What's new

Which character would "realistically" win a fighting tournament in "real life"?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah I agree. They just got so in love with the hulk, everyones favorite, that during his WWHulk storylines he was beating people he had NO business in beating, not even in the same league, and doing things physically impossible.
It was always said that Hulk's power level cannot be measured because it is fueled by his anger and rage. And since you cant limit anger and range, i believe that his power is indeed limitless. In WWH everyone he beat was weaker than him, despite the writer, except Doctor Strange, the Juggernaut and GR. The battle with Sentry is veeeeery controversial because if Void was in charge i really dont know what could have happened. Hulk has been shown that he can take on the Void though and since WWH is his strongest version atm, i believe it could have been a really good fight. As for Thor vs the Hulk, we really dont know how it would go, since their strongest versions havent fought yet.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I've always thought they made DCs characters way too powerful, and thought the new 52 was a good chance for them to normalize their powers... which they kinda did, and then they were like nah jk.

Theyre very inconsistent too, since theyve had WAY too many reboots and different versions.

Should have followed Marvels example, can you imagine if THOR was rebooted as often and changed as much as Superman has been. Should have followed Marvels example in not making everyone godlike too. If DC was writing Wolverine he would be able to fly and move at the speed of light by now.

Magic ignores physical durability.

When Doomsday can adapt to the power of the gods in less than a minute I'd give him a shot. As he's never been shown to do that, and we are just making shit up and talking out of our asses saying that he "might" be able to do that, he'd be just as susceptible to magic swords as Superman, just like in those scans.

You can have all the super sexy tough bones you want, but magic doesnt care... cuz... you know, its magic. <3

And no, a Wonder Woman with 10 times her normal strength is stronger than Doomsday. She is almost Superman level right now, and multiply Superman by 10 and hes stronger than Doomsday most would say.
"Magic ignores physical durability." - False.

"When Doomsday can adapt to the power of the gods in less than a minute I'd give him a shot." -

Power of who ? Show me the feats of those gods, who are not even in these fights. Show me anything they have on par with Guardians of The Universe, creators of green lanterns, who had to collect all their powers just to get rid of Doomsday.
Superman got hurt by swords because he is a Kryptonian. Doomsday isn't.And you talk that he would get hurt by some sword even though you don't have any proof ? Doomsday doesn't give shits about swords, he got impaled with a Mother Box sword (the thing that could revive Darkseid himself), regenerated instantly and hit Superman (who was heat visioning him to slow him down) so fast that he didn't even realise that.

"but magic doesnt care... cuz... you know, its magic. <3"

Arguement of a man child. GDLK, bub.

"And no, a Wonder Woman with 10 times her normal strength is stronger than Doomsday. She is almost Superman level right now, and multiply Superman by 10 and hes stronger than Doomsday most would say."

Pfft.Yeah, like she always has those gauntlets on. Like she would have time to put them on before Doomsday rips her a new one. Like she has strength on par with Doomsday. Like Superman could do anything to Doomsday even when all of his natural abilities were increased by Mother Box. It doesn't even matter since Doomsday strength increases with anger, just like when he broke GL shields.

Like Wonder Woman is fast enough to do anything to Doomsday. Like she has fought him and didn't fail along with JLA. Oh wait...

Doomsday has already raped the bitch along with all JLA with ease. INB4 you whine about Batman and Hulk which has nothing do with this. All you can do is talk nonsense and fallacies, even when everything is against you. Way to say "writers are stupid, bla bla bla" just cause you can't bring an arguement against it.

You keep saying WW is faster than Doomsday which isn't even true since Doomsday was always super fast and has shown to have reactions to hit : Superman, Wonder Woman, Orion, Kyle Rayner, hundreds of GLs at once, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Maxima, Supergirl and a bunch of GLs in space simultaneously, and lots of other flying super fast beings. Stop talking shit out of your ass that wonder woman is faster than Doomsday while she is not even close to his speed. None of her magic weapons would work on him just like Lasso didn't work. None of her magic pew pew would work because Doomsday has took a blast of million nukes to face and didn't have a scratch. Tanked Omega Beams and didn't have a scratch. Tanked combined powers of several Guardians and it took all of their powers and the power of central battery of OA just to knock him out. Let me know when WW can stand against even against one Guardian, let alone 5 or 6 of them simultaneously. Let me know when WW can emmit power even close to the power of Guardian, OK ? Let me know when WW can take on thousands of GLs, OK ? It took a freaking Oblivion to stop Doomsday. Do you know what it is ? Yeah, the end of everything. The end of universe, the end of everyone, even your beloved WW.

Look at even your dumb thread name. Realistically, in real life ? You know what, bub ? Realistically, none of these characters would ever win. Ya know why ? Because they're not real. They are freaking COMIC BOOK characters. And in "real life" none of those would ever win because they don't even EXIST ! How can you be so dumb not only to continue to talk nonsense when several people have proven you wrong, but don't even realize that little thing ? Your whole arguement is void because your freaking question doesn't even make sense. "Realistically, bla bla bla". "Relistically" you just need to STFU about things you don't even have a single understanding about.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
"Magic ignores physical durability." - False.

"When Doomsday can adapt to the power of the gods in less than a minute I'd give him a shot." -

Power of who ? Show me the feats of those gods, who are not even in these fights. Show me anything they have on par with Guardians of The Universe, creators of green lanterns, who had to collect all their powers just to get rid of Doomsday.
Superman got hurt by swords because he is a Kryptonian. Doomsday isn't.And you talk that he would get hurt by some sword even though you don't have any proof ? Doomsday doesn't give shits about swords, he got impaled with a Mother Box sword (the thing that could revive Darkseid himself), regenerated instantly and hit Superman (who was heat visioning him to slow him down) so fast that he didn't even realise that.

"but magic doesnt care... cuz... you know, its magic. <3"

Arguement of a man child. GDLK, bub.

"And no, a Wonder Woman with 10 times her normal strength is stronger than Doomsday. She is almost Superman level right now, and multiply Superman by 10 and hes stronger than Doomsday most would say."

Pfft.Yeah, like she always has those gauntlets on. Like she would have time to put them on before Doomsday rips her a new one. Like she has strength on par with Doomsday. Like Superman could do anything to Doomsday even when all of his natural abilities were increased by Mother Box. It doesn't even matter since Doomsday strength increases with anger, just like when he broke GL shields.

Like Wonder Woman is fast enough to do anything to Doomsday. Like she has fought him and didn't fail along with JLA. Oh wait...

Doomsday has already raped the bitch along with all JLA with ease. INB4 you whine about Batman and Hulk which has nothing do with this. All you can do is talk nonsense and fallacies, even when everything is against you. Way to say "writers are stupid, bla bla bla" just cause you can't bring an arguement against it.

You keep saying WW is faster than Doomsday which isn't even true since Doomsday was always super fast and has shown to have reactions to hit : Superman, Wonder Woman, Orion, Kyle Rayner, hundreds of GLs at once, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Maxima, Supergirl and a bunch of GLs in space simultaneously, and lots of other flying super fast beings. Stop talking shit out of your ass that wonder woman is faster than Doomsday while she is not even close to his speed. None of her magic weapons would work on him just like Lasso didn't work. None of her magic pew pew would work because Doomsday has took a blast of million nukes to face and didn't have a scratch. Tanked Omega Beams and didn't have a scratch. Tanked combined powers of several Guardians and it took all of their powers and the power of central battery of OA just to knock him out. Let me know when WW can stand against even against one Guardian, let alone 5 or 6 of them simultaneously. Let me know when WW can emmit power even close to the power of Guardian, OK ? Let me know when WW can take on thousands of GLs, OK ? It took a freaking Oblivion to stop Doomsday. Do you know what it is ? Yeah, the end of everything. The end of universe, the end of everyone, even your beloved WW.

Look at even your dumb thread name. Realistically, in real life ? You know what, bub ? Realistically, none of these characters would ever win. Ya know why ? Because they're not real. They are freaking COMIC BOOK characters. And in "real life" none of those would ever win because they don't even EXIST ! How can you be so dumb not only to continue to talk nonsense when several people have proven you wrong, but don't even realize that little thing ? Your whole arguement is void because your freaking question doesn't even make sense. "Realistically, bla bla bla". "Relistically" you just need to STFU about things you don't even have a single understanding about.
out of 23 pages where lots of people were participating and discussing, only about 5-6 are left

that should tell you a little about how much of a fanboy he is.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I agree 100% with Deyrax here, couldnt have said it better (except from the swearing... come on man we are having a discussion here). DD is immune to mind control so the lasso, which can mind control, is not of use. And yes the Mother Box sword, that was the name of the sword Superman used to cut DD and he was healed within seconds. Lex Luthor II, go and research Entropy (its the end of time), i mentioned it in one of my previous posts. DD survived that. I highly doubt that WW can survive the end of everything. The Guardians, backed up by an army of thousand GL's are A LOT more powerful than WW for sure. DD also survived against them.

Magic will work against him once. After that he will adapt. Secondly has WW ever managed to hit the Flash? I dont think so. DD has, numerous times. Also yes, original DD is not kryptonian. He is an experiment created on prehistoric Krypton. Just because Superman is weak against magic doesnt mean DD is as well. And yes the DC Greek Gods are NOTHING like their Marvel counterparts (just check Marvel's version of Zeus). And in terms of fighting DD is much more unpredictable than WW. We have seen that numerous times in the comics in general.

As i said before, you give WW too much credit. Just because she can hurt Superman, doesnt mean she can hurt DD. DD can heal on his own, Superman needs the sun to do that. Point being Superman is restricted, DD is not.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
How in the world is he ripping Plastic Man apart? Martian Manhunter couldn't even do that as a Burning Martian and that's way stronger than Doomsday should ever be.
The thing with DD is that he is created to be a force of nature. A natural disaster to say the least. MMH's phasing abilities and mind control also didnt work against DD in that fight. DD's strength comes from his adapting abilities in terms of offense and defense. If he finds an obstacle, his body adapts so that he can overcome that obstacle. Thats what i ve been saying for the past 10 pages. Adaptation>everything. Thats why he was able to rip Plastic Man in half.

Reedoms

Noob
The thing with DD is that he is created to be a force of nature. A natural disaster to say the least. MMH's phasing abilities and mind control also didnt work against DD in that fight. DD's strength comes from his adapting abilities in terms of offense and defense. If he finds an obstacle, his body adapts so that he can overcome that obstacle. Thats what i ve been saying for the past 10 pages. Adaptation>everything. Thats why he was able to rip Plastic Man in half.
No I mean J'onn in his Burning Martian form wasn't even able to do that and he had the entire world under his telepathic rule and was pretty much starting the apocalypse before Plas fought him. He's leagues above Doomsday in strength in that form. Doomsday is more like Ultron with his 'upgrades' though. He doesn't just get that shit on the fly. Like if he's pulling Plas and can't stretch him, he wouldn't just gain strength enough to do it. That wouldn't make much sense.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
No I mean J'onn in his Burning Martian form wasn't even able to do that and he had the entire world under his telepathic rule and was pretty much starting the apocalypse before Plas fought him. He's leagues above Doomsday in strength in that form. Doomsday is more like Ultron with his 'upgrades' though. He doesn't just get that shit on the fly. Like if he's pulling Plas and can't stretch him, he wouldn't just gain strength enough to do it. That wouldn't make much sense.
isnt that fernus and not jonn jonz?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I know it wouldnt make sense but that is DD's ability. To adapt against everything. And from the scan posted it seems that he is powerful enough to rip him apart (and mind you that was Brainiac-Doomsday, not the original). The original DD is a lot stronger than that version. DD has fought, won and survived against creatures that are far more powerful than the heroes of Earth and Mars. I couldnt see how he wouldnt rip PM in two. I m gonna check Burning Martian though cause i dont know much about him.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Those scans show an over confident WW fighting doomsday while talking shit the entire time.

Does that look like this same WW?

Everyone remember gods are immortal as well. Immortality doesn't save you from a good ass whooping. But like I said if you wanna bring god mode DD (defeating the end of time) then shouldn't we be allowed to do the same?

Defeating a god is no simple task. I promise you.

A27Alak

Casual Fighter
In regards to the Fernus vs. Plastic Man fight, I think there was a lot of PIS involved. In that story arc, Plastic Man was picked by Batman as the perfect countermeasure against MMH because of his immunity to telepathy. Apparently, the writers forgot that Plastic Man's weakness was extreme temperatures. He should have melted just by standing near Fernus lol.

Sh@zAM

Magics what I'm all about !
Sorry Earths mightiest mortal can take down supes this injustice storyline is just garbage, I can pull all the stats but he is as strong or stronger than Supes or Adam, also if he is in his Rock of eternity mode its game over. None of the chumps your mentioned have the skills to take him out of his Shazam form so + 1 to Billy Batson.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Those scans show an over confident WW fighting doomsday while talking shit the entire time.

Does that look like this same WW?

Everyone remember gods are immortal as well. Immortality doesn't save you from a good ass whooping. But like I said if you wanna bring god mode DD (defeating the end of time) then shouldn't we be allowed to do the same?

Defeating a god is no simple task. I promise you.
this is the saddest part that you dont understand from the beginning pages

dd wasnt in god mode

he was just in regular everyday dd mode.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
basically what im seeing

grrr - defeated

ok this shit is serious now - defeat

ok this shit is REALLY serious now - defeated

add more REALLYs until this thread is either locked or the fanboys stop posting.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
this is the saddest part that you dont understand from the beginning pages

dd wasnt in god mode

he was just in regular everyday dd mode.
What you misunderstand is that DD's power has been severely toned down over the years.

Anyone can take the greatest their character was ever said to be but then we can do the same across the board for everyone.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What you misunderstand is that DD's power has been severely toned down over the years.

Anyone can take the greatest their character was ever said to be but then we can do the same across the board for everyone.
what you misunderstand is that doomsday himself hasnt been shown in years, always some BS clones or abominations that arent even half as strong as doomsday himself.
i thought reading comics was neccesary before posting here

and again, like i said, surviving entropy is just a regular thing for doomsday, not a powerup or " the greatest the char ever was"

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
what you misunderstand is that doomsday himself hasnt been shown in years, always some BS clones or abominations that arent even half as strong as doomsday himself.
i thought reading comics was neccesary before posting here

and again, like i said, surviving entropy is just a regular thing for doomsday, not a powerup or " the greatest the char ever was"

You sound arrogant and sad by assuming I don't read up on the comics. Why is it that Doomsday always makes a random appearance (real DD here) every x amount of years? Oh yeah because no matter how many times this guy comes, he gets blasted off somewhere by someone or something.

Cool it's a cat and mouse game for DD but if you literally count his win to loss ratio, I'm pretty sure it's pretty bad :p

So yeah "whew came back again; survived mega nuke x2840!!" is cool to make DD seem like that all powerful being, but in reality it's not that bad.

Besides, DD is supposed to represent hopelessness (good thing you know this already because you know so much about the comics right?) and that's why whenever he comes back he destroys everyone and for some reason it's always because he trumped some card.

Great. Go doomsday.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You sound arrogant and sad by assuming I don't read up on the comics. Why is it that Doomsday always makes a random appearance (real DD here) every x amount of years? Oh yeah because no matter how many times this guy comes, he gets blasted off somewhere by someone or something.

Cool it's a cat and mouse game for DD but if you literally count his win to loss ratio, I'm pretty sure it's pretty bad :p

So yeah "whew came back again; survived mega nuke x2840!!" is cool to make DD seem like that all powerful being, but in reality it's not that bad.

Besides, DD is supposed to represent hopelessness (good thing you know this already because you know so much about the comics right?) and that's why whenever he comes back he destroys everyone and for some reason it's always because he trumped some card.

Great. Go doomsday.
Lol. Please tell me a villain with a win/loss ration thats incredible

you say you read comics but you forget why heroes exist compared to villains and what the results will always be.

Just ask yourself why a writer has to make a story with the heroes winning right off the bat using something sub-par of doomsday.

Not to mention what DD has always managed before being "defeated" yet rarely ever killed. What trump card? Please tell me, the trmp cards are used just to let doomsday NOT return as the original, doomsday clones, brainiac doomsday and all that BS.

He is the most durable, he is one of the oldest and he will always be the one to survive

Derp.

How about you read a comic book and then come back and talk.

If you even read the Justice League in the new 52 you'd know Cheetah kicked Supermans ass... and yet you use Cheetah injuring WW as some sort of proof that Superman is better, when Cheetah nearly killed Superman in one attack? ... and WW had to save Superman.

You havent read the comics, Justice Leagues or Wonder Womans, that much is clear. You have no idea what you are talking about, Cheetah is the goddess of the hunt, and bodies Superman. mkay?

Its okay you dont understand the comics or read them, you probably have a life.
This is one of the greatest all-time posts. I wish I could like it 500x.

I love it when, "How about you read a comic book and then come back and talk," is the tough-talk in a thread, lol. Then the ending part, "Its okay... you probably have a life."

My gosh, there is some hardcore nerdom going on here. Yeah! Keep it up!