What's new

Who was the most broken character in MK history?

E

Eldriken

OK, what the fuck is that move Noob begins the combo with? The throw into the rolling launch. I've NEVER seen that before and I played the shit out of MKT.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.
I don't ever recall seeing it either. DA HAYUL?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
LOL

Slide~Slash (runetrap) had a gap where you could poke out, combo out or even armor out everytime you blocked a slide. Skarlet slide didn't had cancel advantage
Slide~Downslash: -23 frames to connect the downslash
Slide~Upslash -17 frames to connect the upslash

Tho i agree that the fact that she had Sareena's daggers with nearly no cancel restrition, 6 frames recovery teleport and could do the trap from every red dash did made her overpowered, specially online.

IMO if Skarlet is in MKX it would be interesting if she could do the Slide~Slash from enhanced slide only, it would be a very fearless character

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
OK, what the fuck is that move Noob begins the combo with? The throw into the rolling launch. I've NEVER seen that before and I played the shit out of MKT.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills here.
I don't ever recall seeing it either. DA HAYUL?
Glad I'm not the only one. I'll make note that I only played MKT on N64, so maybe this was a PS exclusive move? Someone must know the answer.

That is the Shadow Toss, tap forward twice and press HP, is this some kind of troll post? This is one of Noob's most famous moves, where did you guys though his MK9 move set come from?
The shadow toss was broken, correction, all noob's special moves were broken, shadow toss push ppl into the corner before throw noob could do a lot of stuff and setups with it:

-Noob Could run behind this move after using it, throw a disabler while the shadow pushes you or launches you.
-During Juggles you are forced to crouch block, in air becomes a OTG reset that can only be blocked crouching
- Shadow toss didnt has recovery frames.

In MK9 NRS replaced this move with the Shadow Charge (Saibot Charge)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
That is the Shadow Toss, tap forward twice and press HP, is this some kind of troll post? This is one of Noob's most famous moves, where did you guys though his MK9 move set come from?
The shadow toss was broken, correction, all noob's special moves were broken, shadow toss push ppl into the corner before throw noob could do a lot of stuff and setups with it:

-Noob Could run behind this move after using it, throw a disabler while the shadow pushes you or launches you.
-During Juggles you are forced to crouch block, in air becomes a OTG reset that can only be blocked crouching

Not trolling at all. I've never seen that move used ever. Thanks for clearing it up.

E

Eldriken

So, you think we're trolling because we never saw the move nor knew how to use it? Come on, dude.

I legit didn't know about it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Okay, i'm feeling really old now. LOL
You're not older than me, I'm sure. I've been playing MK since MK1 in the arcade days. Maybe my friends and I just never played Noob much on MKT, I don't know. And that's literally the only move I've ever seen in MK history where the launch puts the opponent into the same rolling state that they'd be in after a blocked Scorpion teleport, for example. Very strange.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You're not older than me, I'm sure. I've been playing MK since MK1 in the arcade days. Maybe my friends and I just never played Noob much on MKT, I don't know. And that's literally the only move I've ever seen in MK history where the launch puts the opponent into the same rolling state that they'd be in after a blocked Scorpion teleport, for example. Very strange.
You shouldn't. Unless you're older than 29. :p

I just never knew about it. If I did, I've forgotten, lol.
Fair enough, i've been playing since MK1 tho, i think i did played all possible available versions of MK aside from Mk9vita and MK vs DC. I'm 27 now, so yeah i'm feeling old already LOL.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
You mean pre-patch? There's a ton of them but I don't know if they are post-patch or not. They all still suck if you get caught in it lol.

Element_

The First Element
Cyrax on release date..before the game recieved any patch ! Remember he had a real nasty bomb trap...among other things ! Tried searching around but can't seem to find a video up of it.

This is actually what I was curious about. Can anyone elaborate on reasons behind those being broken/top at the time (I only know about GL's combo-able breakers)?
With MK1 Sonya, literally all you had to do was land a single leg grab. After that, you simply walked forward a tiny bit and did another leg grab - repeat until opponent is dead. If timed right, there was no way to escape it. And you could easily land this off anti-airs or whiffed moves or anything else really. (You can tell she was a last-minute addition, lol)

As for MK2 Mileena... her sais. The charge time on those things was v.short compared to everyone else's projectile, and they were fast with quick recovery too - a lot of characters had pretty much no answer to sai spam. Her close game was solid too - good range on her normals and solid combos.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
LOL

Slide~Slash (runetrap) had a gap where you could poke out, combo out or even armor out everytime you blocked a slide. Skarlet slide didn't had cancel advantage
Slide~Downslash: -23 frames to connect the downslash
Slide~Upslash -17 frames to connect the upslash

Tho i agree that the fact that she had Sareena's daggers with nearly no cancel restrition, 6 frames recovery teleport and could do the trap from every red dash did made her overpowered, specially online.

IMO if Skarlet is in MKX it would be interesting if she could do the Slide~Slash from enhanced slide only, it would be a very fearless character
That's what the ? WS for. She got nerfed right?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
MKT Noob, MKD Dairou, MKD Bo Rai Cho, MK3 USub are probably the best candidates. If you guys say MK9 Cyrax day 1, y'all don't know ANYTHING.