What's new

What is with this need for guest characters?

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
But that's the reason, it garners people's interest and sell more. If you are asking why people ask for guest characters? They like playing select characters and would like how the character would be interpreted in the new game that comes out.

FOXSOLID

Noob
But that's the reason, it garners people's interest and sell more. If you are asking why people ask for guest characters? They like playing select characters and would like how the character would be interpreted in the new game that comes out.
That first part about garnering people's interests is terrible. Bringing in non fans for the sake of movie characters alone is just irritating.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
If Scorpion and Sub Zero were playable in the next Playstation Allstars wouldn't you be curious to play as them?

Its really that easy man. It just brings in a totally new kind of fan. There is nothing wrong with that. The more successful NRS is the better content we get so its a win for everyone.

Mike L

Noob
guest characters always gotta be threatin in mk community like a...freak?...cuz they`re just a little bit different than anyone else from mk universe

gamesun

Noob
I don't want any guest character in MKX, didn't like em in MK9 I'm not liking here.

Still I'm a sucker for every character, so if there is dlc I'm getting everything simply to try it out. :p

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
MK has always been about gimmicky fun. MK fans know this and love this about the franchise. Guest characters are an awesome idea for any fighting game, in my opinion. It really is a brilliant way to build the fan base, and get people interested and hooked on the game when they otherwise would never have given it a chance. I am all for it, personally.

The question I would like answered in depth, why not have guest characters in a fighting game? How is that ever a bad thing? People forget games are supposed to be about fun these days.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I dont mind it. I think its cool. I mean, I'm a casual player and seeing a character from another game I love, or a character from a genre I like to watch, its awesome to be able to play those guys. It just keeps me more interested and I'm more likely to tell people, hey try mk9 cause Freddy's move set is awesome. Its just like the movies. Keeps more people coming and wanting to try it out.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Wouldn't it be so fucking cool if they made a horror movie themed fighting game? I want this to happen SO BAD.
I assumed you meant http://testyourmight.com/threads/death-cargo-released.42056/
but more seriously there's http://testyourmight.com/threads/fighting-game-designer-looking-to-plug-in.39180/
and apparently there's a whole forum about this one? http://testyourmight.com/forums/clash-of-the-monsters.384/

It was called Darkstalkers, nobody in America played it.
The King of the Garden State* loves that game.

*GBurnsine