What's new

Who is the hardest and/or most technical character to use?

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I think Harley is amongst those. Her combos have more specific timing than majority of the roster, tons of set ups that you need to know if you want to open up the opponent and while her zoning is amazing, you have to be pretty on point with it or risk getting blown up due to its startup(no SM lasers sweeping the damn screen with her), same goes for her Tantrum Stance set ups, none are safe on block

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Lol there is no technical character in this game. It's a pretty easy straightforward game.

But if any i'd say Lex is a character that's hard to use to his full potential.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Sorry. If you want to see what real execution barriers are try playing anime games or even Capcom games.

NRS games have always had low levels of execution compared to other fighters. I personally like this as it forces players to focus more on developing MUs and fundamentals then spending weeks in practice mode trying to master one frame links.
Ive never played those games, is it really totally different than MK or Injustice?

Lol there is no technical character in this game. It's a pretty easy straightforward game.

But if any i'd say Lex is a character that's hard to use to his full potential.
Play Zatanna, Lex, MMH etc and tell me this is the case. (If it is then you are really good at fighting games or I am just bad lol)

Ive never played those games, is it really totally different than MK or Injustice?
They are different in the sense that they revolve more around fighting game fundamentals than Injustice does. This is where Capcom fighters get the "boring" status from. The combos are significantly harder than Injustice and some characters require a stick so you can play them...

Mt Mutombo

Banned
Play Zatanna, Lex, MMH etc and tell me this is the case. (If it is then you are really good at fighting games or I am just bad lol)
I play MMH...besides his zoning everything else is easy. He has like 10 different ways to hard knock you and set you up. He's not a difficult character to use. His zoning is the only thing you really have to use your brain for, and still...it's basically like zoning with shang tsung. Execution wise, his MB grab into b3 is can be bitch, i'll give you that.

Can't comment on Zatanna cause im didn't buy her.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
So do I.

Saying NRS games have a low execution barrier doesnt take anything away from the players, it just means that they have a lot of game specific knowledge along with fundamentals.

That being said, even the easiest of combos can be harder to do under pressure. So there is that.
there is no ridiculous execution required for capcom games, 1 frame links are overrated

sgZick

Noob
Looking at it from haw badly I suck using them I would say, hardest on top:

Lobo
Lex/Joker
MMH
Zod/Catwoman
(not enough Zatanna experience to comment on her)

Lobo is the only character I don't even see how he could possibly have the potential for beining considered any good :-/

there is no ridiculous execution required for capcom games, 1 frame links are overrated
some chars require some heavy ridiculous execution like cammy, ibuki or c viper. unplinkable 1 frame links are also extremely ridiculous.
the thing is it feels great if you can perform their combos in matches and obviously win matches but it requires some practice though.
anyway kof 13 and ST are imho the heaviest execution games.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Umm, MvC2, 3S, some ST characters, Alpha 3 don't register as execution heavy...?

The more difficult characters in this game are probably Zatanna, MMH and Zod. Cyborg's game is more execution-based than it is actually difficult.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Umm, MvC2, 3S, some ST characters, Alpha 3 don't register as execution heavy...?

The more difficult characters in this game are probably Zatanna, MMH and Zod. Cyborg's game is more execution-based than it is actually difficult.
Had sf4 in mind when posting

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Had sf4 in mind when posting
SFIV still has some difficult stuff about it. Viper in her entirety is dedicated to execution, Vega's hitconfirming (up until USFIV) has consisted of 1f jab links, which you CAN'T plink. Gen requires not only complete control over normal xx hands, but the ability to switch back and forth between stances fluidly, and masking the switches. Honda and Chun are the same as far as mash moves, safe jump OSs can be very timing specific...you fuck up on the timing by a frame, it's not safe. Akuma has cancels into ultra 2 from teleport that combo...not easy at all, actually.

At this stage, it actually isn't that easy to just pick up SFIV and go with it.

I think it's flash. I've been working on zatana lately but as far as execution goes, it don't take long to get a handle on connecting her stuff. yea it was tough at first but that's with any character. But I haven't played an actual vs human match yet and I don't think she would be that easy to use then.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Dash EWGF is hard, too. Also, Tekken's movement is execution-based, lol.
i play kazuya and have practiced and learned ALL ewgf variations except lightdash and PEWGF, the execution is overrated when i ts not those 2 and lightdash is unneeded.