? Ok hmm Alpha series? SF the movie game? SF EX? Yeah I can play that card too dude...we all know both have had their share of flops but at least MK vs DC actually sold decent.

You're joking right? Ok between Midway classics, MK and WB since they bought NRS has Batman, Lego games, MK, Injustice, Condemned, Daylight, LOTR Conquest, Shadows of Mordor are far better then Okami, Asura's Wrath, Dead Rising and RE. RE sucks now, why do you think they're rebooting? Asura's Wrath while a good game, pissed people off with their "real ending" bullshit, DR 3 sucked, and I don't know anyone who plays Okami...

Also, why is Capcom for sale if they're so great? hmmm.

When was the last time MVC was relevant again? You listed games nobody cares about but forgot Monster Hunter? lol

NRS>>>>>>>>>>>Capcom or better yet WB>>>>Capcom. Also having SF5 limited to one console and PC, yeah such a great idea...

Batman Arkham has literally received not only better sales then anyone of those Capcom games but actual perfect 10/10 scores from various gaming reviewers, nuff said.

Mega Man is old and can't compete with the likes of Mario, I mean hell Nintendo practically made MM who he is.

Yeah, Capcom is so great to their fanbase...

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Gets-Busted-Disc-DLC-Discovered-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-40114.html

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Want-Real-Ending-Asura-Wrath-Cough-Up-6-99-40917.html

You can keep them.
There's a lot to disagree with in your post, most of it opinion based but just wanted to point out they didn't "decide" to do SF5 on one console and PC. They entered an agreement with Sony to do so in order to get the money to make the game in the first place.

MKF30

There's a lot to disagree with in your post, most of it opinion based but just wanted to point out they didn't "decide" to do SF5 on one console and PC. They entered an agreement with Sony to do so in order to get the money to make the game in the first place.
Semantics man, at the end of the day regardless of reason or rights the Xbox and Nintendo people can't play SF5 being my point. I was curious about it til they said "sorry no Xbox" The rest, it's your right to disagree of course.

I know a lot of people are riding the Capcom/SF5 train now, with it's release soon but between no Xbox version and how they've treated people in the past I'm just turned off by them, what can I say? Have a good one. That and honestly being a big Sektor fan, with Triborg coming combination of everything I'll stick with MK X.

- GGPO was given its first stable release in 2011.
- High profile games were released using their as soon as 2 days following its original release.
To my knowledge MKX is built on the same platform that started with MK9 (maybe earlier). So we're looking at least 2008, well before GGPO's 2011 debut.

That's not to say they didn't know about rollback code, or couldn't add it since (as they're doing now), but for whatever reason (time constraints, lack of knowledge, financial) they felt the need to keep things as they were with their current platform.

There's not many games that have completely rewritten a subsystem almost 12months after release. Even if it's only for WB to get more $$$, the fact that NRS is doing this is good for the game and the community, and there's no way anyone can deny that.

Whether it's the threat of SFV or NRS just being good guys, or just the desire to keep the game being played - who knows. But at least we finally get rollback netplay and can stop pulling our hair out when playing online (hopefully).

Last edited:

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
Semantics man, at the end of the day regardless of reason or rights the Xbox and Nintendo people can't play SF5 being my point. I was curious about it til they said "sorry no Xbox" The rest, it's your right to disagree of course.

I know a lot of people are riding the Capcom/SF5 train now, with it's release soon but between no Xbox version and how they've treated people in the past I'm just turned off by them, what can I say? Have a good one. That and honestly being a big Sektor fan, with Triborg coming combination of everything I'll stick with MK X.
..It's not semantics if they can't afford to produce the title without a financier in the first place.

MKF30

..It's not semantics if they can't afford to produce the title without a financier in the first place.
It's semantics in regard to a lot of people don't really care for the reason because Xbox and Nintendo people still get the shaft.

E

Eldriken

To my knowledge MKX is built on the same platform that started with MK9 (maybe earlier). So we're looking at least 2008, well before GGPO's 2011 debut.

That's not to say they didn't know about rollback code, or couldn't add it since (as they're doing now), but for whatever reason (time constraints, lack of knowledge, financial) they felt the need to keep things as they were with their current platform.

There's not many games that have completely rewritten a subsystem almost 12months after release. Even if it's only for WB to get more $$$, the fact that NRS is doing this is good for the game and the community, and there's no way anyone can deny that.

Whether it's the threat of SFV or NRS just being good guys, or just the desire to keep the game being played - who knows. But at least we finally get rollback netplay and can stop pulling our hair out when playing online (hopefully).
Injustice and MKX are all using further modified versions of an already modified version of Unreal Engine 3 that was used for MK9. So, I personally feel that has a lot to do with why it's taken NRS this long to change the netcode. It being SIMILAR to GGPO is probably another reason why it's taking so long. God only knows what kind of work is being put in for this change.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
It's semantics in regard to a lot of people don't really care for the reason because Xbox and Nintendo people still get the shaft.
Last time I address this but you originally criticized Capcom for their "choice" of putting it only on one console and PC. They didn't have a choice of what platforms to put it on, they had a choice of make SF5 with Sony money, or don't make SF5 at all. Microsoft could have offered Capcom a deal before the Sony agreement but they didn't because they're supporting Killer Instinct. As for Nintendo nothing but Smash really goes their way anyway when it comes to fighting games. It's not semantics, it's reality at that point.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Other SF fans I know who love the franchise have told me if you don't wait they've spent 200 bucks between DLC, upgrades and latest editions of the game.The fact remains Capcom has charged people more unnecessary money for content that could have been free or merely DLC, This is not even debatable it's a fact.As far as other "versions" they made a complete version with EVERYTHING on it a year after release, and that's that. They don't force you to pay for on disc content or 40 bucks per game because prior games won't allow it
Ok I'm going to go through this one more time. SF4 = $60. SSF4 = $40. SSF4AE = $15. USF4 = $15. That's $130 over ~6 years. So if your friends bought $70 worth of DLC that's on them. Also that's still over ~6 years. 200/6 = 33/a year. That's a pretty good price for something they probably played WAY more than other games.

NRS on the other hand. MKx = $60. 4 characters = $20. 4 more characters = $20. That's $100 in ALMOST 1 YEAR since we're still waiting on KP2 to release. If they release more characters then that's more money. (LoL I thought it was 2 years since MKx released. Nope NRS already got players banking $100 and it hasn't even been a year yet.)

Just for fun let's compare SFxT and UMvC3 with MK9 and I:GAU.
MvC3 and UMvC3 = $60 + $40 = $100 (The one time I felt ripped off.) SFxT = $60 + $20 = $80.
MK9 = $60 + $15 = $75 (I read there was a season pass for 3+1 characters). I:GAU = $60 + $15 + $5 + $5 = $85

So Capcom = $130 + $100 + $80 = $310
NRS = $100 + $75 + $85 = $260

If you were only a Capcom player you paid $50 more for their game's and characters but over a longer period of time. So if 50 more dollars isn't good enough for you to be playing from 2009 instead of 2011 then that's on you and not Capcom. Other players have found enough value and have been paying since SF4. Also, take into account Capcom only players have had SF4 last 6 years, UMvC3 last 4 years maybe even 5. SFxT lasted maybe 2 years. But that one is on the community (and I guess Capcom). It died too young :(.

The only thing NRS since their games that has been an issue is the net play, that's it.
Bruh. MK9 had a slew of glitches, balance problems and other shit. The game didn't even handle trades properly. I don't know much more about it but I'm sure some of the older NRS players can you tell you netplay was not the only issue.

More facts: not opinions- NRS give you more bang for your buck and have been very successful since MK 9-now then their competition and don't charge you to upgrade/update. It's just free.
Subjective. But what is fact is that MK9 was supported for a year. Then had one more year of just competitive play before Injustice took over, which followed a similar timeline.

Indeed, they did then there's a deep story, depth, finishers, stage interactions, unlockable brutalities, faction kills, DLC, updates, patches, quick fixes etc, etc and the synced mobile version which is free and a great overall game.
If that's how you're going to signify the value of NRS's offerings and don't see how it's subjective then there is no point in arguing with you.

@Eldriken @God Confirm I don't think it will get too hard to unlock characters in SFV. If Capcom is really trying to have a competitive focus then I expect characters to always release for the same price. Hopefully some go down as time passes and maybe sales happen. But I don't expect the grind to be outright hard nor do I expect it's difficulty to increase as you unlock more things. If they do some kind of leveling thing that might become the hardest way to earn in game currency but they did say they plan on having different avenues to gain currency to purchase in game content.

E

Eldriken

@Eldriken @God Confirm I don't think it will get too hard to unlock characters in SFV. If Capcom is really trying to have a competitive focus then I expect characters to always release for the same price. Hopefully some go down as time passes and maybe sales happen. But I don't expect the grind to be outright hard nor do I expect it's difficulty to increase as you unlock more things. If they do some kind of leveling thing that might become the hardest way to earn in game currency but they did say they plan on having different avenues to gain currency to purchase in game content.
They may do that, or perhaps they'll issue TOs unlock codes to unlock the characters and such. I guess we'll see when the time comes.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
This MKF

Pre-order bonus is terrible because it's day 1 DLC, cut from the disk, given to you only if you are willing to commit to purchasing the game BEFORE reviews come in. It's the most anti-consumer thing in the world and exists to serve corporations at your expense.

As for the rest, you are too far gone to be contributing to discussions bro. You are just going around in circles, avoiding everytime your point has been shattered over and over again by basically everyone in here. At the end of the day, EVERYTHING you have just said is all STILL subjective, and even if it wasnt (though it most definitely is) it still wouldn't matter as its JUST as irrelevant as ever to this discussion. You are what is known as a fanboy. Its like watching someone argue about why the XBox is better than the PS3, and why Halo is better than any Sony exlusive, in a conversation about PC gaming. Nobody gives a shit about MK9 vs SFIV, nobody gives a shit about NRS vs Capcom. The fact is NRS are just now finally fixing up the netcode in MKX, and the question is why, and I gaurantee it has nothing to do with SFIV and all your other fucking nonsense.

Ok I'm going to go through this one more time. SF4 = $60. SSF4 = $40. SSF4AE = $15. USF4 = $15. That's $130 over ~6 years. So if your friends bought $70 worth of DLC that's on them. Also that's still over ~6 years. 200/6 = 33/a year. That's a pretty good price for something they probably played WAY more than other games.

NRS on the other hand. MKx = $60. 4 characters = $20. 4 more characters = $20. That's $100 in ALMOST 1 YEAR since we're still waiting on KP2 to release. If they release more characters then that's more money. (LoL I thought it was 2 years since MKx released. Nope NRS already got players banking $100 and it hasn't even been a year yet.)

MvC3 and UMvC3 = $60 + $40 = $100 (The one time I felt ripped off.) SFxT = $60 + $20 = $80.
MK9 = $60 + $15 = $75 (I read there was a season pass for 3+1 characters). I:GAU = $60 + $15 + $5 + $5 = $85

If you were only a Capcom player you paid $50 more for their game's and characters but over a longer period of time. So if 50 more dollars isn't good enough for you to be playing from 2009 instead of 2011 then that's on you and not Capcom. Other players have found enough value and have been paying since SF4. Also, take into account Capcom only players have had SF4 last 6 years, UMvC3 last 4 years maybe even 5. SFxT lasted maybe 2 years. But that one is on the community (and I guess Capcom). It died too young :(.
Not to mention the fact that Capcom games came with a working online play, making it immeasurably more value than any NRS game so far even if NRS wasn't as costly as them (which they most definitely are when it comes to comparing content and far more so when it comes to comparing lifespan)

INB4 mk9 had fatalities. Yeah, we know. I'd prefer a playable online, but to each their own, you know.

MKF30

Last time I address this but you originally criticized Capcom for their "choice" of putting it only on one console and PC. They didn't have a choice of what platforms to put it on, they had a choice of make SF5 with Sony money, or don't make SF5 at all. Microsoft could have offered Capcom a deal before the Sony agreement but they didn't because they're supporting Killer Instinct. As for Nintendo nothing but Smash really goes their way anyway when it comes to fighting games. It's not semantics, it's reality at that point.
That's why I critiqued SFV and Capcom, though that's not my only gripe with Capcom....they do have a choice, they could have easily ported it for Xbox and Nintendo too but chose not to despite their "reasoning" you act like they had no choice, just because Capcom is in the crapper and desperate for money isn't Xbox or Nintendo's problem. They have consumers who want to play SFV too, and got the shaft to sum it up. In other words if they want to play they are forced to buy a PS4 or PC that can handle the game, which they shouldn't have to do.

Ok, but you realize KI is exclusive because unlike Capcom who isn't apart of Sony, KI is owned by M$ the rights. I'm also willing to bet anything that M$ or Nin wouldn't say no to Capcom wanting to port a version of SFV to any of their consoles....

That's not true, The Wii U has struggled but point is Nin is still a big 3 company and very important to the industry. And ftr there are other solid games for the wii u, just later then sooner with Mario maker, 3d world, zelda, splatoon, Mario Kart besides Smash...NRS even made Injustice for the Wii U...and Capcom had a solid port for the 3DS. Capcom screwed over other consumers non Sony. All I have to say.

This MKF

Pre-order bonus is terrible because it's day 1 DLC, cut from the disk, given to you only if you are willing to commit to purchasing the game BEFORE reviews come in. It's the most anti-consumer thing in the world and exists to serve corporations at your expense.

As for the rest, you are too far gone to be contributing to discussions bro. You are just going around in circles, avoiding everytime your point has been shattered over and over again by basically everyone in here. At the end of the day, EVERYTHING you have just said is all STILL subjective, and even if it wasnt (though it most definitely is) it still wouldn't matter as its JUST as irrelevant as ever to this discussion. You are what is known as a fanboy. Its like watching someone argue about why the XBox is better than the PS3, and why Halo is better than any Sony exlusive, in a conversation about PC gaming. Nobody gives a shit about MK9 vs SFIV, nobody gives a shit about NRS vs Capcom. The fact is NRS are just now finally fixing up the netcode in MKX, and the question is why, and I gaurantee it has nothing to do with SFIV and all your other fucking nonsense.

Not to mention the fact that Capcom games came with a working online play, making it immeasurably more value than any NRS game so far even if NRS wasn't as costly as them (which they most definitely are when it comes to comparing content and far more so when it comes to comparing lifespan)

INB4 mk9 had fatalities. Yeah, we know. I'd prefer a playable online, but to each their own, you know.
It's not terrible though, it's a smart way to profit while not screwing your fanbase over(you being lazy is not NRS's problem) all you have to do is pre order which takes what? 2 minutes? And let's face it if you were among the many hyped for MK X you would have done so, not terrible it's actually a good deal. Why wouldn't I take advantage of free extra character that'll be DLC later on? It's also far better then Capcom actually charging you for paid on disc data....no matter how you break it down.

Disagree, you're the one far gone here. You're dodging my points and stuck on your "Capcom rules no matter what" motto, well good luck with that dude. Shattered? Uh no first of all I'm only arguing with you and one other regarding your desperate argument to justify Capcom's shady antics, nobody else cares I only brought it up because those of you bitching over NRS's "netcode" issue is finally getting fixed and you still insist on complaining...SMH. No offense but you're not a real MK fan, you come off more as a poser. Who cares if it's just NOW? So guess what, Capcom just NOW is fixing their greedy antics and realizing they shouldn't rip off their consumers.

Enjoy your SFV dude, I'll enjoy MK X on my Xbox btw which I couldn't do with SFV anyway due to their stupid choice of having it exclusive this time around. Yawn.

No, I'm merely being logical and realistic fan who isn't a poser, what can I say? Oh yes, because "netcode" apparently is the only thing that matters right? right....tell that to Evo hype and thousands upon thousands of streamers viewing and the success of ESL so far?

It's funny, TYM it's always "offline matters most" or now apparently "online matters most" lol. Ignores everything else>>>>>>>>>:rolleyes:

Bruh. MK9 had a slew of glitches, balance problems and other shit. The game didn't even handle trades properly. I don't know much more about it but I'm sure some of the older NRS players can you tell you netplay was not the only issue.

Subjective. But what is fact is that MK9 was supported for a year. Then had one more year of just competitive play before Injustice took over, which followed a similar timeline.

If that's how you're going to signify the value of NRS's offerings and don't see how it's subjective then there is no point in arguing with you.

What you're neglecting is the fact that even if someone doesn't dish out the 200+ in total for everything is there's still on disc paid content, costumes, updates etc you're ignoring that and also the fact that again if you have the base SF4 version you CAN'T just spend 15 bucks if you're a casual fan to play with a friend who may have the Ultra or AE of SSF4....

NRS games at least if my friend has the first version of the game, he updates/downloads the free updates and doesn't have to buy the DLC to play with me if I have say the ultimate complete edition with everything on it...not to mention the alternate basic costumes in the game are free, always has been with MK all you have to do is unlock via the krypt or beat the arcade ladder per character and of course there's free skins that NRS has given too between MK9, Injustice and MK X...I can't say the same for Capcom now can I?

Probably played more? I doubt it, Fighting games in general aren't played nearly as much as FPS's, MMOR's etc hate to break it to you. I'm not saying SF and MK, KI, Smash etc aren't played a lot more NOW but compared to other genres it's just a losing battle. Look it up if you don't believe me, I'm pretty sure there's more people playing games like COD, Destiny, Halo etc, etc

For Season pass you do know you're getting 4 characters for the price of 3 right with MK 9 and MK X right?(first pack) and we don't even know what the price of MK X's KP2 will be yet that includes everything listed.

Regarding SFxTekken, umm you saw the link I posted right?

You're ok with that honestly?

Ok, well either way Capcom is charging you more money for things that NRS puts in their games for free and as for other games, NRS makes ONE komplete version, that's it for people who don't want to dl dlc or may not have the game but want everything on it in one shot(like some friends of mine who bought MK 9 KE)

I never said MK 9 was perfect or didn't have some problems, most of them were addressed though. Dude, SF4 had glitches, infinites etc too, so? No game is perfect out of the oven. But I should have said issue that wasn't really addressed. Outside of that, the only other serious issue that a lot of people had issues with was Kabal's run cancel bs and Cyrax's easy resets, other than those things(which honestly to a point is subjective anyway, there are ways to poke out of Kabal's nonsense with good timing) they fixed everything else regarding the game, the netcode being the biggest exception. It was a great comeback for the franchise, sold well, was at Evo, great story, graphics etc hard to ignore that.

Again, not subjective it's fact. You even said yourself in YOUR comparison chart and admitted that Capcom has charged you more money(even though you forgot a few things) than NRS...with your SF4 and SxT vs. MK9 and Injustice comparisons...I'm getting more bang for my buck with NRS games from my experience.

So in other words, you're going to purposely ignore EVERYTHING else great about MK 9 and MK X and just focus on "netcode" only? Yeah I'm done....tell me, does the "netcode" exclusively have anything to do with the 5 million plus units sold of MK X? If you say yes, you're clearly out of the loop of why MK X is so successful. I'm so sure those other 5- million + people who bought the game all care about just the netcode and online dude. I'm pretty sure there are tons of people on this very site who care nothing about online play or in general, you know the tournament guys who just play offline? But sure, let's just MK X, MK 9 etc on just "net code" alone....

At any rate, for you 3 debating this with me, it's obvious we don't see eye to eye so probably best to agree to disagree.

What's hilarious is last time I really got into debates on here people were telling "nothing but offline matters" now it's the polar opposite. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV
Injustice and MKX are all using further modified versions of an already modified version of Unreal Engine 3 that was used for MK9.
I think this plays a huge part in this. For all we know this could have been the plan since MKX was first thought about. But the decision was made to push the game out with legacy netcode in 2015, rather than delay it till late 2015/early 2016 when there's the possibility to compete with other fighters that might be coming out.

As it stands MKX was the next gen fighting game of 2015, with pretty much no competition.

MKF30

Fighting games in general MK, SF, Smash whatever always seem to release on years without much competition. Smash was out in 2014, nothing much doing there, MK X in 2015, SF V 2016....

Though MK X at least was factually one of the better selling games of the year, for a fighting game that's a damn good feat considering it's an underdog genre.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What you're neglecting is the fact that even if someone doesn't dish out the 200+ in total for everything is there's still on disc paid content, costumes, updates etc you're ignoring that and also the fact that again if you have the base SF4 version you CAN'T just spend 15 bucks if you're a casual fan to play with a friend who may have the Ultra or AE of SSF4....
Bruh if you're still on Vanilla SF when AE comes out then I just don't know what to tell you. That's like being pissed you can't hop from MK9 to Injustice. It's been years man, upgrade. Heck at that point you could get AE for cheap just by buying a used copy of super and paying 15 bucks. Nevermind the 10 characters added in Super and the 4 characters added in AE. Link me to what on disc content was locked in SF4?

NRS games at least if my friend has the first version of the game, he updates/downloads the free updates and doesn't have to buy the DLC to play with me if I have say the ultimate complete edition with everything on it...not to mention the alternate basic costumes in the game are free, always has been with MK all you have to do is unlock via the krypt or beat the arcade ladder per character and of course there's free skins that NRS has given too between MK9, Injustice and MK X...I can't say the same for Capcom now can I?
So cause NRS gives you a free skin that negates the all of their pay for DLC?

Probably played more? I doubt it, Fighting games in general aren't played nearly as much as FPS's, MMOR's etc hate to break it to you. I'm not saying SF and MK, KI, Smash etc aren't played a lot more NOW but compared to other genres it's just a losing battle. Look it up if you don't believe me, I'm pretty sure there's more people playing games like COD, Destiny, Halo etc, etc
What I meant was, if you don't play a fighter enough to justify paying $60 on release then paying $40 after a year of paying then maybe you're not that into fighting games. If that's the case then yeah, you don't get enough value from it. Not Capcom's fault your friends enjoy CoD more than SF. Doesn't mean it has to be free. I'd love if everything added to a game I bought was free. But if the creators charge for it, most of the time I'll be ok. Balancing should be free. Characters don't have to be but I'd love if they were (Praise Tekken and NOW SFV). Skins and other cosmetics that won't crash a match, I'm ok if they charge a reasonable price.

For Season pass you do know you're getting 4 characters for the price of 3 right with MK 9 and MK X right?(first pack) and we don't even know what the price of MK X's KP2 will be yet that includes everything listed.
I typed that out. Please read. You should notice that even with a discount all 3 of NRS games cost only $50 dollars less than all 3 of Capcom games. While also being playing shorter. So for 2 years of play there is $50 more to enjoy all 3 of Capcom's latest offerings. If you buy video games on release you're bound to spend $50 somewhere.

Regarding SFxTekken, umm you saw the link I posted right?

You're ok with that honestly?
Didn't care, I bought the $20 character packed and enjoyed playing the characters. I picked up 3/12 so why not get the rest for $5 more? All this DLC stuff is planned and wherever the characters were stored I'd pay $20 to have 12 characters. I paid $60 for 50 characters. Really only about 6 characters that I played. Which is pretty much how most people spend money on a fighter. I had fun and enjoyed it. Was it shady? Yeah. But I figured I was going to buy the pack either way so whatever. Community killed the game off so it doesn't matter.

Ok, well either way Capcom is charging you more money for things that NRS puts in their games for free and as for other games, NRS makes ONE komplete version, that's it for people who don't want to dl dlc or may not have the game but want everything on it in one shot(like some friends of mine who bought MK 9 KE)
NRS still has pay for DLC. USF4 was SF's Komplete Edition 6 YEARS AFTER THE GAME FIRST RELEASED. NRS stops supporting after ONE YEAR. Please understand this MAJOR DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 SERIES. One company CARED FOR LONGER than the other company.

Again, not subjective it's fact. You even said yourself in YOUR comparison chart and admitted that Capcom has charged you more money(even though you forgot a few things) than NRS...with your SF4 and SxT vs. MK9 and Injustice comparisons...I'm getting more bang for my buck with NRS games from my experience.
No. Saying that the MK story was worth your money is subjective. I thought both the MK9 story and MKx story was meh. MK9 was a clear reboot cause they needed to do that to have any story. I thought it was lame to go with "Present Raiden warns Past Raiden but Past Raiden doesn't quite gets the message and fucks everything up." Like WTF. Does dude not know how to work his amulet? Does it only send vague headache inducing future flashback messages? Did Raiden forget to pay his monthly elder god subscription and the service got cut off? Oh let's not forget the all encompassing statement: "He must win." Bro just say Shao Khan so everyone doesn't have to die. Like the whole story Raiden is just hitting random select on who should be Earth's Champion. Challenge towers? I don't care for miscellaneous missions that are just busy work. Give me an actual trial/mission mode to practice execution AND learn my character's stuff. Or a tournament mode. All the "Test your" stuff are good to add. Heck put back in 2v2. Also don't forget you got to 3 star all the S.T.A.R.S. missions to get arguably the best flash skin. Bleh. See? Subjective.

So in other words, you're going to purposely ignore EVERYTHING else great about MK 9 and MK X and just focus on "netcode" only? Yeah I'm done....tell me, does the "netcode" exclusively have anything to do with the 5 million plus units sold of MK X? If you say yes, you're clearly out of the loop of why MK X is so successful. I'm so sure those other 5- million + people who bought the game all care about just the netcode and online dude. I'm pretty sure there are tons of people on this very site who care nothing about online play or in general, you know the tournament guys who just play offline? But sure, let's just MK X, MK 9 etc on just "net code" alone....
Ok let's break this part down.

I didn't even talk about the netcode. I talked about cost of base game + DLC characters. So stop.

5 Million sold. How many returned? I can you tell the PC crowd doesn't give 2 fucks about MKx because of how awful the port was. How full are the online rooms? Stop toting units sold like some corporate shill in a game informer add.

Ask any tourney goer and I'm sure they would be all for a playable online experience. I'm sure they would love to be able to actually practice against people they don't get to see much outside of tournaments. Imagine if YOMI could take their talents to anyone. Imagine Pig's Red Hot Sunday being an actual crazy exhibition stage. Instead of everyone going "Remeber guys online is shit so this just a fun set lol nothing serious." There are plenty of players that get a lot of practice online. It's just NRS games were it's so shit everyone disregards it. Not that online will ever replace offline competition. But it can be a legitimate training stage. Seems like it's just you bringing up "Netcode" with me bruh bruh.

At any rate, for you 3 debating this with me, it's obvious we don't see eye to eye so probably best to agree to disagree.

What's hilarious is last time I really got into debates on here people were telling "nothing but offline matters" now it's the polar opposite. :eek:
Were you talking about getting the best competition possible? The best place to understand and implement tactics and strategies? The best place to understand Tiers? Offline is always the best.

This however is talking about how a sucky online destroys the chance for a huge chunk of your userbase to enjoy your game. I bet no one ever told you "Man tourneys don't matter. The best players are online." Especially regarding a NRS game.

Though MK X at least was factually one of the better selling games of the year, for a fighting game that's a damn good feat considering it's an underdog genre.
Besides Smash. MK is the only other game that doesn't tote being a competitive well balanced fighter as a selling point. They may say that but we all know the big draw is blood, gore, and of course fatalities. It's their early 90s schtick.

Atomic Era

Grundy want pants too.
As others have brought up you're looping back on yourself and outright ignoring or misconstruing points so here we go one last time:

1)Capcom signed an EXCLUSIVE DEAL with Sony to make SF5. Without this deal they couldn't even have made it in the first place due to a lack of funds, I have no idea where you're getting this "Oh, well they could have ported it over to Nintendo and Xbox". If you can't afford to make the game in the first place, how are you going to afford multiple versions, and the work that goes into making them?

2)When talking about Nintendo I said fighting games. You brought up Injustice which did have a port, and it sold the least, no one really played it, and it was inferior to the other versions. It was never going to be the standard even once for a fighting game. If someone bought a Wii for fighting games (Other than smash) they made a terrible mistake and are going to be sorely disappointed.

3)MKX sold 5 million Despite its netcode. Offline matters in determining player skill, online matters in entertaining a large portion of people that bought a fighting game. Were you reading the forums when people were playing through the second beta or so for SFV? There were pages of people talking about how much better the netcode was and how they were going to drop MKX because of it. Mortal Kombat loyalists admitting that they were probably going to pick up SF5 just have a fighting game to play at home. If that doesn't speak to you about the importance of good netcode especially in this day and age I don't know what will.

MKF30

Atomic::I'm not ignoring or looping anything anymore than you are Atomic, I've posted links proving and backing my claims you're just choosing to be like "yeah I dont care and choose to ignore them"

Again, I don't care the reason the fact remains Capcom CHOSE to be exclusive! They could have told Sony, we want to be multiconsole, so why could have taken the NRS way in MK 9 having an exclusive character or something or feature, instead they chose the console in general...come on. Ok then, tell me why did they make a version of SF 4 for Xbox and even the 3DS yet refuse to do so for SFV? Do tell.

The wii version sold the least not because it was worse the other versions actually but due to the other versions selling much already to most and wasn't your typical Nintendo game. Otherwise it actually got pretty good reviews and in some ways was better from a technical standpoint.

Online also matters from a improving with friends perspective and for getting noticed, as well as fun. So? Yes I read them, they're posers who obviously weren't going to stick with MK regardless, now watch half of those people will jump back on MK X once the net code improves...I've been on here a long time to recognize the ridiculous patterns of certain people. One day ranting, another day praising...please. I never said netcode wasn't important, I just said it's not everything, if you can't see how other things matter then I don't know what else to tell you from a solid overall game.

@ buyachusun:
So that's the excuse for someone who maybe can't afford to buy 10 versions of the same game after they spend the 60 bucks for the initial game, even though Capcom could just put the newer stuff via DLC like everyone else? It's not a new game, it's the same game with "newer modes, more characters and updated balances" funny, NRS does all that for free with option to just buy the DLC characters? hmmm
Umm all the costumes were locked content on SF 4.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Responds-BBB-Complaints-Distinction-Between-DLC-Disc-Locked-Content-41021.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Says-Disc-Street-Fighter-X-Tekken-DLC-Compatibility-40160.html
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Why-Disc-DLC-Bad-Crime-Gamers-Make-It-Out-48109.html

No, but at least they give me more than just a franchise name to go on you know, developed characters, storyline, realistic graphics, fun ways to unlock stuff, multiple ways to unlock stuff, free mobile game connecting to MK X for more free stuff, the fact that it's fun and can also be played online and at tourneys? That would be what negates it. I can't say the same for Capcom.

I'm into fighters but like most I'm selective, I was having fun with SF4 and SSF4 but once they kept going I was like screw this shit, I've already given you enough money and once I found out about the on disc content they charge you that was the last straw for me. Dude, I grew up during the 80's and 90's...lol I saw both from the start through now, unlike a good portion I'm not part of the newer "hip trendy" generation who judges by the past 5 or 6 games alone. Wait, what game costume crashed a match? If you're saying SF did that, then that's a technical issue on their part obviously. MK 9 had some costume glitches early on but they fixed them.

I did read it, please read my point that your post only proves my point that Capcom you're spending more than NRS....so wait, only 50 dollars is nothing? It's still 50 bucks, hell if it were 10 or 20 that's still extra money. You buy something on Ebay for 40 bucks or on amazon for 5, what are you going to go with? Ok, well just because you don't care doesn't mean others don't. You're denying a legitimate reason why Capcom is a bunch of greedy pricks, so you don't care for the truth? Got it
btw Every fighting game dies eventually btw, just a matter of time.

I never denied that there's DLC that costs money but at least it's not ON DISC DLC....like Capcom, you can't defend this action no matter what you post. I disagree, MK team cares about MK they just worked for a company who rushed and went bankrupt, Midway much like Capcom is going downhill now they're surviving on more or less on one, two games max....if they didn't care they wouldn't have kept making MK games after MK 4. It's not subjective in regard to MOST MK fans, there are tourney and online people who don't care about the story, granted but there's also a LOT more people both casual and hardcore who DO care about the story, have you not seen the many storyline and comic topics on here?

Maybe you're new to MK or something but it's the one thing that's been super consistent over the years unlike other fighters. MK 9's was better and longer, but MKX's was still pretty good considering. You don't see that effort put into SF, Tekken, Smash etc. As an aspiring voice actor myself I know for a fact it's a lot of extra work, editing, scripting, animating etc can go on. Right...well you're in a minority because most enjoyed the time travel story and made sense given how MKA ended. S.T.A.R. missions actually helped train you in Injustice and were challenging, too hard for you huh? Well I posted two vids on my channel showing them all done, practice makes perfect. What do you know...
Umm the EG don't care what happens so long as the realms aren't destroyed or merged without their ok. That one future was already set in place by their request which Delia set forth by creating Blaze to prevent Armageddon. And really? You're going to gripe about MK when SF it's pretty much random "everyone in the world fights the big bad guy" why again? Oh right...for the sake of having everyone fight each other, at least MK it's tournaments and different realms, species with a goal and point most of the time. Because "dan" is so creative and original right?

Right... Well again, maybe you don't like all t hose things that may be too difficult for you but other fans enjoy the challenge and don't care for competiting on or offline. Not saying me, I love everything about MK more or less and grew up during the Golden Age of games, I don't judge based off a few games or "just net code" like some people do on here. I'm pretty sure NRS didn't have intentions of saying "hey fanbase, buy out game because of cooler, improved netcode and nothing else" unless you can link me to them saying such?

That's cute that you're denying it because I called you out in it now, but no, you stop. You're the one going on about "net code this, Capcom cares that" because if you think NRS don't care you're wrong flat out, if they didn't they wouldn't give anything for free, wouldn't work on the net code, wouldn't ASK us for feedback so you can believe otherwise if it helps you sleep better. I'm talking about flaws in general of Capcom since you're so hellbent on ranting about your issues with NRS, bringing me back to my earlier point NOBODY is perfect.

How many SF returned? Seriously who gives a shit? Point is MORE sold then returned obviously, such a moot point. Umm and I can tell you the PC crowd don't give two shits about SF either...or fighters for that matter, I know a few pro PC players personally and friends who play nothing but PC. Besides, who here in majority play PC MK or SF? Exactly, moving on. I'm not toting shit from GI, I'm telling you the facts regarding confirmed sales via NRS and WB. Derp. Can you list the amount of trade ins for MK or SF? Yeah...I didn't think so.

Most of them haven't been, since I'm an online player I've been told this for YEARS. Sure, we all would like to be able to play, practice online and compete but anyone will tell you the biggest tourneys are still offline. For the record, a good portion of these tourney guys CAME from online and wouldn't be possible without sites like this one. NRS aren't shit, what you on dude? That's why every game since NRS came to existence has been a success...

Seems like you're grasping at straws to bash NRS brah brah. Then why are you obsessing over net code exactly and online again?

My userbase? I don't work for NRS, you're talking like a poser in disguise now. I don't see best players off or online, I see either a solid player or not regardless of where they come from. Seriously, why are you on this site again? You clearly seem to hate MK and be SF fanboy.

Incorrect, MK is very competitive and so is Smash you obviously never heard much of MK 2, UMK3, MK vs DCU, MK 9 and MK x? Or Smash melee? Right...this alone shows you don't play anything else outside of SF apparently. No game is perfectly balanced, the closest is honestly Tekken games of the past but now with patches, fixes they can be almost. MK had that to be different but it's still a main attraction as it's unique and looks cool, just like Capcom's anime style and flashy lights that give people migraines when they do supers.......so I guess SF's schtick is just as well. Every fighter is different to be unique.

Lastly, I suggest we agree to disagree or you make shorter posts with these lengthy posts....breaking down a bunch of smaller points is rather annoying.

I'm just going to agree to disagree with you guys....clearly not seeing my point so no need to continue repeating myself, bottom line netcode doesn't translate to a great game, series or success alone and capcom is still more greedy then NRS til proven otherwise.

Last edited:
Reactions: GAV
I agree with everything @God Confirm said. Every point. If you cant see why preorder bonus' are bad, then I don't known what to tell you. For example, halo MCC had a lot of preorders. Yet the game was unplayable when it came out. This can happen with ANY game. They make preorder bonus' so consumers will buy the game BEFORE it comes out, before it gets any reviews. They want an instant buy, before you you know how the game is. If you are the type of consumer who actually wants to see if a game is good before it comes out (which is a wise decision in many cases, Ala MCC) you are screwed on some type of extra content SIMPLY BECAUSE you are making a wise decision. How is that good?

Another of God confirms points, if you are one of those people who says "don't give nrs gripe because the online was crap at first, at least they are fixing it now" you don't understand how buying a product works. You are buying a product so you can get something out of it. In this case, it's offline AND online play. I payed money to play ONLINE. You are trading a currency for a product that you think is worth it based off of what you are told. If you are okay with what nrs did with its online in the first few months, then you should be okay with people messing up your order when you get food, you should be okay with buying an unfinished book (god confirms example), you should have been okay with what happened with master chief collection, and you should be okay with getting lied too and jipped about every purchase you ever make. If you aren't okay with that, then you should not let nrs off the hook just because you are a fan. Before you think about saying "don't hate on nrs at least there fixing it" think about how you should hold them accountable by voicing your opinion, just like you would any other purchase.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
There's this argument floating around that just because you're a consumer, you're entitled to have everything you want a product to be.

Yes, a producer of a product is responsible for meeting all federally regulated guidelines before they can sell said product. Yes, there are many things costumers are entitled to simply by virtue of being a consumer.

HOWEVER...there is an old saying that goes, "Let the buyer beware."

The consumer isn't scott-free by any stretch of the imagination. The onus is on the consumer to make informed purchases. If you buy a knock off radio without researching the brand, manufacturer, and product history and it breaks on you due to being cheaply made, that's the customer's fault for making a poorly informed buying decision.

Translate this concept to NRS games: When MKX came out and you purchased it with the online experience in mind, you would be disappointed.

MK X isn't like Battlefront or World of Warcraft in that it is designed to be an online experience. Online is a feature, but it's not the point of the game.

So if you, the consumer, purchased the game without reading reviews, without researching the online experience, you share at least some responsibility for your dissatisfaction.

Make informed purchases.

coolwhip

Noob
LMFAO at the people throwing around words like entitled as if they have any bearing here.

I don't know exactly when it happened, but at some point in the last few years the word entitled started being misappropriated and used against consumers when it has no place whatsoever in the discussion.

Proper use of the word entitled would be to say something like, "entitled children believe they deserve to have all their wants fulfilled simply by virtue of being children." These children believe they're entitled to something they aren't. They are entitled to have their NEEDS met, because they are children and it's the responsibility of adults to meet to those needs. They are not entitled to their wants. That is a proper use of the word entitled.

When it comes to consumers though, we ACTUALLY have entitlements by virtue of the contract we enter into when we purchase something. People throw around entitled gamers as if that's some kind of insult when it's precisely what we SHOULD be by virtue of having spent money on said game. We are ENTITLED to a functioning product that's competitive against the market. We DON'T need to worship at the feet of those finally deciding that maybe they should get with the times and provide a competitive (against the market) online component. We should DEMAND quality in exchange for cash, that's how the exchange of fucking goods works.

Attacking your fellow consumer doesn't do you any favors, all you're doing in the end is fucking yourself.
While the essence of your post is correct, please don't throw around words if you don't fully grasp them.

" We are ENTITLED to a functioning product that's competitive against the market."

You actually got that with MKX, even with the bad net code. Contractually speaking (since you threw the term "contract"), you bought a game and the disc functioned. Everything that was promoted to being in the game was on the disc (so it's not like your disc had no story mode or something). So in this "contract" NRS fulfilled its obligations. I'm a lawyer so I would know.

Not saying that means it's OK for MKX to have the terrible net code it had/has, but I'm saying it's not OK for you to be condescending while being off the mark. MKX is competitive against the market. In many ways, it dominates it in its genre.

Last edited: