What's new

Who is going to be the last five returned characters on MKX

Bugman

Noob
well a lot of characters do deserve to be in MKX of my opinion but we all don't know until Ed Boon reveal another characters in a short period of time.

Dust

Iron Dragon
I hate to break it to you, but i'm pretty sure Kano will be back.

Can't wait to see stances utilising his cybernetic eye. BALD KANO IS COMING BACK.
As a fan of the original heart ripper I imagine a 55+ year old Kano with a now bald and mostly cybernetic look could be very bad ass.

Bugman

Noob
i hope its more than 8 returning characters. i hope at least half the roster is returning characters. where are you getting this information?
I just heard that it suppose to be 8 returned characters from MK9 but I really hope that it could be more then 8 characters returned.

OSpliffySmitheeyO

tym_smitheey
I just heard that it suppose to be 8 returned characters from MK9 but I really hope that it could be more then 8 characters returned.
Actually, according to a recent leak, though not sure how solid it is, we will be getting 14 new characters, 8 characters from mk9 (mk1-mk3) and then another 8 characters from games after that (mk4-mkd) making a original roster of 30, without dlc. That being said the only character that I would be heartbroken about not returning would be skarlet. They could easily weave her into the new storyline, so fingers crossed.

Bugman

Noob
Actually, according to a recent leak, though not sure how solid it is, we will be getting 14 new characters, 8 characters from mk9 (mk1-mk3) and then another 8 characters from games after that (mk4-mkd) making a original roster of 30, without dlc. That being said the only character that I would be heartbroken about not returning would be skarlet. They could easily weave her into the new storyline, so fingers crossed.
The characters from MK4 and MKDA that I think is going to be on MKX is: Shinnok, Fujin, Tanya, Reiko, Bo Rai Cho, Kenshi, Li Mei, Drahmin.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
While this may possibly be true, many people feel like the return number is too small because they are looking at it incorrectly.

Characters like Quan Chi and Kenshi won't count the same way Raiden and Scorpion do. They will be part of the "returning MK4 and after category".

-It will be more like Raiden, Sub, Scorp, 5 more characters from the old era.

-Quan Chi, Kenshi, 6 more characters from the whack era.

-14 new characters. Some brand new and fresh like D'vorah, some legacy or successors like Cassie Cage.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Baraka - tarkatan rep/outworld rep/unique hidden arm blades rep lol
Mileena - female ninja rep/outworld rep/sex appeal
Liu Kang - good turned evil role
Ermac - evil turned good role
Old Man Cage - for lulz

That's my guess.

Bugman

Noob
quan and kenshi should still be considered returning characters IMO.
if this is true however my guesses are
Mk 1-3 Mk4-Mk:d
1. Mileena Quan chi
2. Reptile Kenshi
3. Kano Tanya
4. Skarlett Shinnok
5. Rain Bo' Rai Cho
6. Raiden Reiko
7. Subzero Kai
8. Scorpion Li Mei
I like that there a huge chance that these characters that you list will be in MKX

Dust

Iron Dragon
quan and kenshi should still be considered returning characters IMO.
if this is true however my guesses are

Mk 1-3
1. Mileena
2. Reptile
3. Kano
4. Skarlett
5. Rain
6. Raiden
7. Subzero
8. Scorpion

mk 4- mk d
1. Quan chi
2. Kenshi
3. Tanya
4. Shinnok
5. Bo' Rai Cho
6.Reiko
7. Kai
8. Li Mei

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Let's do the math.
(This is a long read, by the way, you may need a snack.)

Already Back In:
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden.

Definitely Still Alive:
Kintaro, Goro, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Baraka, Cyrax, Ermac, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Mileena, Reptile, Rain, Sektor, Sheeva, Skarlet, Sonya Blade.

Definitely Dead At This Particular Moment:
Jax, Jade, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Smoke, Stryker.

Up For Debate:
Noob Saibot.

Now, any and all hypotheses that could be rendered at this point, however convoluted or mind-blowing they may be, are made completely and utterly circumstantial until we get more info about the impending new story/how it's going to coexist with the mythos of old, due to one simple fact: Sub-Zero is already in rotation. Which means that potentially anyone, alive or dead, could have the door opened to slip back in for their piece of the pie. But it would still be easy enough to build the new story while still keeping the old one intact.

In my opinion...this is what I would see as my ideal outcome, not counting any eventual DLC, and assuming that the aforementioned math is right and there will only be 8 of the original MK9 lineup returning (which if we're looking at 14 new characters and a total starting roster of 30 leaves 8 spaces for anyone from the MK4-MKA timeline to be woven in) :
-Shinnok gets in. That's a given. That's one for the New 8, makes it 3-1.
-I expect this mass of new story direction to give a lot of left-out characters room to contribute to the tale in some important manner or another.
-Pick one of the next-gen characters for every realm of the Six, since each one had what I guess you'd call a top character out of the newer cast members, like someone who was most important to that particular place. Fujin, Ashrah, Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Hotaru, Tanya. That's seven altogether. And for number 8, you add in the one guy destined to travel them all: Shujinko. There's your new-gen 8, all of whom played the most significant roles out of everyone during that particular run of games.
-If we're still planning to cement on top of said run of games, there are only two people on the entire list of the dead or missing that play any irreplaceably significant role in the story that couldn't be filtered into backstory or cutscene ammunition: Liu Kang and Sindel.
-Liu's demise is what set the entire Deadly Alliance angle into motion; almost everything that happened throughout was an effect stemming from him being double teamed and dispatched. They brought the motherfucker back from the dead just to give him a shot at zombie revenge. The way he was disposed of in MK9, literally having to sit there and watch your most revered and trusted protector doom all of mankind and bring about the death of every person you cared for, and then have to die (and end up imprisoned by Quan Chi, because remember, the deal he made with Khan says EVERYONE who dies in the conflict is his to enslave, so he's already Quan's to start) with all of that on your conscience and not get to live to see Raiden turn out to be right...I'm making the easy call and saying Kang gets back in as your new cutthroat villain, and that Quan Chi doesn't get in because his creation kills his creator, steals his power, and teams up with Shinnok to bring about Deadly Alliance Ver. 2.
-Sindel gets back in simply because Edenia's going to need a leader, I don't see any of the other ladies being revived over her, and her "oh god what have I done" face turn would make for great cinematics and better story. That's five out of eight.
-The Baraka VS Mileena storyline I predict is going to be turned into story fodder so as to leave them both out since they're too busy trying to destroy each other.
-Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade having a kid that encompasses both of their styles leaves having either pointless.
-Kano I think is gonna get the wrong end of karma and get turned into a Dragon by Daegon like he was supposed to in MKA.
-I cannot for the life of me envision a way Sheeva gets in.

(That leaves 4 originals and 3 DLC: Kenshi, Reptile, Rain, Sektor, Skarlet, Cyrax, and Ermac.)

-Ermac gets in. He's the only character out of the pile with a really important part to play in getting control of his own being, which will likely lead to Kenshi being relegated to his story mode sidekick, since Shang Tsung staying dead undoes his only important task to accomplish throughout the 3D storyline.
-Reptile gets in because he's fucking Reptile, and I think if they turned him into Onaga again, it'd make for a really interesting Oni boss.
-I'm completely torn on who gets the last spot. Any on the 4 of them could make for a great addition, especially with the implementation of the 3 styles. Sektor could invade with the Tekunin horde, Rain could overthrow Tanya and Sindel or whoever's in charge and lead a revolt, Cyrax could go all good guy zen and restore order to the Lin Kuei...but I think all three of them (especially Cyrax given how much chaos he caused in MK9's metagame) are going to be left aside in favor or giving Skarlet room to be expanded on and explored.

So...if the new character total is 14, that leaves this as my Top 16:

Returning From MK9: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Reptile, Ermac, Liu Kang, Sindel, Skarlet.
Returning from MK4-MKA: Shinnok, Fujin, Ashrah, Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Hotaru, Tanya, Shujinko.

/Theory.

Dust

Iron Dragon
Returning From MK9: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Reptile, Ermac, Liu Kang, Sindel, Skarlet.
Returning from MK4-MKA: Shinnok, Fujin, Ashrah, Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Hotaru, Tanya, Shujinko.

/Theory.
My guess is that subzero in MKX is son of Frost and a Lin Kuei (possibly Sektor) and not the previous 2 sub zeros.

I think Jarrod(ermac) could be a ruler of
Edenia with out Sindel plus prince Rain could take over =D.

I love the order vs chaos realm thing but i doubt their
involvement at this point and would like it to focus on EarthRealm/NetherRealm/Outworld. just a guess.

Bugman

Noob
Let's do the math.
(This is a long read, by the way, you may need a snack.)

Already Back In:
Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden.

Definitely Still Alive:
Kintaro, Goro, Shinnok, Quan Chi, Baraka, Cyrax, Ermac, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kenshi, Mileena, Reptile, Rain, Sektor, Sheeva, Skarlet, Sonya Blade.

Definitely Dead At This Particular Moment:
Jax, Jade, Kabal, Kitana, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Shang Tsung, Sindel, Smoke, Stryker.

Up For Debate:
Noob Saibot.

Now, any and all hypotheses that could be rendered at this point, however convoluted or mind-blowing they may be, are made completely and utterly circumstantial until we get more info about the impending new story/how it's going to coexist with the mythos of old, due to one simple fact: Sub-Zero is already in rotation. Which means that potentially anyone, alive or dead, could have the door opened to slip back in for their piece of the pie. But it would still be easy enough to build the new story while still keeping the old one intact.

In my opinion...this is what I would see as my ideal outcome, not counting any eventual DLC, and assuming that the aforementioned math is right and there will only be 8 of the original MK9 lineup returning (which if we're looking at 14 new characters and a total starting roster of 30 leaves 8 spaces for anyone from the MK4-MKA timeline to be woven in) :
-Shinnok gets in. That's a given. That's one for the New 8, makes it 3-1.
-I expect this mass of new story direction to give a lot of left-out characters room to contribute to the tale in some important manner or another.
-Pick one of the next-gen characters for every realm of the Six, since each one had what I guess you'd call a top character out of the newer cast members, like someone who was most important to that particular place. Fujin, Ashrah, Havik, Bo Rai Cho, Hotaru, Tanya. That's seven altogether. And for number 8, you add in the one guy destined to travel them all: Shujinko. There's your new-gen 8, all of whom played the most significant roles out of everyone during that particular run of games.
-If we're still planning to cement on top of said run of games, there are only two people on the entire list of the dead or missing that play any irreplaceably significant role in the story that couldn't be filtered into backstory or cutscene ammunition: Liu Kang and Sindel.
-Liu's demise is what set the entire Deadly Alliance angle into motion; almost everything that happened throughout was an effect stemming from him being double teamed and dispatched. They brought the motherfucker back from the dead just to give him a shot at zombie revenge. The way he was disposed of in MK9, literally having to sit there and watch your most revered and trusted protector doom all of mankind and bring about the death of every person you cared for, and then have to die (and end up imprisoned by Quan Chi, because remember, the deal he made with Khan says EVERYONE who dies in the conflict is his to enslave, so he's already Quan's to start) with all of that on your conscience and not get to live to see Raiden turn out to be right...I'm making the easy call and saying Kang gets back in as your new cutthroat villain, and that Quan Chi doesn't get in because his creation kills his creator, steals his power, and teams up with Shinnok to bring about Deadly Alliance Ver. 2.
-Sindel gets back in simply because Edenia's going to need a leader, I don't see any of the other ladies being revived over her, and her "oh god what have I done" face turn would make for great cinematics and better story. That's five out of eight.
-The Baraka VS Mileena storyline I predict is going to be turned into story fodder so as to leave them both out since they're too busy trying to destroy each other.
-Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade having a kid that encompasses both of their styles leaves having either pointless.
-Kano I think is gonna get the wrong end of karma and get turned into a Dragon by Daegon like he was supposed to in MKA.
-I cannot for the life of me envision a way Sheeva gets in.

(That leaves 4 originals and 3 DLC: Kenshi, Reptile, Rain, Sektor, Skarlet, Cyrax, and Ermac.)

-Ermac gets in. He's the only character out of the pile with a really important part to play in getting control of his own being, which will likely lead to Kenshi being relegated to his story mode sidekick, since Shang Tsung staying dead undoes his only important task to accomplish throughout the 3D storyline.
-Reptile gets in because he's fucking Reptile, and I think if they turned him into Onaga again, it'd make for a really interesting Oni boss.
-I'm completely torn on who gets the last spot. Any on the 4 of them could make for a great addition, especially with the implementation of the 3 styles. Sektor could invade with the Tekunin horde, Rain could overthrow Tanya and Sindel or whoever's in charge and lead a revolt, Cyrax could go all good guy zen and restore order to the Lin Kuei...but I think all three of them (especially Cyrax given how much chaos he caused in MK9's metagame) are going to be left aside in favor or giving Skarlet room to be expanded on and explored.

/Theory.
Whaoo that a lot of list but you do got a point there but some of these characters won't comeback at all.

OSpliffySmitheeyO

tym_smitheey
Even though I had to stop for several cigarette breaks in between you huge post, and now all I see Is yellow, I liked it, lol :) you've given a lot of thought, which is good to see as opposed to " this character is going to be in it because I like them nonsense"
@OSpliffySmitheeyO

Lol I'm not pointing at you bro, it's just that stupid leak is responsible for all this crazy speculation
It's cool Marios, it's all speculation at this point anyways, plus I know your ass doesn't want to believe it because jade isn't mentioned ;)