What's new

What do you find the most insulting, annoying and mocking of these choices in MK9?

What do you find the most insulting of these choices online in MK9?

• Total voters

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Clan elitism. When I join a mic room and its filled with clan KoTHs that swing their verbal dicks around, making the room unpleasent for everyone. Its disapponting because these are very well known clans full of standup folks, but the mic rooms just ruin any good reputation that's built up.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
How can you site lag as the worst when all the games are terrible.... NRS get your fucking shit together. SCV gave me hope for decent online in a 3d engine.

For me it's the constant bitching and rage quitter's by far the worst of any fighting game community I have ever played. This might be because of the large casual following I don't know...

I don't fatality often, but sometimes depending on the match it's hype. I'll fatal if the character is particularly annoying or they have a real lame style. no respect...

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
I don't have a problem with online players.

I do have a problem with online players who insist that online > offline.
Why so friend? Online is much more valuable to the common person than offline is. So why are you saying that offline is superior to online when the majority would say otherwise? Online allows an endless amount of fights and matches at any time you want it. Offline, your friend or brother may be busy with something and you will not have a sparring partner.

Espio

Kokomo
Just my opinion, but babalities don't really bother me because your opponent literally had to NOT block the entire match to pull this finisher off, it's not like a fatal that anybody can do, you have to literally shut someone down to do it.

Why so friend? Online is much more valuable to the common person than offline is. So why are you saying that offline is superior to online when the majority would say otherwise? Online allows an endless amount of fights and matches at any time you want it. Offline, your friend or brother may be busy with something and you will not have a sparring partner.
Because offline players have a better understanding of the game and higher skill level overall, keyword overall. Also, lag curtails true skill.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Because offline players have a better understanding of the game and higher skill level overall, keyword overall. Also, lag curtails true skill.
I don't think casuals care about deeply understanding the game. Spirit Guide is saying online is better because it is more accessible.

no i have no problem playing online, and people playing it.

but when people start saying that offline doesnt mean anything, or offline is the same as online, that pisses me off lol.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Online doesn't offer that. The only thing game's online offers me is "game session is no longer available". If the servers weren't complete garbage(it seems like the person who maintains the servers took a vacation, as the game has never been worse since like a month ago).

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
online lag is definitely number one for me. Server so trash lost to so many scrubs so i just stopped. Lag just made me so salty sometimes. When you are on a win streak then you lose to a scrub who does 111 spear all day or teleport whole fight and you can't punish anything. Online lag made me so mad that I just quit it altogether unless i fight somebody from this website that is it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta

but when people start saying that offline doesnt mean anything, or offline is the same as online, that pisses me off lol.
i'd love to know who says things like that. I think even the online community as a whole accepts that offline is the true version of the game and how it should be played. Offline is TONS more fun and rewarding.

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang

Oh, well, I do agree. Online has no basis for skill level over offline. I thought you meant that offline was more important than online. Sorry for myself misunderstanding your post!

Spirit Guide

Friend Gang
Online doesn't offer that. The only thing game's online offers me is "game session is no longer available". If the servers weren't complete garbage(it seems like the person who maintains the servers took a vacation, as the game has never been worse since like a month ago).
lol, I notice that when I play people that live closely to me I notice little lag. But when I play a Mexican (no offense to anyone from that country) the fight is lag-tastic! I think it depends on who you are paired up with.

Seapeople

This one's for you
online lag is definitely number one for me. Server so trash lost to so many scrubs so i just stopped. Lag just made me so salty sometimes. When you are on a win streak then you lose to a scrub who does 111 spear all day or teleport whole fight and you can't punish anything. Online lag made me so mad that I just quit it altogether unless i fight somebody from this website that is it.
I did the exact same thing. I actually tried going back online tonight....bad choice haha. People can jump out of Sub's b121 pressure, jump out of Cyrax's command grab pressure, and I couldn't crossover jip against a guy who just spammed pokes. Online is so different it's crazy. Lag is by far the most annoying thing for me, especially when the other person doesn't even realize it.

/end rant lol :p

SZSR

Noob
People who choose my character to "show me how to play them". I understand the truly helpful players but often it's just insulting me.

That's why I prefer offline so much more....

gdf

Noob
People who choose my character to "show me how to play them". I understand the truly helpful players but often it's just insulting me.

That's why I prefer offline so much more....
Hey, let me show you how to play Smoke...offline.
trololo
(More to the topic, I suppose it is the people in chatboxes that talk shit the entire time, rather than asking about the matches involved)

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
wow that's super lame, I just found out there's a local game store that has a fighting game night every 2 weeks, but they play basically everything but MK, lame =(

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
^ Would be a good argument...if that was one of the choices. Besides that's relative, some people are probably too busy with life. School, work, health etc things that are actually important.
Well that's because most of the choices are meaningless online shit. And I clearly said "players who are ABLE". It's not relative, it's very black and white. You know, people that are capable of going to a tournament but choose not to. It just makes no sense to me why you would want to stay home and be a bum, that does absolutely nothing to help the community even in the slightest. The only reason you're arguing against that fact is because you're one of those bums.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, you know I didn't create this thread with intentions of certain people trolling it with offline bullshit or judging online players, so please. If that's your intentions, stay out of this thread. I've been told to stay out of offline topics until I go, so it should be no different for those who feel the need to bash online players or this thread...I really don't care about that, nor is it an option.

So you've been too busy every Thursday for the past year to come to VSM at least once? As well as the numerous local tournaments in the NYC area?
As a matter of fact yes, I've been busy following up on school classes, speaking to college counslers about what's best for me, seeing what's best for me, seeking a good steady job(because the economy is so great now) for a while now in fact, I also help out my family a lot. Father has a bad back and is diabetic, Folks aren't exactly young people, just got involved with this chick so yeah...I'd say that having a life and having to take care of priorities is a good reason to not attend every offline event for MK...am I supposed to drop all of that to play MK with some guys who don't even like me no less? I'm not naive I know who talks shit about me and who doesn't.

Maybe if they have something in NYC perhaps? When was the last tourney in NYC? lol And I don't exactly see your name in every offline event so hypocritical much?

This is why some people here say you guys have this "elitist" attitude, because it really comes off that way. Besides, I've been to two offline events in NYC, Staten Island that's apart of NYC last time I checked, I mentioned the ladder one but nobody cared at the time...all well. 30 man tourney, winner/loser brackets, hundred dollar money prizes...easy money. So it's not like I've never played the game offline, I've done so for hours against my friend first month and been to a few local events/tourneys near by. I don't drive so how do you expect me to get to LI again? Also, for now on like juggernaut, I must ask why do you care so much what I do? You hate online play correct yet you have the time to post in this thread?

Well that's because most of the choices are meaningless online shit. And I clearly said "players who are ABLE". It's not relative, it's very black and white. You know, people that are capable of going to a tournament but choose not to. It just makes no sense to me why you would want to stay home and be a bum, that does absolutely nothing to help the community even in the slightest. The only reason you're arguing against that fact is because you're one of those bums.
How is someone having a life a bum exactly? That makes no sense...is that really what you're using for an argument? Just seems like your posts and revolvers more so were just trolling posts because you're bored or whatever reason you felt the need to do so, yet when online people post their thoughts in offline topics they get warnings, told off etc...so what's up with that?

A bum since I knew one personally does nothing with their life..literally, they don't socialize, don't go out, don't work, don't go to school, don't help out, sleep all day 24/7 nothing...now, if you don't have a life outside of MK or choose to being able to attend every offline event more power to you, I don't care, I won't judge anyone so don't judge me please...and besides, calling me a bum is not only inaccurate but isn't a valid point for your argument....that whole "you're a bum" concept is totally irrelevant. I must ask you, for you and revolver if you guys think so little of online A. why do you play or played online? B. Why even post in this thread? But hey dude, if you want to play it like that then I guess I'm no more a "bum" then you are.... lol and you wonder why people don't want to hang with some of you guys, you're so bored you create a video game into pointless drama...I have more important things to worry about.

Lastly, I must ask lol. While I do find it amusing at this point, WHY do you care so much about what I do? lol, I haven't even been on here in two days nearly because I've had to help out my family more this week then usual...what have you been doing? Oh yeah, calling random people bums without knowing anything about them personally? Awesome!

It's just an stupid attitude to have. I mean, just b/c some of us can't afford (me) or have no access to offline competition and tournaments means our opinions don't mean squat? That's ridiculous. A lot of us play this game just as much as offline players, and while some things may work online that don't work offline and vice versa, we know the game and we love it too.
Exactly, it's definitely not a good one to have to attract more people to join the offline fray, if anything it'll do the opposite. It's not like us online people are boasting "online is everything" well at least not me and most people I know, if some douche says that then he's ignorant obviously...I know I can compete if not beat a lot of these guys, but do I have the time or care that much? Hardly. It's almost as if according to some people, "if you're an offline player, your opinion means more then an online player thus you'll be taken more seriously" now call me crazy but to me that sounds very ignorant not to mention arrogant. Some of the best MK9 players are/came from online...nuff said.

Spletty

Grandmaster
the most annoying thing to me is duck block uppercutting. no matter what i do or how much i play, this shitty little tactic always gets the best of me....

and 111 scorpions.

swag1

EX smash solves all
I had this one asshole who plays Kitana. Straight up fans/ass out. Then he fatalities me (I play Liu Kang, got blown up). And offers me tips on "how to really play". I flawlessed/bablitied his Mileena though. Online assholes.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'd say that having a life and having to take care of priorities is a good reason to not attend every offline event for MK...
Everyone here has a life outside of MK. However, people try to occasionally go to something to support the scene. With a screenname that stands for "MK Fan" or whatever, I don't see why not. You don't have to attend everything, just stop by VSM like ONCE, even if it's for an hour, or go to like ONE tournament other than that release day one you keep talking about.

Maybe if they have something in NYC perhaps? When was the last tourney in NYC? lol And I don't exactly see your name in every offline event so hypocritical much?
1. Over the summer/early fall there was WCG and 8bit tournaments in Manhattan. As well as Salty Battles right across the bridge in NJ and monthly tournaments over in Valley Stream, and of course weekly casuals in Valley Stream (I'm a busy college student and I'll still go out there when I can). These are all in or near NYC.

2. Nobody's telling anyone to go to every offline event. There's nothing hypocritical here. The reason you say people don't like you there is because you have so much time to play online, call it legit, and then say you're too busy every time there's something in the area. If you just went to even a casual session just ONCE, they would respect that.