What's new

What do you find the most insulting, annoying and mocking of these choices in MK9?

What do you find the most insulting of these choices online in MK9?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Everyone here has a life outside of MK. However, people try to occasionally go to something to support the scene. With a screenname that stands for "MK Fan" or whatever, I don't see why not. You don't have to attend everything, just stop by VSM like ONCE, even if it's for an hour, or go to like ONE tournament other than that release day one you keep talking about.
Maybe, perhaps some more then others ...even if that's true, some people can't attend or afford to go to "every offline event" you do realize tourneys cost money right? Now I'm not poor but I am tight on money atm and can't spend it on things I can't afford to. Me having a name "MKF" or whatever has nothing to do with being able to go to every offline scene or a tourney...nothing. By that logic that's saying, well you can't be a fan of the Yankees unless you attend "every game" you do realize that time, money and availability plays a role with that right? So that's bullshit, people try to use that MK fan bit, it makes no sense. How about the fact that I support MK, I've spent over 200 bucks on MK 9 merchandise, how many fans bought both KE and TE? Not many...I did. I've said in the past several times now if I can go I'll let people here know, it's not even so much time since I probably could clear a thursday once in a blue but right now, I have things to worry about. Sometimes in life you have to set your priorities straight, know what I mean? As much as I love MK or the Yankees or other hobbies.

1. Over the summer/early fall there was WCG and 8bit tournaments in Manhattan. As well as Salty Battles right across the bridge in NJ and monthly tournaments over in Valley Stream, and of course weekly casuals in Valley Stream (I'm a busy college student and I'll still go out there when I can). These are all in or near NYC.

2. Nobody's telling anyone to go to every offline event. There's nothing hypocritical here. The reason you say people don't like you there is because you have so much time to play online, call it legit, and then say you're too busy every time there's something in the area. If you just went to even a casual session just ONCE, they would respect that.
Salty Battles, I googled that's 1 hour + away from my location, that I'd have to drive or get a lift. I did ask my friends(two of which drive) but can't go on friday's. It's a bad day, one friend stays with his GF who's got back issues atm and needs his help, my other friend Vinny works Sanitation at that time. So, that's out. I'd probably have a better chance at the LI VSM thing in the future then SB honestly. Yes, there is when you people come into an online related topic and start lecturing online players or me to go to offline events when you know that's not one of the choices here concerning an online element, it's telling people what to do and irrelevant to this topic.

I play online at night time, when I actually have time to. You act as if I'm online 24/7 MK, not the case. I've never called online legit, I said I've played offline before and know there's a difference several times. So now you're lying or just putting words in my mouth, if you read my previous post I even stated "who said online is legit"? I play online for fun, practice etc but I also play offline against my friends, test stuff out, yes I can tell the massive difference. This is old news though. That's another thing, people care too much about "respect" ? That should be a given, at least that's how I was raised, treat others how you'd like to be treated so that's what I do.

Mattman

Warlock Nerd
counter-picking is most annoying, Babalities are most insulting cuz then you know you just got owned. but the worst kind of online player is the one who quits because you pick Lao or Reptile or somebody else they refuse to play against, then tell you how cheap you are without even playing you. or maybe its the ones who think the only honorable way to win is to use combos and ONLY combos. also, i understand its Mortal Kombat, but if your better than me, do you have to do a fatality after EVERY match?
I can't stand running in to those spanish/euro players that are constantly talking to there little brother or something and you can hear their mom in the kitchen.
lol i dont have a mic so this hasnt happened to me but thats hilarious

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Revolver, I did read what you said...apparently you didn't read what I said, so tell ya what then to end this next time don't troll the thread with off topic banter please....SMH. I'm pretty certain there's a VSM thread and this isn't it.

I ask about online irks, and some people post "offline" topics...

counter-picking is most annoying, Babalities are most insulting cuz then you know you just got owned. but the worst kind of online player is the one who quits because you pick Lao or Reptile or somebody else they refuse to play against, then tell you how cheap you are without even playing you. or maybe its the ones who think the only honorable way to win is to use combos and ONLY combos. also, i understand its Mortal Kombat, but if your better than me, do you have to do a fatality after EVERY match?
lol i dont have a mic so this hasnt happened to me but thats hilarious
Thank you for answering with one of the choices dude, I hope others use your post as a good example as it is. Yeah, CP's are a little annoying, I just give them invisible cursor lol. I tell them, ok good luck countering my mystery character lol

justin huggins

The Force of all Pushes.
Its not an option but what really peeves me are the people that are good and know they are good and they talk shit to EVERYONE rather than throw some pointers in or just have friendly competition some players just want to be complete dicks online just because they are better and they know it.