What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

gibster13

A fan of fans
Why does he even need nerfs?Imo he needs what he has...It may have been a bit too much, but IF they want to NERF him, just give his release bat scaling nerfs.

That's it.He needs no nerfs.
Yeah tym, kill me.
He needs a damage nerf. I mean 60% One bar of a wrong guess is slightly too crazy.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Just out of curiosity do you remember any of the changes? I need to know how hard to brace myself for when these nerfs arrive.
The big changes are EX rune becoming -1 on block and trance having less stun on hit so he cant hit you with trance, summon a bat, and then keep comboing. If he tries to summon a bat while tranced the combo will drop and the players will be left in a neutral situation standing

gibster13

A fan of fans
The big changes are EX rune becoming -1 on block and trance having less stun on hit so he cant hit you with trance, summon a bat, and then keep comboing. If he tries to summon a bat while tranced the combo will drop and the players will be left in a neutral situation standing
Where is your evidence ??

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
What the hell is up with this "Ex rune -1" stuff?Who actually started these rumors?If ex rune is -1...OMG...

The salt threads are coming you guyz!

Make sure to be prepared for ULTIMATE SALT when march comes up if this is true.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Another FT player that went to Esl season 2 finals live where they had set ups with the new changes intact. He only had time to test a few characters, FT, Jax, Kenshi, and Quan. He mentioned the changes to Jax (D12 being -5 now and slight damage nerf to scaling on OHDP) multiple days before he was added to the online beta with the same changes

gibster13

A fan of fans
Another FT player that went to Esl season 2 finals live where they had set ups with the new changes intact. He only had time to test a few characters, FT, Jax, Kenshi, and Quan. He mentioned the changes to Jax (D12 being -5 now and slight damage nerf to scaling on OHDP) multiple days before he was added to the online beta with the same changes
Name exactly of this player ? Until I see it then i will believe. If it is so, quan is dead.

EGP Awesomo

R.T.S.D
What the hell is up with this "Ex rune -1" stuff?Who actually started these rumors?If ex rune is -1...OMG...

The salt threads are coming you guyz!

Make sure to be prepared for ULTIMATE SALT when march comes up if this is true.
You guys should believe him, I can't say my source but it is very reliable. But these "rumors" are true, the era of summon quan is dead. Long live sorcerer and warlock

Nortnauq

QUAN CHI FOR DLC
either way, even if these are real changes I don't think it will make Summoner, "dead."
the EX Rune as is, can already be armored or back-dashed.

they should've just added frames to his hard-to-blockables.
apparently people would rather guess a 50/50 within 1 frame, than have an extra bat to continue combos.

on the other hand, Sorcerer would be fucked with not having a Rune Trap.
these changes would affect Quan as a whole much more than just Summoner, which is the variation everyone cries about.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Name exactly of this player ? Until I see it then i will believe. If it is so, quan is dead.
Not gonna name drop but it was someone there to spectate it wasnt any of the tournament players. Keep in mind these were just the changes he had time to find after waiting in line to play, there could very well be changes to his other frame data/normals as well that just werent obvious

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
You guys should believe him, I can't say my source but it is very reliable. But these "rumors" are true, the era of summon quan is dead. Long live sorcerer and warlock
If these changes are true then all variations of Quan will be dead, except maybe Warlock, due to not being able to summon a bat/portal during a combo. The ExRune changes are also hella dumb if they are true, that kills Quan's zoning across all variations and removes his rune trap from Sorceror. If this is legit and all Dragon's Fire got was a frame shaved off Mb FlyKick I know who I'll be maining again.

Edit: All he needs is a HUGE damage nerf in Summoner. It's not his tools that are the problem, bar maybe his hard-to-blockables, it's the ridiculous reward he gets off every touch. If these changes come into effect the other 2 variations are gonna get hit hard which is completely unnecessary as they weren't even a problem in the first place.

Last edited:
With ex rune being -1 on block Sorcerer and Warlock will be even deader than Summoner. And what is this era of summoner you are talking about?!? has he gotten as many top 8s as Lao, Tanya, Cassie ??? Has he won just as many majors???
I mean the character is (or maybe WAS) no doubt top 5, but I don't think his Era has ever come.

Bat goes away on block
i wonder how it would be if he only could use it when grounded.

but i think a very important change that quan would need is that runes dont catch jumping enemies anymore, only grounded.

that PLUS bat only from grounded state PLUS it goes away on block would make him a reasonable character. he would still have godlike tools like the best njp, half screen footsie tools and 50/50s on top of 50/50s that lead into resets.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I cannot believe I didn't have the time to make this post earlier nor the time to actually find this thread.

It's story time:

Last month I was watching @Decay 's stream. I casually say in the chat room, "Has it ever occurred to anyone that Quan Chi doesn't even scream like he's in pain during fatalities. He always sounds like he is embarrassed."

Decay looks at the chat and says the following, "He should be embarrassed because he's the worst character in the game."

LoL stay expensive Decay.

Last edited:
I don't understand how it will kill his zoning. The projectile is safe on block, and has to be blocked low, meaning that opponents will still have to pay attention. You're still safe at point blank range too. Your d1 will come out in 7 frames instead of 6, which would beat lots of character's pokes. Full screen it's still a solid option. You should still be able to set up spells/bats on knock downs (like in Ketchup's Sorcerer guide). You still have air skulls, regular skulls, a great d2 and njp. Quan can still control space everywhere on the screen, and he'll still be able to do his hard to blockable, he just won't be able to loop it. So how is his zoning dead?