What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
pretty much he's left with a much less potent offense, a zoning game that will get even less respect due to his mb being -1, and still amazingly shitty defence once you get in vs him or when he's knocked down.

if this is legit, yeah he's pretty dead.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I hope these changes are true but they offset it with some better back walk speed/normals. Would main quan immediately. Always loved quan chi but thought his offence was too cheap and his footsies were too limited.

B2 should be plus on hit, slightly faster on startup, and safe on block (-5 ish) at the very least. At mid range it feels like Quan has no options other than commit to a jump or go in for his metered 50/50s. I want to play some footsies!

Safe on block b2 wouldn't be OP in my opinion because to doesn't lead to much unless you commit to an unsafe special cancel. Faster startup would be fine too because it's already unreactable. The only impact is improving its use as a footsie tool, which quan needs after these nerfs to his offence.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Ive been playing summoner since day 1 and i dont think he needs buffs. Any scrub can pick up quan and do vortex after vortex and think theyre good. When they truly dont even know the character. If anything he shouldnt be able to throw the bat and do overhead or low at the same time. There needs to be frames before he can do anything after he releases bat. Or maybe make low bad a mid. The setups he has are pretty dumb honestly. Making ex rune -1 will absolutely hurt him. Probably more in sorcerer.
Damage scaling nerfs (if he is gonna be nerfed).

That's all.

Damage scaling nerfs (if he is gonna be nerfed).

That's all.
Even if they nerf his damage it will probably only be 5% give or take on some stuff and it still wont take out his options for his ridiculous mixups which people want changed. Its just gonna encourage people ro reset even more if the damage is nerfed.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
-1 seems kinda harsh especially going down from +14. I don't play quan so I can't say how bad it will hurt him.

Ppl will have to figure out new ways to zone since that will effect his follows up or start using mid to close runes for when ppl run in after full screen blocked rune.

No more guaranteed 50/50 after ex rune either which that may hurt his other variations but at least warlock will probably keep his ex portal stab if you still want those kinds of set ups

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
These are rumors. Someone said 'yeah I know a guy but I can't give you his name but he's legit please believe me' and everyone starts to thinks this guy must be legit then. This guy isn't believeable at all.

Plus NRS wouldn't just make a character completely unviable after leaving him alone for at least 4 patches. They even buffed him the though his situation was that dire

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
And why is that? I can do looping hard to blockable vortexes, thats easy mode for fighting games
He isn't easy mode at all. Sure you can kill in one touch but you can also be killed in one touch. Plus the hard to blockable isn't 95% going to be low to overhead you have to be frame perfect to do the overhead low. His other good option is overhead into skull. It is possible to block flawlessly the braindead version of quan that you describe by blocking high then if the bat moves low and then high again. However if you played quan you would know this

Wetdoba

All too easy...
He isn't easy mode at all. Sure you can kill in one touch but you can also be killed in one touch. Plus the hard to blockable isn't 95% going to be low to overhead you have to be frame perfect to do the overhead low. His other good option is overhead into skull. It is possible to block flawlessly the braindead version of quan that you describe by blocking high then if the bat moves low and then high again. However if you played quan you would know this
Uh, Quan does not get killed in one touch unless its another Quan... Quan gets killed in multiple touches because Wuan players suck ass at defense because they never have to play it since they are always on offense making people guess. And the hard to blockable is only one option he has, he can always make you guess 50-50 after 50-50 since he is plus on them. The best zoner in the game also has plus on block 50-50s and you think thats hard? Playing too much Quan has skewed your mind, you need a reality check because current Quan is gull retard status. New Quan will actually force people to play fundamentally and respect their opponents... but we all know that wont happen, they will all just drop the character and claim he sucks and move on to the newest top tier with insane mix ups like Cyrax

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Uh, Quan does not get killed in one touch unless its another Quan... Quan gets killed in multiple touches because Wuan players suck ass at defense because they never have to play it since they are always on offense making people guess. And the hard to blockable is only one option he has, he can always make you guess 50-50 after 50-50 since he is plus on them. The best zoner in the game also has plus on block 50-50s and you think thats hard?
Quans don't have to play defence. Funny guy. You can easily be killed in one touch by characters like liu and Johnny and others. Also what I said was the way you described of playing quan is not good you actually have to be good at the game to play Quan well. Now I am finished discussing quan with someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Not like he isn't still playable.

He just isn't as @Braindead as he was before.
he's not exactly brain dead even now, the character is already meter dependant as it is, and now spending that meter will leave him safe sure. But then thats where it ends for him, and he'll still be at an immediate disadvantage against any character with any semblance of a decent close game.

This is a lot of take and no give, you can't take that much from quan and not give anything back.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Do you believe in these supposed nerfs?
I think it's smart. Ex rune nerfs both strong variations of quan. Plus he still has ex skull which is +16 on block. So his pressure is still there. My biggest question is warlock. This nerf hurts him bad. I hope they give him a little something, but again that all depends on the overall balance changes of the game. If the top tier is all nerfed a tiny bit, a bad character in the current build may be a decent character in the future build. We will have to see how the likes of tanya/lao/Liu Kang are changed.

The biggest question I have about the rune is, is it still the same on hit? Allowing for combo launching?

Also the no bat during trance is awesome and will get all the Quannabes off his nuts and leave the gameplay to the Quanfather. Fucking Tier whores

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
he's not exactly brain dead even now, the character is already meter dependant as it is, and now spending that meter will leave him safe sure. But then thats where it ends for him, and he'll still be at an immediate disadvantage against any character with any semblance of a decent close game.

This is a lot of take and no give, you can't take that much from quan and not give anything back.
Sounds like you'll need to be smarter against them then, yeah?

Why can't you? He still has plenty left.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.

The noun "Quan Chi" and the over-exaggeration that is "meter-dependent" do not fit each other at all.

Since when in the actual hell did quan chi become meter dependent?I'm pretty sure being able to have METERLESS SAFE 50/50s and having the most damaging meter less combos of all time in the game....Is not meter-dependent whatsoever.

Stop downplaying man...
STTAAHHHHPPPP