What's new

Who is the respective downplayer for each character?

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
We all know that one guy who is known for downplaying his character. Whether it be lack of mixups, terrible normals, no zoning, garbage mobility, no interactable control, grab immune, etc. Who is that person that we can all agree stands out to you when you think of downplaying and a specific character? This list is something that a majority of the community can agree on and is subject to change.
Incomplete list:
Aquaman-
Ares-
Bane-
Batgirl-
Batman-
Black Adam- @Error
Catwoman-
Cyborg-
Deathstroke- @General M2Dave
Doomsday-
Flash-
Green Arrow- @Cossner
Green Lantern- @Fred Marvel
Harley Quinn-
Hawkgirl-
The Joker-
Killer frost- Myles Wright
Lex Luthor-
Lobo- @Cage Redfield
Martian-
Nightwing-
Raven-
Scorpion-
Shazam- @Indecisive
Sinestro- @WoundCowboy
Solomon Grundy- @Billy Dha Kid
Superman-
WoWo- @Hysteria
Zatanna-
Zod- @General M2Dave

Last edited:

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
So I literally just talked about GAs winning MUs on a streamchat and they said I was wrong. I have literally the most positive MU chart for GA (even posted it on eventhubs). And now it turns out I'm a downplayer, for saying MMH and Aquaman are not as bad as people make them to be.

I honestly don't understand this community anymore.

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
So I literally just talked about GAs winning MUs on a streamchat and they said I was wrong. I have literally the most positive MU chart for GA (even posted it on eventhubs). And now it turns out I'm a downplayer, for saying MMH and Aquaman are not as bad as people make them to be.

I honestly don't understand this community anymore.

The community mang. The community.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Are you trying to make a thread that ends badly lol?
Be a good kid and just close this. Theres nothing to be gained from this.

TKB

Noob
He doesn't really 'downplay' DS per se though. He just has a hideously static/arbitrary view of how he should be played.
Uh....???? No lol he is absolutely THE Deathstroke downplayer. No doubting it. He has claimed Deathstroke is a "low mid tier character at best" on multiple occasions.

@Error is definitely the official Black Adam downplayer.

@Hysteria is the official Wonder Woman downplayer.

@Youphemism is the official Batgirl downplayer.

@Billy Dha Kid is the official Grundy downplayer. (The low tiers are hard to pin down because everyone says theyre bad but some say it more than others I guess lol :))

I'll try and think of more.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Uh....???? No lol he is absolutely THE Deathstroke downplayer. No doubting it. He has claimed Deathstroke is a "low mid tier character at best" on multiple occasions.

@Error is definitely the official Black Adam downplayer.

@Hysteria is the official Wonder Woman downplayer.

@Youphemism is the official Batgirl downplayer.

@Billy Dha Kid is the official Grundy downplayer. (The low tiers are hard to pin down because everyone says theyre bad but some say it more than others I guess lol :))

I'll try and think of more.
He drew conclusions on Deathstroke's matchups based on how many options his opponent has for a full screen low. That's more dishonesty than downplaying.