What's new

Who was the most broken character in MK history?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Hmmm... I'm trying to think of who you could be talking about... was it Jade?
No, no one in MK9 aside from vanilla Sonya and vanilla Kabal could ever be classified as one of the most broken characters in history. And they STILL are tame.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
No, no one in MK9 aside from vanilla Sonya and vanilla Kabal could ever be classified as one of the most broken characters in history. And they STILL are tame.
Oh my bad. I thought you were saying there was someone in MK9 who you thought was broken.

What was vanilla Sonya like back then because I don't remember.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
MKT Noob, MKD Dairou, MKD Bo Rai Cho, MK3 USub are probably the best candidates. If you guys say MK9 Cyrax day 1, y'all don't know ANYTHING.
Hmmm... I'm trying to think of who you could be talking about... was it Jade?
He's talking about the characters he mentioned earlier. Cyrax is a bullshit character, but these characters were pretty ridiculous. Inescapable bomb traps were shitty...

But a 15-frame (or whatever it was) full-screen, unblockable launcher in a game that had very, very limited aerial action was ridiculous. Compliment that with arguably a top 2/3 projectile, some of the better pokes in the game, and a teleport that gave a FT back to full-screen... you almost couldn't fight the fucking guy unless you were Bo'Rai Cho. If Bo or Dai weren't in the game... the other would #1 by miles.

Cyrax is probably more comparable to N/S who was #3 in that particular game.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Oh my bad. I thought you were saying there was someone in MK9 who you thought was broken.

What was vanilla Sonya like back then because I don't remember.
She had block infinites off of MS cancels. Her armor sucked then, though.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Talking about MKT Noob, how would you guys balance him? A limit of X clones per combo? Teleport Slam juggling enemy a bit lower with each time? Disabler effects not affecting separate entities such as victim's projectiles/iceclones?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Hmm MKT noob-saibot

MK D-Bo Rai Cho, Dairou, Noob-Smoke

MK 9 Kung Lao, Kabal(especially pre patch lol) honorable mentions Cyrax, Cage and Sonya

MK vs. DCU Superman, Flash and Shao Kahn

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
MK9 Cyrax wasn't even the most broken character in MK9.

It's MK1 Sonya tho, which is partly just due to the nature of MK1 and how basic it was. No one had anything like her, she must obliterate every other character in that game 9-1.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Mk9 - most broken Cyrax Kenshi Sonya (as far as breaking the game) for the most part aside from cyrax (because of dmg mainly along with other things im not gonna list). Knshi and Sonya make up there own footsie rules ..

Mk9 - Most overpowered Kabal Freddy Lao Cage
Kabal is overpowered mainly due to his projectile dmg doing 9% (his ndcs could be toned down a bit, but honestly if you know the matchup it isn't THAT difficult to get out.
Freddy - Rediculous zoning (fullscreenframe traps and pretty hefty dmg from it too)
Lao - Rediculous mobility with the most nonfundamental tools lol
Cage - Rediculous Pressure that takes the execution of a child to do.

honorable mentions - Smoke (resets) Jax (resets) Quan (Rune trap) Kitana (....lul)

and this is just an opinion if you were to really seperate overpowered from broken things and in no way am i complaining about any of it! I love mk9 4lyfeee

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MKT Noob by far is the most broken. Easiest infinite and most accessible. Probably the most broken character in FG history, at least in the top 5.

Superman in MKDC was broken too, easy ground pound infinite and easily accessible. As well as Flash in MKDC, infinites, infinites everywhere.

MKT noob isn't just broken because of the easy 100% infinite.

It's because he can get into it from basically anything. The moment you let go of the block button, you lose. Clone throw is fast, safe, and leads to death. Standard combo's popup, and lead to death. No block fireball CERTAINLY leads to death. AA jabs or teleport leads to death.

He had answers for anything you did, and all those answers lead to the same infinite loop, and death.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Interesting bump.

I've been playing some MKG (Sega Dreamcast version of MK4) as of late, and as far as Sektor in that game is concerned... Yeah. I'm pretty sure all the programmers did was palette swap Cyrax, copy/paste his moves in Trilogy with no hit limit testing and called it a day.

He's just not as well documented as MKT Noob, MKD Dairou or the likes since barely anybody had a Dreamcast. Nor was MKG released anywhere else.