What's new

Which character would "realistically" win a fighting tournament in "real life"?

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
No, you're actually wrong about that one. Comparing the mainstream sword to the Kingdom Come sword is just like comparing mainstream WW to Kingdom Come WW. They're only same in title, but they are not identical. If you don't believe me, then compare the design of the blade as well as its hilt; they're different. The sword Diana uses in Kingdom Come is implied to be reserved only for war, and nothing in her current arsenal seems to have any implication that it could even compare to that sword's power.

The mainstream version of Wonder Woman's sword is still magical, but she needs to actually try and cut Superman to hurt him. KC sword cut his finger when all he did was touch it. See the attached scan below. This is the New 52 versions of each character so we absolutely know for sure that the sword used in this scan is current. Superman is capable of grabbing the blade itself. If it were really sharp enough to "carve the electrons off an atom", then Superman would've already lost his hand just by wrapping his hand around it.

Attachments

wee tee

Noob
I just love how Superman gets a little cut on the cheek or his thumb and immediatly utters AAH! and OW!

[While he's silent when he got his throat cut or stabbed through the heart.]

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
No, you're actually wrong about that one. Comparing the mainstream sword to the Kingdom Come sword is just like comparing mainstream WW to Kingdom Come WW. They're only same in title, but they are not identical. If you don't believe me, then compare the design of the blade as well as its hilt; they're different. The sword Diana uses in Kingdom Come is implied to be reserved only for war, and nothing in her current arsenal seems to have any implication that it could even compare to that sword's power.

The mainstream version of Wonder Woman's sword is still magical, but she needs to actually try and cut Superman to hurt him. KC sword cut his finger when all he did was touch it. See the attached scan below. This is the New 52 versions of each character so we absolutely know for sure that the sword used in this scan is current. Superman is capable of grabbing the blade itself. If it were really sharp enough to "carve the electrons off an atom", then Superman would've already lost his hand just by wrapping his hand around it.
No its still the same sword, she just doesnt use it much until the New 52, its still the one made by Hephaestus, its always been the same sword, she just never used it everyday until recently.

So in Kingdom Come, in 1996, it made sense she "only used it for war" as thats really when she used it back then. Nowadays in the new52 shes always using it.

In your new 52 scan we dont know if that sword cut his hand, in the next panel before he can finish saying "stop" she kicks him in the face, drawing blood on Superman, and we cant see if his hand was cut.

I'd like to see her attack Superman in the new52 with her sword, she drew Supermanblood in one kick, and her heels arent magic. Sio maybe she doesnt even need magic to beat Superman now.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
Seriously? We see that same hand in the very next page. It's completely unharmed.

***EDIT***

Actually, not only is it the next page, it's actually the very next panel. I'm staring at it right now lol.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Seriously? We see that same hand in the very next page. It's completely unharmed.
Edit u are very right, i was looking at the wrong hand.

So we know with her not moving the sword it wont cut him, which makes sense. But if a foot to the face draws blood... Im sure an attack with a sword would. I'd like to see that happen. Or if he caught the sword while it was moving at all.

She really kicked GL and Supermans ass there ey. They've definitely been increasing WWs powers while lowering Flashes and Supermans... and GLs, they didnt stand up to WW for half a second, or to Superman.
12-13 j.jpg

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
Well from what I'm seeing, Superman did catch the sword mid-swing. She was about to kill Hal Jordan (don't hate me GL fans!) before he stopped her from doing so. It doesn't mean she can't kill Superman with that sword if she really tried, such as trying to impale him with as much force behind the weapon as possible. It only means that her current sword has actually been severely downgraded from it's pre-52 (and elseworlds) version.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Well from what I'm seeing, Superman did catch the sword mid-swing. She was about to kill Hal Jordan (don't hate me GL fans!) before he stopped her from doing so. It doesn't mean she can't kill Superman with that sword if she really tried, such as trying to impale him with as much force behind the weapon as possible. It only means that her current sword has actually been severely downgraded from it's pre-52 (and elseworlds) version.
Ehh kinda hard to tell if its moving, I'll give you that, the sword is kind of in the same position as the panel before he grabs it so its hard to tell if its moving, they have WAY too many lines drawn in EVERY panel so you cant tell wtf is going on in motion or not.

And lol no her sword has not been downgraded, in 3 JLs before that she takes out one of Darkseids eyes, his omega beam producing eyes, with one sword attack.

and, less impressively, gets by a GLs construct with her sword. The Darkseid thing is the big thing, his durability is legendary and basically invincible.

It was a nice shout out to WW fans.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
Ehh kinda hard to tell if its moving, I'll give you that, the sword is kind of in the same position as the panel before he grabs it so its hard to tell if its moving, they have WAY too many lines drawn in EVERY panel so you cant tell wtf is going on in motion or not.

And lol no her sword has not been downgraded, in 3 JLs before that she takes out one of Darkseids eyes, his omega beam producing eyes, with one sword attack.
Actually, in regards to that Darkseid fight, I believe (as did most of the readers upon initial viewing) that Darkseid jobbered that one pretty bad. We have both an inexperienced Wonder Woman and an inexperienced Aquaman who were capable of taking out his eyes (which shouldn't even hinder his ability to use the Omega Effect!). Darkseid got a huuuuuge downgrade in the New 52 for the sole purpose of bringing the Justice League members together. Pre-52 Darkseid was an incredible teambuster who could beat the daylights out of seasoned heroes. We're talking about the guy who was reduced to ashes by the Spectre, then reformed himself while laughing!

Actually, Pre-52 Darkseid did jobber a couple times in Superman titled comics, but those weren't as disappointing as his fight in the New 52.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Actually, in regards to that Darkseid fight, I believe (as did most of the readers upon initial viewing) that Darkseid jobbered that one pretty bad. We have both an inexperienced Wonder Woman and an inexperienced Aquaman who were capable of taking out his eyes (which shouldn't even hinder his ability to use the Omega Effect!). Darkseid got a huuuuuge downgrade in the New 52 for the sole purpose of bringing the Justice League members together. Pre-52 Darkseid was an incredible teambuster who could beat the daylights out of seasoned heroes. We're talking about the guy who was reduced to ashes by the Spectre, then reformed himself while laughing!

Actually, Pre-52 Darkseid did jobber a couple times in Superman titled comics, but those weren't as disappointing as his fight in the New 52.
Ehh I take is more as Darkseid was cocky. And still not resistant to magic, as he got two crazy powerful magic weapons in his eyes, from a team he didnt know anything about. Theyre both new at this point, Darkseid in terms of fighting them, and the JL in working together. I imagine Darkseid being much smarter next time around.... still wont matter how smart he is if Diana gets another shot at stabbing him with her sword again ey.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.

By the laws of physics, I can see where Superman can safely catch her sword in his hand by catching the sword as she is cocking it back to attack.

This type of action is literally to try and disarm her with which of course she responds with a kick to the face.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
By the laws of physics, I can see where Superman can safely catch her sword in his hand by catching the sword as she is cocking it back to attack.

This type of action is literally to try and disarm her with which of course she responds with a kick to the face.
Thats pretty much what I see too, pulling it back, it not in motion at all, right before the attack. So its in line with all the other cannon comics, all the other times he gets cut is from the sword or tiara being thrust in some fashion. Not basically stopped.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Wonder Woman puts on her Gauntlet of Atlas and it increases her strength by 10 times, and then she snaps Doomsday in half. gg.

She also, with the bracers she wears normally, can shoot out magic Zeus lightning bolts. ggs superman, or non magic resistant opponents.

But again, they just never let her uses this crap in fights, because its boring, same with many characters true powers, like Flashes speed or THORs magic/speed etc.

Wonder Woman is too overpowered.

So overpowered they have to dumb her down and literally ignore things about her. [Just like with Flash and THOR. It happens.]
Even then she is not stronger than DD psychically at all. DD was able to hurt Superman with his bare hands, not with some kind of weapon. And by saying hurt, i mean that he broke his hand without effort, slashed him with his bone extractions and eventually killed him with his bare hands. What do you think will happen when he touches WW who does not have the same durability as Superman? But i guess we ll just have to wait for New 52 DD. I still have doubts though mind you. Also lets not forget the fact that Superman wasnt trying to hurt Diana in the scans posted. If he did, things would be much different imo.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Magic doesnt really care how hard a material or bone is though, cuz its magic. This is why Superman, whos durability is almost on par with DD and is basically invincible, cuts his finger by simply touching it. Now Doomsday, depending on the writer, may have higher durability than Superman, but is it THAT much higher where, if Superman cuts it by touching it, instead it is being swung at near the speed of light at his arms/neck it wont cut if off? I think logically it makes sense it'd slice it off. Would slice all his bits and pieces off and his head before he becomes immune to the gods. Magic ey.

Maybe one day where it says he has ever become immune to magic, or that he can adapt and overpower the gods magic in a few minutes, then he wouldnt get all sliced to itty bitty pieces. Till then, I think he loses. Logically.
I am talking about the original DD which is the strongest version of him. You also forget that DD's neck is surrounded by bone structure. Its not THAT easy to decapitate him. Same with his entire body. Magic is just another harm's way ability. DD could easily adapt against it as well. The Greek Gods are not the strongest beings in the DC universe for sure. Slashes, even caused by magic, are still slashes in the end and thats my point. It wont affect DD. DD's endurance and physical strength is much higher than Superman's and that has been said in the comics numerous times. Also what makes you think that DD wont simply avoid her sword slashing attack? He is almost fast as the Flash in a fight as it was said by Booster Gold and more unpredictable and experienced in fighting than WW.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
You guys hyping DD too much. This is a 1v1 tournament with real limitations.

I could list the fact that WW has become part of the Earth to heal herself (as they say in great need [like near death] just as DD does). Would we start having the same argument?

Then we could mention when she takes off her bracelets and enters god mode (where's she's said to run insane, I'd assume blood lust). We could do this all day but even we WW fans and non-fans alike put a cap on her powers because every heroes' power can be exaggerated sometimes(new 52 superman wtf)!

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
I think if we all posted our chosen champion's greatest feats in their entire post-Silver Age history, we really could make them seem like gods. Put aside jobbering, bad writing, bad scenarios, and put in full-on bloodlust, gear, and powersets. I bet we'll end up with a stalemate all around... except for street levelers, they'll get squished within seconds.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I think if we all posted our chosen champion's greatest feats in their entire post-Silver Age history, we really could make them seem like gods. Put aside jobbering, bad writing, bad scenarios, and put in full-on bloodlust, gear, and powersets. I bet we'll end up with a stalemate all around... except for street levelers, they'll get squished within seconds.
I've always thought they made DCs characters way too powerful, and thought the new 52 was a good chance for them to normalize their powers... which they kinda did, and then they were like nah jk.

Theyre very inconsistent too, since theyve had WAY too many reboots and different versions.

Should have followed Marvels example, can you imagine if THOR was rebooted as often and changed as much as Superman has been. Should have followed Marvels example in not making everyone godlike too. If DC was writing Wolverine he would be able to fly and move at the speed of light by now.

I am talking about the original DD which is the strongest version of him. You also forget that DD's neck is surrounded by bone structure. Its not THAT easy to decapitate him. Same with his entire body. Magic is just another harm's way ability. DD could easily adapt against it as well. The Greek Gods are not the strongest beings in the DC universe for sure. Slashes, even caused by magic, are still slashes in the end and thats my point. It wont affect DD. DD's endurance and physical strength is much higher than Superman's and that has been said in the comics numerous times. Also what makes you think that DD wont simply avoid her sword slashing attack? He is almost fast as the Flash in a fight as it was said by Booster Gold and more unpredictable and experienced in fighting than WW.
Magic ignores physical durability.

When Doomsday can adapt to the power of the gods in less than a minute I'd give him a shot. As he's never been shown to do that, and we are just making shit up and talking out of our asses saying that he "might" be able to do that, he'd be just as susceptible to magic swords as Superman, just like in those scans.

You can have all the super sexy tough bones you want, but magic doesnt care... cuz... you know, its magic. <3

And no, a Wonder Woman with 10 times her normal strength is stronger than Doomsday. She is almost Superman level right now, and multiply Superman by 10 and hes stronger than Doomsday most would say.

Reedoms

Noob
Should have followed Marvels example, can you imagine if THOR was rebooted as often and changed as much as Superman has been. Should have followed Marvels example in not making everyone godlike too. If DC was writing Wolverine he would be able to fly and move at the speed of light by now.
I'm sensing some favoritism here. Wolverine and Thor have both had super Power Creep over the years. Wolverine going from taking a few days to heal from huge cuts in his chest to rebuilding his entire nervous system in 5 minutes. I mean shit, Hulk had it the worst. Goes from a guy who is moderately tough to where it takes a few guys to get him down to a monster that can crack the earth in half when he walks if he's mad enough.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I'm sensing some favoritism here. Wolverine and Thor have both had super Power Creep over the years. Wolverine going from taking a few days to heal from huge cuts in his chest to rebuilding his entire nervous system in 5 minutes. I mean shit, Hulk had it the worst. Goes from a guy who is moderately tough to where it takes a few guys to get him down to a monster that can crack the earth in half when he walks if he's mad enough.
Yeah I agree. They just got so in love with the hulk, everyones favorite, that during his WWHulk storylines he was beating people he had NO business in beating, not even in the same league, and doing things physically impossible. The writers were just jacking each other under the table as they wrote that. Im sure if they had God Itself as a comic book character they would have had hulk beat It. Same thing happened in that hulk vs THOR animated movie, so all of a sudden hulk can pick up The Hammer whenever he wants to? and THOR is a little girl?

they're starting to do this to i-Man now. Because of RDJrs movies.

Reedoms

Noob
they're starting to do this to i-Man now. Because of RDJrs movies.
Iron Man had some pretty huge power boosts around the time Extremis first started. He was the suit and could build it out of his blood stream or something and control god knows how many suits without even being in them.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Iron Man had some pretty huge power boosts around the time Extremis first started. He was the suit and could build it out of his blood stream or something and control god knows how many suits without even being in them.
I mean playing favorites. He's starting to get more love and respect. He always got his ass handed to him by THOR and hulk so I'm curious to see if anything changes like that in the future. he was such a B level character till the movies in terms of popularity.

I was so disappointed in i-Man 3, for tons of reasons, them fucking up extremis being one of them.