What's new

Who in your opinion is the best character in the entire game ?

Who is the best character in the entire game?

• Total voters

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Perhaps it's lao but quan chi summoner still seems the most ridiculous to me. I don't see how people can think characters like cassie or pred are better when QC does what they do but better and in one character no less...
I guess we're the only ones who thinks quan chi is the best RIP quan chi nerfs

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Lao, Shinnok, Summoner and sorcerer Quan are all dumb and annoying. I say we need all of them to be nerfto "Forgot They existed" tier aka Jason tier characters and forget about them and we all play Mileena and Ex roll together.
SORCERER QUAN CHI?!!!Wtf?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So? First of all the top tiers in this game only need extremely minor adjustments. I even have 2 univeral adjustments that would almost normalize all of them fairly, so top tier using players would not have to relearn their characters at all. Lol that's such an ass pull, baseless, and unjustified argument. And to further disprove your point, as I've said, the low and mid tier characters would require many more changes that would in many cases be much more drastic and less obvious in terms of why they would need to be made specifically. So by your logic, not only would people who play low tier characters have to spend tons of time relearning them, but it would take even more time than it would for top tier character players to relearn their characters if they were nerfed, which makes your argument moot on all levels.
I didn't write enough for you to misread it. It was just two sentences.

So, how did that nerfing work out for Raiden?

Singular tweaks to characters can go a very long way. Just make those singular tweaks matter just a little for mid-tier characters - and make them matter a lot low tier characters. We all know the difference between a minor boost and a game-changer, so stop with trying to make it look impossible. You're not speaking to the uninformed.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
I think Kung Lao shouldn't be nerfed at all. His hat spin is -3 on block anyone can poke out easily if timed correctly.
Exactly. Nerfing Lao at this point won't change anything because of his design. It's like trying to have a lion domesticated and training it to be a house pet at birth. But at the end of the day it's still a 500lbs killing machine because he is programmed as such.

xXxNasHxXx

Mighty Champion of EarthRealm
Exactly. Nerfing Lao at this point won't change anything because of his design. It's like trying to have a lion domesticated and training it to be a house pet at birth. But at the end of the day it's still a 500lbs killing machine because he is programmed as such.
Lol... yeah bro... people need to understand how to counter him first rather than asking for nerfs...

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Why is everyone on kung Laos dick right now. Yeah he is good. But what you should realize no matter how much you nerf him or alter him tweak him or whatever he is and will always be top 5 by design. With all the bull shit in the game right now lao shouldn't even be whispered about outside of j2. He is the most honest top tier character in the game right now. Like seriously if you get opened up by Lao that's on you. Wait till some broke DLC character appears then it will be like "who can save us?" Lao going to be like "*sips tea* that's none of my biz naz"
Lao is not the most honest top tier, Jax is

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but I have this same problem with Cassie lol.. I understand in theory how good she is and yet.. when I try to take my game online... i lose more than i win. FML
Im dead serious unfortunately. . . i cry a little inside when people say he's a helmet character

aieches

#freeHomelee2016

just takes a special kinda love mate..

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Why is everyone on kung Laos dick right now. Yeah he is good. But what you should realize no matter how much you nerf him or alter him tweak him or whatever he is and will always be top 5 by design.
You're underestimating what can people come up with. Few hitbox tweaks can potentially destroy him. A couple of negative frames here and there can do that as well.

There is no such thing as "top 5 by concept" (there may be, however, "top 5 impossible to play against without knowing MU"), literally everything can be ruined, as well as it's very easy to make a nobrain murder machine. That's why he shouldn't be touched without consideration.

Although I'm more in the camp of "some characters need MU-specific tweaks to fight Tempest on more or less equal ground".

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Tempest Kung Lao is extremely versatile and can adapt to pretty much any situation. Summoner Quan Chi is a turd in his own right because you have to play his dumb guessing game which you can block it, but it's difficult.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I think Kung Lao shouldn't be nerfed at all. His hat spin is -3 on block anyone can poke out easily if timed correctly.
Nah fuck that why should your only option be a timed poke for someone like Lao to block a poke because that's the worst he has to fear and then it's his turn again

It needs to be atleast minus 5 so most chars can actually use their standing normals and not make a read without worrying about being D4'd and beat his instant Divekick gimmick and backdash too

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Pre patch Tanya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look at her pre patch teleport. It's used for everything: footsie, pressure, wakeup, mixup, zoning, anti zoning, offense, defense.....I wish they didn't nerf her:DOGE

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
My vote goes to Lao, but Quan is a close second, if not even.

inb4 someone says Mileena because they can't block ball roll online.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Grandmaster Sub-Zero does pretty well against Tempest Lao. My personal opinion is Quan Chi.

Matix218

Get over here!
It's possible that Kung Lao isn't top 3
I find that very unlikely. I know you are a better player than I am and you know the game very well but I just can't see Lao the way he is now not being in the top 3. You could make the argument currently that Quan may be number 1 and even that tanya pressure may put her at #1 but even if those turn out to be true I cant see Lao not being (at worst) third in the current build of mkx. I personally think he is #1 right now.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Wow, surprised Kung Lao took this so easily over Quan.

Quan is broke in my opinion. Kung Lao best in the game being a pressure character is pretty hypocritical of TYM with all the rage about 50/50's.

Cassie still being upplayed despite not seeing the results even to this day baffles me.
The thing is, there's still no shortage of 50/50s in the top tier -- and KL having an overwhelming amount of tools and options won't change that fact.

In addition KL, has his own guessing game; even if it's not high vs. low. But overall yeah, there should be no debate at this stage about where 50/50s stand in the game.

Last edited: