What's new

Who is the most OVERRATED character as of 9/21/2014?

Who is the most OVERRATED character as of 9/21/2014?

• Total voters

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Nobody claims Grundy is top 5. Like, outside of that one guy in that other thread, who I'm pretty sure was trolling (or he's just insane), no one actually claimed this ever, other than @EMPEROR_THEO at some point in 2013.
That guy is claiming it hard enough for me to call him overrated again. One downvote of Grundy viability to cancel one upvote of grundy viability drops him right back around where he belongs on my theoretical scale

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
On the subject of Killer Frost, I think this quote from an anonymous member (not named myleswright, mind you) can sum her up as a bill:

"This char is good. I get it. But she has problems that no frost player can overcome because...well a) their bad and b) She isn't this broke ass bitch.

She. Cant. Get. In.

Her only way in is slide. Not like "lol all she needs to do is slide" like "I'm serious. ALL SHE CAN DO IS SLIDE"

Her forward dash is insanely slow. Her air dash is insanely slow. Her jump attacks are meh. Her walk speed sucks. Her zoning is average. Her footsies are probably bottom 3 in the game. They are fucking nonexistant.

So yes....All that bitch can do is slide and it's on her opponent to figure out how to handle it. Now, she has 1 thing going for her of course and that's risk reward. It's so heavily on her favor that MUs become even or her advantage because of it. But her design is inherently shitty.

She literally doesn't play the fucking game. She either hits you with a slide, or she doesnt. Outside of that she has to open herself up to a parry that if she's wrong she gets fucking bodied. SHE CAN‘T HANDLE JUMP BACK. Characters like Sinestro and Adam probably body her still but everyone is too blind to see it.

Her character design is literally....I'm going to do a bunch of risky shit, and hope that when I'm right I take your entire bar. And she can do that. It's the basis of her game. But as a character she has some fucking nasty problems that no one has overcome, and no one will."

This is a great post.

Killer Frost probably has more losing match ups than anyone knows. She could lose to Bane, Superman, many others. Her beating Sinestro might be the biggest bill in the game as well.

She was hit way harder in the early patches than people thought.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
This is a great post.

Killer Frost probably has more losing match ups than anyone knows. She could lose to Bane, Superman, many others. Her beating Sinestro might be the biggest bill in the game as well.

Did the patches really change how she played fundamentally?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
This is a great post.

There are no good Frost players anymore, so we will never know how good she is. If my Frost is the best, that's a problem lol.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Did the patches really change how she played fundamentally?

Yeah, she lost trait cancel. That was very strong. You had to seriously worry about blocking an air dash in. The damage nerfs added up too. In addition to the scaling on slide she lost the dagger reset. That adds up.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
This is a great post.

Yeah Bane was buffed to the point where he lost 3-7 and now likely 6-4's her. LOL at the Sinestro comment though. So many LOL's in this thread.

Thanks TYM you are all comedians.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I would be very impressed if a Frost could beat Cowboy in a set.
Cowboy's a good player who can overcome 6-4 MU's. My opinions are always based on a character's tool set and has nothing to do with the player. For right or wrong, regardless if anyone agrees or disagrees... but that is how I break a FG down.

Comments how this guy beat another guy with this character in a tournament or how if you can win a FT20 against another good player does not hold much weight when breaking the game down fundamentally.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I just mean he understands the match up and character, probably better than most players let alone Sinestro players. He outfootsies her, he can blow up slide with jump back and he has his own vortex so the vortex factor isn't as strong.. Pretty much the formula for giving her trouble.