What's new

Who was the most broken character in MK history?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Why do you not think so ?
Noob had like 100 ways to get is infinite going. His projectile was extremely quick and led to a free infinite on hit because of his launching teleport. Almost every special he had led to his infinite to be honest. His bnb also could be ended with teleport and finished with the infinite. Noob was literally the ultimate touch of death character in MK.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
This is what I heard from people, if I am wrong please state your case:
Mk1 : Sonya
Mk2: mileena
Mk vs DC: green lantern. The flash
Mk9: cyrax

Pre patch broken business:
Mk9: kung Lao
Was raiden nerfed?
Skarlet?

Injustice:
Cyborg
Superman
Black Adam
Scorpion
Death stroke
Sinestro and the push block crew
Batgirl infinites.
In retrospect, did killer frost really need that tone down considering they added batgirl who is basically frost on crack? Not my place to say.

I have seen posts of dairu or whatever his name is, but never played the game. Looks fair lol.

Element_

The First Element
Mk vs DC: green lantern. The flash
Mk9: cyrax

Pre patch broken business:
Mk9: kung Lao
Was raiden nerfed?
Skarlet?

Injustice:
Cyborg
Superman
Black Adam
Scorpion
Death stroke
Sinestro and the push block crew
Batgirl infinites.
In retrospect, did killer frost really need that tone down considering they added batgirl who is basically frost on crack? Not my place to say.

I have seen posts of dairu or whatever his name is, but never played the game. Looks fair lol.
Along with the The Flash and GL...Superman was another broken character in MK vs DC ! Once he knocked you down the character could basically Ground Pound you to the end of round! Could only use Rage to escape but usually by the time your meter was full..the round was pretty much over.

E

Eldriken

Wow, I mained Noob in MKT. I didn't even know what it meant to be OP or anything back then.

No wonder my friends hated playing me in that game.

I didn't know his infinites or anything, much less that such a thing existed.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Mk vs DC: green lantern. The flash.
This is actually what I was curious about. Can anyone elaborate on reasons behind those being broken/top at the time (I only know about GL's combo-able breakers)?

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
This is actually what I was curious about. Can anyone elaborate on reasons behind those being broken/top at the time (I only know about GL's combo-able breakers)?
I know that Sonya blade in mk1 had some kind of leg grab infinite.

I heard mileena was kinda busted in mk2, but mk2 was a turtle based zoning game, so maybe she was just the best at that

impossible to say really. you'd have to have 2 different games. One with all teh OP 2D MK chars and one with all the broken 3D chars. then have people play for a couple of years and see who was the most dominant

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Broken and overpowered or two different things.

In MKD, Bo'Rai Cho was broken. Dairou was crazy overpowered.

Those are the top two in each category that I've experienced personally.

MKT has to own the most broken characters, personal vote goes to Noob. I'm not sure MK9 can really even be compared, except maybe Demo Scorpion and Cage (Scorpion did like 70% with JK tele loops and Cage had an easy ass block infinite with standing 2).

MKT Noob and Rain for certain.

Not only was noob able to convert ANY hit into a ToD combo, he also was completely safe in his offense, and could catch you the moment you jumped. You could not beat him.

Rain was noob light with harder infinites.

Nothing else comes close.