What's new

Who is going to be the last five returned characters on MKX

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Indeed, MKA was sort of a dream match too, but i wouldn't mind if after the MKX sequel, the next MK to be a dream match.

Imagine all chars from MK9, MKX and MK11 all together in a fighting game, holy shit.
Wow that would just be too incredible. My future self explodes just by the thought of it. Lol

returning From MK9:

for sure:
-Subzero
-scorpion
-Raiden
-Ermac
-Rain
-Quan Chi
-Baraka

MAYBE:
Mileena
Noob
reptile
sektor
cyrax

Not returning for sure in my opinion:
Jax
Smoke
Sonya
johny cage (they have been replaced with their daughter) she has a mix of their moves
Night wolf
sindel
jade
kitana
Skarlet
Sheeva
Shao Kanh
Kitana
Kaval
striker
shang tsu
liu kang
kung lao

Returning from mk4-mkD:
Shinnok(kind of obvious because of the ending in mk9)
Tanya(most requested)
Onaga

Popular but even though i like them, I don't seE them returning:
Fujin -
Reiko - (Because only 1 mk4 character is returning according to Boon )
Kai -

Frost
Ashar
Havik

The choices are made based on the relationship that each characters have with each other but mostly with the characters that are confirmed or have a big chance of returning
for example:
- Tanya who helped Shinnok by opening a portal
- Sareena the other 2 girls who work for Quan chi
-Onaga and shinnok who met in the underworld and exchange favors
-Subzero's "death" and Noob his brother
Popularity is a big factor! Don't count out Mileena, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Smoke, Skarlet, Fujin, or Reiko. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these characters return.

I'm going to try and stick to facts-as weak as they are.

Being alive, though not determining, is a plus. It's one bit harder to coherently revive a character than not to. Johnny and Sonya will have to be modeled to some extent to be present in the story. Yes, their daughter is a mixture of them both.
Don't you think they could still make both of them with little changes in their gameplay? When on earth has Sonya called for missiles? Or shot a gun? The only similar move is the take-down, which she only got in the last game, and a (backwards) flip.
Boon said about fatalitites "someone said; what are we going to do about fatalitites on family members? And I said, oh, I haven't thought about that, we're probably going to have them anyway (the fatalitites on family members)".

We've had Sindel and Kitana. Two Sub-Zero brothers and so on. So even if they're in, he's not talking about them. He's talking about earthrealm heroes, humans killing their daughter. (mother/father/wife). Keep in mind this was said while presenting Cassie. Why would you pay attention to his words, you may ask. Because "Sub-Zero A might be a good matchup for Raiden B".

They're alive. They aren't similar enough to Cassie, especially Sonya. They are already in the story. They could be as young as 26 and 30 or as old as 51 and 55 or anything in between. They are both extremely popular. (I believe, at least quite popular, from the original seven).

That's why I think at least Sonya will be playable.

eddsol

Noob
Popularity is a big factor! Don't count out Mileena, Kitana, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Smoke, Skarlet, Fujin, or Reiko. I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these characters return.
Popularity it is important but you guys need to understand that if it was all about Popularity, we would have another MK1-mk3

In my Opinion Only character that relate to the story and other returning and new characters, should come back

why bring back Liu Kang, Shan Tsu, Shao kanh etc......

The new characters and returning characters need a chance to prove themselves.
they should have Personality, unique and interesting outlook and have some kind of importance in the story line.

The main focus should not be the main characters we always see. Its time to create new iconic characters and move on.

RemainSolid

It don’t always be like it is... but it do.
I'm sure Shinnok & Quan Chi will be in MKX. If they're in I think Tanya would & should definitely be in.

Plop

Noob
I'm surprised so many people think Baraka will be back. Don't get me wrong, I love Baraka. He's always been one of my favorite characters. NRS never really showed him much love though. I think it's about time they fleshed out his storyline a bit more.

Anyway, the ones I think are most likely are
Quan chi
Ermac or Reptile (not sure which, but probably not both)
Kenshi
Mileena or Skarlet
Smoke (but Robo-Smoke, not human Smoke)

I'm telling you now MKX is going to suck dick if only 8 characters are returning or if new characters outnumber fan favorites. Game will fail.

Shang has to be in it! So far the returning characters are the ones from MK1. And Shang could be the returning big bad that not everyone can see coming, that would actually make sense - MK would come full circle from MK1 to MKX and the biggest baddy could be the one who was considered as such before the plot was developed and he became just a lackey to the main baddy)))
Or he and Liu switch roles like in his MK9 ending, either way Shang Tsung needs to be in it, he is MK.
And before someone says that he is dead, you can't really kill him. Both Sub-Zeros were dead at the end of MK9, and he is still in!

Bugman

Noob
The game is going to be good and epic but I just hope in pray that Ed Boon and Netherrealm Studios fix the online network so that everybody would enjoy it.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Kano was leaked so only 4 slots left! My guesses are:

Reptile
Mileena
Quan Chi
Ermac... Maybe?

Anyone else feel like there will be characters returning from MK9 but they won't be playable? Like Sektor, Cyrax, Sonya, and Johnny?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
That what I heard.
Heard it where? Sounds like you just made that # up, brother Bug.
Post a link to the article, tweet or video where it's CONFIRMED (look it up*) that there are only 8 returning playable MK9 characters - or I call bullshit on this whole thread.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Anyone who thinks there's really only going to be 8 returning characters is out of their mind.

I'd also bet on the DLC being mostly returning characters. Any super popular character who doesn't make the default roster will be added as DLC even if they don't make sense in the story.

Anyone who thinks there's really only going to be 8 returning characters is out of their mind.

I'd also bet on the DLC being mostly returning characters. Any super popular character who doesn't make the default roster will be added as DLC even if they don't make sense in the story.
This.

People need to stop buying every silly "leaked info" that floats around. Especially from MKO users..