What's new

Who was the most broken character in MK history?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
all games before MK9 I think have no such relevant competitive value as the new MK generation games (starting with MK9, and following now with MKX), so, due the technology limitation in old times, and lack of huge competitive scenario at global wide comparison, none of those games could be taken seriously today, with all those crap bug and glitches ..... and broken gameplay mechanic .....

for what matter, starting with MK9 for new times, yep, Kabal and Cyrax .... the reason what MK9 competitive scene became boring as hell, so, I hope the new game brings more fair balance tweaks between the characters, and I hope for god's sake that end to have less to none gameplay mechanic explotation that almost could behave as cheat tactics in the game ....

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
It has to be MKT Noob.
When I saw the topic MKT Noob was the first thing that popped into my head. Back then I was very young and didn't know that much about fighting game balance. But even then I knew there was something very wrong with that character. I can't speak of MK5-8 since I didn't play them. But between MK1-4 and Mk9 MKT Noob has got to be the most broken character.

I know this is "MK history" and not "NRS history", but on paper: day 1 Cyborg could kill any character on hit or block, anywhere on the screen by spamming perfect IA projectiles. Of course nobody had the execution to pull it off before it was patched. But if someone mastered it he would be the most broke imo.

Also you have to get hit to lose to most infinites. Just don't get hit nub!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1. MKT Noob Saibot: Had the hability to do the easiest infinites of the game, his disabler move would disable your hitbox, your specials moves, you could only run, Shadow toss during juggles was a low attack that you had to crouch block to avoid OTG resets, and the shadow toss itself allowed a free disabler hit at will.

2.MKT Kung Lao (MK2): Ultra Broken Character, IMO even more broken than noob purely because this character can perform combos with boss damage, run speed is faster than anyone else on the cast and can cancel to block at will, faster combo startup up close, and safe dive kick.

3. MK9 Cyrax: Strings hitbox are out of the place, Resits, dosn't matter if you meter for breaker, Cyrax doesn't give a fuck.

4. Green Lantern (MK vs DC): Just because he can start a combo off a breaker

5. The Flash (MK vs DC): really?

6. Nightwolf MKT: Best rundown in the game, corner infinite on character he couldn't start a jump in combo, but would OTG them midscreen with rundown and becomed infinite in the corner.
7. MKDA scorpion: Untouchable, Unreachable.
8. MKA Sareena:
9. Injustice Pre-patch Cyborg
10. MK9 Kabal

Last edited:

JDM

Noob
Injustice pre patch Cyborg isn't in the friggin' top 30 compared to some of the other broke shit the earlier games had. Come on now.

day 1 MK9 Cyrax was equally as broken as day 1 MK9 Kabal.

Command grab infinites, bomb trap infinite, inescapable OTGs. Pllleeeeeaaasse. The only thing Kabal had that Cyrax didn't have was a block infinite. But if I recall correctly you could just let yourself hit by Kabal and it would end. So you could get out of it or breaker. And as someone else said Cyrax doesn't care about breakers. He can do way more damage before you're able to break or do straight up unbreakable combos.

Injustice pre patch Cyborg isn't in the friggin' top 30 compared to some of the other broke shit the earlier games had. Come on now.
You know more than I do. I openly admit I don't know anything about MK4 to MK8. I played some of them but just casually.

Your proposition is depressing though. It means MK games are so bad/poor quality that a character with a full screen inescapable infinite on hit or block is not even top 30 most retarded/broke lol.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Noob (Mortal Kombat Trilogy) is number one and then Dairou (Mortal Kombat Deception).

Dairou was the ultimate zoning character. He had a 15 frame full screen unblockable juggle starter. Someone in Mortal Kombat X must have the Tombstone Drop.

GhosT

Noob
The first character I think of when I think of broken is MK9 Cyrax
YES, the word broken has been confused with phrase OP for far too long. Cyrax was truly Broke, they tried to fix him and made it worse, he was not meant to be that way. Broken lol.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Kabal: Broken
Kenshi: Overpowered but not broken
Lao: Very good, not close to broken
You maybe right about Kenshi but Lao ? He may not be broken now but he was broken for a long time. They did patch him up good though. Kabal is more broken than Cyrax in my books.

Rabbit

thugs bunny
The boss characters in PSX version of MKT were probably the most broken playable characters in MK. Other than that Noob is without a question one of the most broken characters in the MK games.

MKG Sektor and MK3 Sub-Zero are also pretty fucked up.

Element_

The First Element
MKT Noob Saibot has to be the most broken in history ! Would then nominate MKvsDC Flash as #2 and MK9 Cyrax as #3 ! But there is a whole range of other's throughout the MK life-span.