What's new

Question - Summoner What improvements would you like to see with summoner for kp2?

gibster13

A fan of fans
So you are telling me someone who has been trusted by NRS to test these changes has leaked all this information ? I would expect players to respect the decision of NRS to not leak shit. That is pretty horrible for one to even do that.

I don't understand how it will kill his zoning. The projectile is safe on block, and has to be blocked low, meaning that opponents will still have to pay attention. You're still safe at point blank range too. Your d1 will come out in 7 frames instead of 6, which would beat lots of character's pokes. Full screen it's still a solid option. You should still be able to set up spells/bats on knock downs (like in Ketchup's Sorcerer guide). You still have air skulls, regular skulls, a great d2 and njp. Quan can still control space everywhere on the screen, and he'll still be able to do his hard to blockable, he just won't be able to loop it. So how is his zoning dead?
His zoning stops opponent from moving forward due to the plus frames on Ex Runes and his bat attacks. If ex rune is -1 on block there is no guessing when you should move. If he doesn't have his bat out Just block his rune which is -11 and wait for the ex which is -1, in either scenario you can just run in after. He controls space now only when the bat is out.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
So you are telling me someone who has been trusted by NRS to test these changes has leaked all this information ? I would expect players to respect the decision of NRS to not leak shit. That is pretty horrible for one to even do that.
Lmao.

gibster13

A fan of fans
I don't understand how it will kill his zoning. The projectile is safe on block, and has to be blocked low, meaning that opponents will still have to pay attention. You're still safe at point blank range too. Your d1 will come out in 7 frames instead of 6, which would beat lots of character's pokes. Full screen it's still a solid option. You should still be able to set up spells/bats on knock downs (like in Ketchup's Sorcerer guide). You still have air skulls, regular skulls, a great d2 and njp. Quan can still control space everywhere on the screen, and he'll still be able to do his hard to blockable, he just won't be able to loop it. So how is his zoning dead?
Not dead, it will be harder that is all. More based on reads. I like to exaggerate when it comes to zoning nerfs :p

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
The triborg build at ESL finals was open to the public. It's completely understandable that someone would walk in and take a look at the changes. As far as I know, people weren't asked to sign an NDA or anything.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
Still don't agree but I understand your point
I'm pretty sure NRS 100% expected this to happen, and they honestly can't expect anything different. After all, it's just balance changes in an unfinished version of the game. Things can change and it's not like specifics of the other character variations were leaked.

His zoning stops opponent from moving forward due to the plus frames on Ex Runes and his bat attacks. If ex rune is -1 on block there is no guessing when you should move. If he doesn't have his bat out Just block his rune which is -11 and wait for the ex which is -1, in either scenario you can just run in after. He controls space now only when the bat is out.
But as the Quan player, if you know that the opponent will run in after a blocked ex rune, you also know that he has to attack you and that attack has start up frames. If the opponent is mid to full screen and prone to running in after a blocked mb rune, just time your njp and hide behind its amazing hit box.

rubmytaco

CarriedByClone
But as the Quan player, if you know that the opponent will run in after a blocked ex rune, you also know that he has to attack you and that attack has start up frames. If the opponent is mid to full screen and prone to running in after a blocked mb rune, just time your njp and hide behind its amazing hit box.
No more easy mode = tears

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
if this is all true, and quans mb rune really ends up being -1, im jumping ship. spend a bar to be -1? on a character that doesnt have any other means of maintaining advantage outside of summoners bat? GTFO!!!

Poshib

The Artman
If these changes are true AND stick, then that is very shitty for Quan as a whole. I hope they shaved off some frames on his normals too because if not then it's going to be very bad. I don't understand how the Quan hate is still a thing now when his presence has been scarce in top 8s for the last few months outside of 2 people. Each who haven't consistently won with him if at all. Quan is so cheap but ain't nobody winning with him. Yeah, let's nerf him to hell just to make sure.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
If these changes are true AND stick, then that is very shitty for Quan as a whole. I hope they shaved off some frames on his normals too because if not then it's going to be very bad. I don't understand how the Quan hate is still a thing now when his presence has been scarce in top 8s for the last few months outside of 2 people. Each who haven't consistently won with him if at all. Quan is so cheap but ain't nobody winning with him. Yeah, let's nerf him to hell just to make sure.
yeah, this isnt a nerf.....this is a fucking castration is what it is :T

This kinda shit (if its true) ladies and gentlemen, is why i basically try and main the better half of the cast.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
well for me mk9 cyrax unblockable combos haven´t been as bad as this is. I always knew i get 70% reset combos in mk9.

In mkx i block right 3 times, block wrong and get 60%. I don´t hate this character, i just hate to play against him

Ive been playing summoner since day 1 and i dont think he needs buffs. Any scrub can pick up quan and do vortex after vortex and think theyre good. When they truly dont even know the character. If anything he shouldnt be able to throw the bat and do overhead or low at the same time. There needs to be frames before he can do anything after he releases bat. Or maybe make low bad a mid. The setups he has are pretty dumb honestly. Making ex rune -1 will absolutely hurt him. Probably more in sorcerer.