What's new

Who do you owe credit to for being as good as you are at fighting games?

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
My uncle and my older cousin. Because I was trained by two people with two different philosophies, I have never had the mindset to just respect one fighting style. Each one has merit, each one should be respected. Not only that, the training allowed me to embrace and learn those styles and use them throughout all the games I've played, especially if the character i like is designed to be played a certain way.I love having that much versatility in my gaming journey.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Krayzie and my brother are far and away the largest reason I've gotten even half as far as I did in fighting games. Krayzie passed on whatever insight he learned to me, and I took it and ran with it. My brother also learned from Krayzie, and ever since, we pretty much pushed each other to get better. Me and my brother were the MIT/DJT of the pre-MK9 days around here. :p

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
The people that helped me the most go way back to SF2 and MK1/MK2/KI days:

Odysseus - My childhood training partner. We played mostly SF2 from WW to ST and every now and then I got him to play MK2 with me. Once Tekken 2 came out we played that through TTT. Every weekend at the arcade for years.

Marvin Malohi - The guy who taught me never to jump. We played MK1 and MK2 at the arcades a TON always putting up streaks.

Parker and Tony from Nickelcade in Taylorsville, Utah - When this thing opened it was next to a bowling alley and they had seven MK2 machines... all of them packed. We hung out there from open to close several days a week playing MK1/2/3/U, KI, VF2, SF2HF/ST, and even Primal Rage!

Shock - He helped me finally get over my scrubby ways after the many attempts by Tom Brady during my time with MKDA were misunderstood lol

I basically grew up in an arcade.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
PTH. PTH. PTH.
Khaotik, Lulzlou BDMAo, Flipinflava, Aquman, srryimwhite, Blackula and all the homies at CFAS in NoVa

and KevoDaMan gave me the gift of mental grit...tough as nails

astronout was always too free for me though

Also, shoutouts to the many East Coast Tournies that helped me level up. Thats Shock, Phil, Andrew and the bunch of awesome dudes in the tri-state area that organize all the fun stuff

I owe TYM, but I mostly owe the NorCal scene. I only knew stuff from online and in our first two sessions they fixed me and taught me a hell of a lot. Best training partners ever. Thanks gaiz <3

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Everyone in the nw scene. I came up there 2 years ago as an online warrior and got my ass kicked in casuals.
They could of laughed at me and sent me home, instead Jimmy Potato actually taught me how to beat him. The next day it payed off because i made top 8 by beating jimmys kitanna. Dink, Kevin, potato, and Mcnasty are the nicest guys in the scene.
I woudnt of placed at all had they not levelled me up. I feel like i can compete anywhere now

Elias

Noob
Roberto Lorenzo Chuapoco III. Helped me lean MK and have been playing fighting games ever since.
Xbox live: ChronoCrunk