What's new

What Games are you playing until MKx Drops??

Can Potato beat all these games before MKx Drops??

• Total voters

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
If you are like me, you are counting every single day that passes until April 14th. Well if you are lucky enough to have a midnight release then you are only counting until April 13th.

Just wondering what everyone is playing to pass the time. If MKx is anything like MK9 I won't touch another game for at least a year after it drops, so I'm trying to beat some of the games I have laying around while I have the chance.

Only looking to beat the Main story mode of these games, not 100% master them, unless the game is really rad.

Time to play 2 weeks 5 days / Number of Games to Beat: 20

Dying Light
Saints Row 4 (xbox One) KOMPLETE
Dragon Age: Inquisition
Halo Master Chief Collection
Grand Theft Auto 5 (Xbox One) KOMPLETE
Gears of War Judgement
Resonance of Fate
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13 Lightning Returns
Duke Nukem Forever (5 bucks in the bargin bin, I had to get it!!)
Dead Rising 3
Call of Duty : Advance Warfare
Limbo KOMPLETE
Far Cry 4
Darksiders 2
The Witcher 2
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osirus KOMPLETE
Lego The Hobbit KOMPLETE
The Wolf Among Us KOMPLETE
Earth Defense Force 2025 KOMPLETE
Dark Dreams Dont Die KOMPLETE
Max and the Curse of Brotherhood KOMPLETE
Assassins Creed 4
Battle Field 4
Child of Light
Costume Quest 2
Crimson Dragon
Devil May Cry HD collection
Giana Sisters: Twistid Dreams KOMPLETE
Sunset Overdrive

Most of these I have started already in some capacity, but some I haven't even touched yet.
I hope to beat them all before MKx drops so they don't suffer the fate of being shelved and forgotten.

Just curious what others are playing (or doing) to help pass the time until MKx.

Last edited:

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I may have a couple others I missed on my list, will add when I get home from work. Now that I made this thread, I really really wanna beat all these games!! lol

Edit: found some more that I missed,

This 9 weeks should fly by!!!! Right guys!!!??/ Right?? lol

Last edited:

ScorpionRules!!!92

I no longer main characters on any fighting games.
Avengers Battle For Earth, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Core Fighters, Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, Mario Kart 8, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution, New Super Mario Bros U, Soul Calibur 5, Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Smash Bros U, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Ultra Street Fighter 4 and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Just beat, The Witcher 2
MK9
DBZ HD Remake of Budokai 1 & 3
Magic 2012-2015
Diablo:RoS
(A lot of Anime)
Fight Night Championship

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Dying Light
Last of Us
Lego Mahvel
Fifa 15
Assassins Creed Rogue
Borderlands the Presequel once there is some campaing DLC
Tales from the Borderlands

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Using this thread as my count down pass the time blog thread until MKx!! lol

Had a friend of 12 years pass away last week, we had the service sunday, very sad, very difficult time. So I didn't get much gaming in. This week I'm finally back into a normal groove.

Kompleted Giana Sisters: Twistid Dreams on Xbox 1

Probably a 6/10 for me. Fun little side scroller, not a whole lot you would want to go back for though once Done. You can unlock harder modes and there are time and score attack modes, but they are pretty boring. It was moderatly challenging, and had some fun levels.

Working on Saints Row IV re elected. Should be done in a day or 2, Pretty sweet game so far. Biggest problem right now, is it seems to be a little buggy when it comes to the Auto Save feature. It has froze my game a few times, and cost me a few hours of game play, so save often if you are playing this one.

Not looking like I will get through my entire back log of unfinished games in the 8 weeks left before MKx, but by golly I'm gonna try.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Man, My wifes Grandfather passed away now, It seems everytime I come to update this thread someone else has died. Hopefully thats it for awhile!!

Kompleted Saints Row IV on Xbox one:

Probably a 6.5 outta 10 for me. While the game is fun, and pretty easy to pick up and play, it gets really repetitive. Also, it is buggy as hell on the One. Through the approx 11 hours I spent with it, I was glitched out probably 8 times, anything from game freezing up, to it booting me back to the Home screen and just ending the game.

I would say try it out if you never played it the first time around. If you hated The Matrix though, stay away, as it is basically the Saints crew in the Matrix, which at times can be totally awesome, and other times, pretty fuckin dumb lol.

After we bury my wifes Grandpa this week I plan to put a major Dent in this list, as the Count down to MKx Kontinues!!!

aj1701

Noob
If you are like me, you are counting every single day that passes until April 14th. Well if you are lucky enough to have a midnight release then you are only counting until April 13th.

Just wondering what everyone is playing to pass the time. If MKx is anything like MK9 I won't touch another game for at least a year after it drops, so I'm trying to beat some of the games I have laying around while I have the chance.

Only looking to beat the Main story mode of these games, not 100% master them, unless the game is really rad.

Time to play 7 weeks 4 days / Number of Games to Beat: 28

[way too many games]

Most of these I have started already in some capacity, but some I haven't even touched yet.
I hope to beat them all before MKx drops so they don't suffer the fate of being shelved and forgotten.

Just curious what other are playing (or doing) to help pass the time until MKx.
Holy fuck dude, I thought I was bad about starting new games before finishing the ones I'm already playing.

I've gonna vote no, you're not going to finish all of these.

For me, it these:

Evil Within
Akiba's Trip *
Far Cry 4
Dying Light

Akiba's trip is kinda like MK, in that its a game you can pick up and drop and go back and still remember exactly how to play and where you were in the story (b/c the plot is not as deep as other games). So I'm not really concerned about clearing that one while I play other games. Evil Within honestly at this point I'm just playing to finish, but the game is disappointing. The FOV and letter box are just asinine, it doesn't make the game any more tense and is just frustrating b/c it makes the combat harder, which there really is too much of for a survival game.

Far Cry I haven't come back to in a while, but I will once EW is gone. Dying Light is my favorite so far, very fun to play, and I like that time passes no matter what you're doing, and nighttime is scary (run to a safe zone!) But I'm not that far in yet.

My problem is if I don't concentrate on one or two games I can lose interest or I forget important bits of the plot or get the controls confused, heh. Except for games like MK & AT which can fit nicely between plays of other games.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Holy fuck dude, I thought I was bad about starting new games before finishing the ones I'm already playing.

I've gonna vote no, you're not going to finish all of these.

For me, it these:

Evil Within
Akiba's Trip *
Far Cry 4
Dying Light

Akiba's trip is kinda like MK, in that its a game you can pick up and drop and go back and still remember exactly how to play and where you were in the story (b/c the plot is not as deep as other games). So I'm not really concerned about clearing that one while I play other games. Evil Within honestly at this point I'm just playing to finish, but the game is disappointing. The FOV and letter box are just asinine, it doesn't make the game any more tense and is just frustrating b/c it makes the combat harder, which there really is too much of for a survival game.

Far Cry I haven't come back to in a while, but I will once EW is gone. Dying Light is my favorite so far, very fun to play, and I like that time passes no matter what you're doing, and nighttime is scary (run to a safe zone!) But I'm not that far in yet.

My problem is if I don't concentrate on one or two games I can lose interest or I forget important bits of the plot or get the controls confused, heh. Except for games like MK & AT which can fit nicely between plays of other games.
Lol, yes, it kinda got away from me, we had some family things, with a couple deaths and all that. When I made the list there was still 9 weeks to release I think, now it is only 5, so there is no way in hell I get finished lol.

I think my goal now is to beat the games that will be worth someing, and trade them in while I can. I'm still leaving the list up, as I'm trying to put a push on in the last weeks leading up to the release. I wanna see how many I can beat.

Dying light is awesome, I'm almost done Lego Hobbit, and I'll be playing that next.

My thing is, I have to have a bit of variaty in my games, some are not "kid" friendly and my daughter likes to watch me play sometimes, so sometimes we will be sitting there looking for other stuff to play, then I end up with an ass load of games lol.

So with 5 Weeks 5 days, hope I can still get a bunch done!!

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
So The Wolf Among us was pretty sweet.

These Tell tale games are pretty fun, I mean, they aren't changing the world gameplay wise, but story wise, they are fuckin awesome.

Where I would give the Walking Dead Telltale series a 9.5/10

I would give Wolf Among us 7.5 - It would be higher, but I kinda thought the last episode was week, I was hoping for a bigger crazier ending, but all together, it was pretty awesome.

Would recomend if you like those types of games.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Finished Hobbit and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osirus.

lego games you pretty much know what your gonna get, it was fun, but nothing really new there. Good Lego game, as far as lego games go though.

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osirus was a fun game. Better with friends, some good puzzles and a little bit of an Exploring feeling. I don't know though, there is some end game stuff but basically once you are done, unless you are a completionist you will probably not wanna go back to it.

I would say 6/10 - for clever levels, good controls. Fun times.

Now I'm in the grind that is Earth Defense Force 2025. If you played the first one, you know that this game feels like it will never fuckin end. I'm on Level 50 something and I think there are 85 Missions. I mean, it's fun as hell to shoot giant bugs. But fuck shooting Giant bugs and giant robots and flying bugs and giant flying robots and fuckin mother ships and shit all in the level. These higher up levels are straight up fucked. I'm feeling like I will have to farm for better guns and that is not an option with 4 weeks 4 days left.

Cant decide what to play after this. It will either be Dying light or GTA 5. Fuck giant bugs.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Finished the fuckin Bug game.

85 god damn Missions. Fuck that game.

Almost finished GTA5 on One, on the last Hiest, then it's on to Dying light which I hope to finish this weekend.

Which puts me at about 3 and half weeks left and a butt load of games left. I will attempt these after dying light and hope to have them finished by the end of next week, March 27th.
I feel I should be able to beat
BattleField 4
Call of Poopy Advanced Warfare
Dark Dreams Don't Die
and MAAAAAYYYYBEE FarCry 4, I have no idea how long the Campain for that game is,

So I'll be happy if I can have those finished by next weekend.

This has actually helped me keep my mind of MKx while waiting. And it's fun writing about it even if no one reads!!! lol.

Mulder

King of Heroes
Halo 3 and Halo 4 from The Master Chief Collection. If I have time after those two I'll try to finish LEGO Batman 3 and if I finish that then Assassin's Creed 4.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'm playing through Breath of Fire on the SNES.

And after that I think I'll start on South Park Stick of Truth.

Last edited: