What's new

Which character would "realistically" win a fighting tournament in "real life"?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
It was always said that Hulk's power level cannot be measured because it is fueled by his anger and rage. And since you cant limit anger and range, i believe that his power is indeed limitless. In WWH everyone he beat was weaker than him, despite the writer, except Doctor Strange, the Juggernaut and GR. The battle with Sentry is veeeeery controversial because if Void was in charge i really dont know what could have happened. Hulk has been shown that he can take on the Void though and since WWH is his strongest version atm, i believe it could have been a really good fight. As for Thor vs the Hulk, we really dont know how it would go, since their strongest versions havent fought yet.
See I agree, and disagree. The term "mad with rage" basically applies here, once you become SO mad and SO angry you simply cant just get any angrier. It doesnt make sense that one can get infinitely more angry. You know what I mean?

But they do that with a lot of characters. THORs never shown any limits either, Superman hasnt, WW hasnt, DD hasnt.

Sorry Earths mightiest mortal can take down supes this injustice storyline is just garbage, I can pull all the stats but he is as strong or stronger than Supes or Adam, also if he is in his Rock of eternity mode its game over. None of the chumps your mentioned have the skills to take him out of his Shazam form so + 1 to Billy Batson.
I agree, Superman definitely loses to BA/Shazam. Magic > Superman.

basically what im seeing

grrr - defeated

ok this shit is serious now - defeat

ok this shit is REALLY serious now - defeated

add more REALLYs until this thread is either locked or the fanboys stop posting.

^^^ This guy needs to calm down, or go away, either would be okay with everyone.

Those scans show an over confident WW fighting doomsday while talking shit the entire time.

Does that look like this same WW?

Everyone remember gods are immortal as well. Immortality doesn't save you from a good ass whooping. But like I said if you wanna bring god mode DD (defeating the end of time) then shouldn't we be allowed to do the same?

Defeating a god is no simple task. I promise you.

It is funny/annoying how people like WW, THOR, Superman often go in cocky and acting like a fool and not using the full extent of their abilities when fighting someone that is bad and very powerful.

Its just shitty writing, like how the Power Rangers every episode got their asses handed to them until they decided to combine their weapons on the ground... or form the megazord and use their super sword attack or w/e. I think most of the writers today, and in the past, grew up watching shitty shows like that and put that typical arc into their stories.

WW should always go full godmode on people like DD, or use her gauntlets of atlas. Stupid writing is stupid.

I agree 100% with Deyrax here, couldnt have said it better (except from the swearing... come on man we are having a discussion here). DD is immune to mind control so the lasso, which can mind control, is not of use. And yes the Mother Box sword, that was the name of the sword Superman used to cut DD and he was healed within seconds. Lex Luthor II, go and research Entropy (its the end of time), i mentioned it in one of my previous posts. DD survived that. I highly doubt that WW can survive the end of everything. The Guardians, backed up by an army of thousand GL's are A LOT more powerful than WW for sure. DD also survived against them.

Magic will work against him once. After that he will adapt. Secondly has WW ever managed to hit the Flash? I dont think so. DD has, numerous times. Also yes, original DD is not kryptonian. He is an experiment created on prehistoric Krypton. Just because Superman is weak against magic doesnt mean DD is as well. And yes the DC Greek Gods are NOTHING like their Marvel counterparts (just check Marvel's version of Zeus). And in terms of fighting DD is much more unpredictable than WW. We have seen that numerous times in the comics in general.

As i said before, you give WW too much credit. Just because she can hurt Superman, doesnt mean she can hurt DD. DD can heal on his own, Superman needs the sun to do that. Point being Superman is restricted, DD is not.
Its not like magic will only work against him "once". He doesnt adapt to all forms of things that hurt him after one hit or attack. He doesnt instantly become immune the second after it hurts him.

Since DD can be cut badly, impaled right?, by magic, then cut off his head. Or use the gauntlets and rip him apart, or at the very least manhandle him.

Still, no instance of him ever adapting or being resistant to magic [the mind control thing was not because he resisted it, he didnt resist it, it was because he has no mind, its just rage, theres nothing there to convince of anything], as almost all DC characters are NOT resistant to magic, only a select few... means that he likely isnt immune to magic [as we know already] and theres no reason we should assume his abilities [which arent magic in nature at all] somehow BECOME magic in nature allowing him to resist the magic of the gods. The only way to resist magic is through magic in DC.

Makes sense. Which is good, makes DD a little more vulnerable and less God.

This is one of the greatest all-time posts. I wish I could like it 500x.

I love it when, "How about you read a comic book and then come back and talk," is the tough-talk in a thread, lol. Then the ending part, "Its okay... you probably have a life."

My gosh, there is some hardcore nerdom going on here. Yeah! Keep it up!
;)

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Still no instance of him adapting to magic, just lke still no instance of ww ever beating DD. Still no different argument than "she can use her weapons!!11!!!".

Talking with idiots just makes my own IQ decrease so I'm out, just like all the guys from 20 pages earlier.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Still no instance of him adapting to magic, just lke still no instance of ww ever beating DD. Still no different argument than "she can use her weapons!!11!!!".

Talking with idiots just makes my own IQ decrease so I'm out, just like all the guys from 20 pages earlier.
Nobody cares.

Sh@zAM

Magics what I'm all about !
Yah they kind of under powered GL in the new 52, if he can't even slow them down, they made him look like a pussy.

Reedoms

Noob
Yah they kind of under powered GL in the new 52, if he can't even slow them down, they made him look like a pussy.
It's the same "powerful in their own book but an idiot outside of it" syndrome thats been going on for years. In reality, Wonder Woman shouldn't have been able to do shit to him in Justice League since by that point in time Hal had been a GL through everything up to Brightest Day and the ensuing War of the Green Lanterns meaning he's gone through the Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, and killing a Guardian. I'm guessing Johns just wanted some 'conflict' and decided to forget that even though he was writing GL at the time.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
It's the same "powerful in their own book but an idiot outside of it" syndrome thats been going on for years. In reality, Wonder Woman shouldn't have been able to do shit to him in Justice League since by that point in time Hal had been a GL through everything up to Brightest Day and the ensuing War of the Green Lanterns meaning he's gone through the Anti-Monitor, Superboy Prime, and killing a Guardian. I'm guessing Johns just wanted some 'conflict' and decided to forget that even though he was writing GL at the time.
You do know that New 52 is a reboot right? And Infinite Crisis never happened in the reboot, so the whole Superboy Prime, and Anti monitor never happened. and the new Justice, the first issues were when they were first starting their career. Hence why none of them knew each other besides Barry and Hal. So Hal actually not being that good with his ring makes sense. So why exactly are you bitching now?

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
How in the world is he ripping Plastic Man apart? Martian Manhunter couldn't even do that as a Burning Martian and that's way stronger than Doomsday should ever be.
Doomsday is the product of terrible writing for a terrible character.

Reedoms

Noob
You do know that New 52 is a reboot right? And Infinite Crisis never happened in the reboot, so the whole Superboy Prime, and Anti monitor never happened. and the new Justice, the first issues were when they were first starting their career. Hence why none of them knew each other besides Barry and Hal. So Hal actually not being that good with his ring makes sense. So why exactly are you bitching now?
Green Lantern had nothing about it's backstory changed other than some time compression to fit the whole 'no heroes before 5 years ago.' The issue I'm talking about in Justice League is after the 5 year timeskip because Hal leaves immediately after that because he was discharged from the corps and Baz shows up. I'm bitching cause Johns for some reason doesn't want to write JL and is doing some of his worst work on it.

EnergyKD

AKA KHAOTIC Zeus
Disagree, she's a better skilled fighter and faster, and her sword would cut him like a normal sword would a human.

Still, its why I put BA/Shazam at number 2, slightly behind WW and in front of Superman/Doomsday.
I disagree her sword would not cut BA like a normal human, it wouldnt cut him at all if it didnt work with Captain Thunder (alternate universe Shazam)

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I disagree her sword would not cut BA like a normal human, it wouldnt cut him at all if it didnt work with Captain Thunder (alternate universe Shazam)

Sent from my LG-MS840 using Tapatalk 2
It would cut him the same as a normal sword, likely, but not like a knife through butter like with Superman. As that is what it does versus all of the other gods... gods which Shazam/BAs power is based on.

Clark

Hides behind armor
The Flash. Can beat any mortal hero, and for those that are immortal (Doomsday, etc) he can just run so fast that he travels back in time and stops the events leading to that hero's/villain's creation. Zero contest, it's the Flash.

Zanza098

Noob
been waiting for someo
If we are talking about comics, have you read A Trial By Fire JLA 84-89? A former vilainess Scorch helps Martian Manhunter to defeat his fear of Fire which opens up his genetic memory ( it is actaully explained that Martians were ones a savage race called Burning, they were destroying everything with fire, they were so dangerous that Guardians of Galaxy had to put the fear of fire into their genetic memory and split them into white and green races). A new persona called Fernus came from J'on's subconscious. It didn't have Jon's morals so it began to use his powers without holding back. He manipulated the whole planet (made all batman's villains sane again, put Lex US President into coma and stopped most political conflicts) used his shapeshifting, strengh, speed martian vision and invisibility so that no one in the league(even all of them together) could match him physically (he also was able to creat artificial kryptonite and use his phasing powers to phase people into matter, so it became part of them), mindraped the whole League, including Wonder Woman, Superman and Flash. Only when batman brought Plastic Man who can not be mind controlled and uses shape shifting in a more creative way than MMH and was able to physically distract him long enough for one group of the league to break from his control and fight him and for the other group of heros to travel into his subconscious and free Jon's persona, they finally were able to take Fernus down.
In other comics Doomsday did beat MMH but again using his weakness to fire, and it was stated that MMH can copy anybody down to their DNA (it was actaully stated when he was scanning Diana AKA Wonder Woman and was able to turn his body into exact duplicate of her). That means he can get as strong as Doomsday ( his main power is His super adaptation which is controlled through DNA). And through his telepathy he can get all the information, knowledge, experience,memories to perfectly copy not only body but mind as well. This was extended even to souls, as it was once explained that MMH was holding all the souls of the deceased martians in his because their race had such strong connection and now he has a strong connection to subconscious of the whole planet earth. Not to mention that he can creat illusory realities for one to live in.
In current New 52 I beleive they stated numerous times that MMH is the only one who can take Superman.

BUT, This is comics people. One writer says Superman is God,can destroy galaxies with a sneeze and punch holes in reality and the other says the same about Flash who can run faster than time or even Death:)and than they both are getting slapped around by Grundy in the next story:)it all serves the story.
Been waiting for someone to say this. MMH hidden OP. Seriously, fire only hurts him because he believes it does, as ^^^ just explained.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
The Flash. Can beat any mortal hero, and for those that are immortal (Doomsday, etc) he can just run so fast that he travels back in time and stops the events leading to that hero's/villain's creation. Zero contest, it's the Flash.
Wellll...... the Flash would then lose his powers, or somehow else fuck up the timeline and screw everything over. Just like in that Flashpoint Paradox movie/comic, which was AMAZING!

I still think Flash could beat anyone 1 on 1, COULD, just he wouldnt need time travel.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Psh, doesn't matter who actually wins the tournament because Joker would rig the brackets so that Batman has to fight DD round 1. Batman dies, and in his own twisted way, Joker won.

EDIT: Although remembering the events of Death of a Family, Joker may just rig the brackets so that Nightwing and Batgirl fight WW and Superman 1st round, then set himself against Batman to make him kill.
Either way, Joker is victorious in his own agenda.

DD and Lobo can go ahead and fight for all of time in Grand Finals.

Komatose

The Prettiest
Lobo can breathe just fine in space. Not to mention that Lobo handles superman with ease. The only way for superman to "beat" Lobo is to appease him enough to go away.
With ease? Getting a little carried away there. Let's not forget Superman also holds back a lot when he fights. But I can agree that Lobo is a formidable opponent of Superman.

PS: Cannot believe this thread is still alive.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
With ease? Getting a little carried away there. Let's not forget Superman also holds back a lot when he fights. But I can agree that Lobo is a formidable opponent of Superman.

PS: Cannot believe this thread is still alive.
Did you see when Lobo first showed up in the superman series? He takes him out in like 2 seconds. To be fair though, Lobo can't defeat superman either. It's just that Lobo doesn't give up and superman just has to play ball with him until Lobo goes away.