What's new

Who is the respective downplayer for each character?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't know... I haven't seen Rally argue that his character has a harder neutral game than Joker yet :p
I never said she had a harder neutral than Joker -_- my original statement was that she may have had just as hard a neutral as Joker. But after we discussed the matchup I changed my mind on that.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Grundy.
The only problem is actually getting that knockdown.
Knockdown game should include the ability to procure a knockdown in the first place (and in such a manner that allows for optimal oki). I think we're forgetting a name who arguably belongs above Grundy for that very reason, and Flash outside of the corner, and Martian when there are no guaranteed interactables, and so on. And I'd put Shazam up in that same tier as well probably too.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Pot/kettle, my friend. Bane has the #1 knockdown game in Injustice, but who's #2?
Wait, are you seriously implying Catwoman has THE NUMBER TWO oki game? That is an insane accusation and I hope there's a better reason other than 50/50's. When there are characters like Martian and Wonder Woman and Lantern who have ways to cross up six ways from sunday, go low and overhead as well as be completely safe in the manner, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Hell you're barking in the wrong forest.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Wait, are you seriously implying Catwoman has THE NUMBER TWO oki game? That is an insane accusation and I hope there's a better reason other than 50/50's. When there are characters like Martian and Wonder Woman and Lantern who have ways to cross up six ways from sunday, go low and overhead as well as be completely safe in the manner, then you are barking up the wrong tree. Hell you're barking in the wrong forest.
I'm saying there's a whole oki tier below Bane that she belongs in. Everything she does leads into her knockdown game and she's got overheads, lows and crossups off of just about any touch.

And I'm saying she's probably better than Grundy who has to work harder to even get the knockdown and give up damage and/or better set-ups for his, Flash whose dominance only really shines in the corner, etc. I'd personally put GL and MMH (at least on certain stages) above her but my whole point is the top 5 below Bane is somewhat debatable and she very well could be in it.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I'm saying there's a whole oki tier below Bane that she belongs in. Everything she does leads into her knockdown game and she's got overheads, lows and crossups off of just about any touch.

And I'm saying she's probably better than Grundy who has to work harder to even get the knockdown and give up damage and/or better set-ups for his, Flash whose dominance only really shines in the corner, etc. I'd personally put GL and MMH (at least on certain stages) above her but my whole point is the top 5 below Bane is somewhat debatable and she very well could be in it.
Let me ask my friend, are you typing with a straight face? Because I'd like to believe that wasn't the case. Catwoman's problem, as identified by the people that play her like @GGA 16 Bit, @Laos_boy, and others, is her bad matchups like Aquaman, Bane, MMH and others hold back and limit her approach to being extremely straightforward, for which she has no fast walkspeed or fast dash. At least with Flash and Grundy they have unique tools like an armored grab or an advancing fast special (That's not entirely safe, but an option) to try and get knockdowns. Catwoman does have good enders, which set her in prime locations to do a good mixup and not sacrifice damage; I don't think this can be denied. What I can deny, however, is her ability to get a knockdown when the opponent is fully aware of her options simply because they are not strong in the context of most of the other characters in the game.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
Let me ask my friend, are you typing with a straight face? Because I'd like to believe that wasn't the case. Catwoman's problem, as identified by the people that play her like @GGA 16 Bit, @Laos_boy, and others, is her bad matchups like Aquaman, Bane, MMH and others hold back and limit her approach to being extremely straightforward, for which she has no fast walkspeed or fast dash. At least with Flash and Grundy they have unique tools like an armored grab or an advancing fast special (That's not entirely safe, but an option) to try and get knockdowns. Catwoman does have good enders, which set her in prime locations to do a good mixup and not sacrifice damage; I don't think this can be denied. What I can deny, however, is her ability to get a knockdown when the opponent is fully aware of her options simply because they are not strong in the context of most of the other characters in the game.
Her j2 is just as effective as walking corpse, if not better