What's new

What do you find the most insulting, annoying and mocking of these choices in MK9?

What do you find the most insulting of these choices online in MK9?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
So was wondering, since I've seen this talked about a lot in various threads. Why not make an official topic for it?

This should be interesting to see.

When you guys play online, which do you find the most annoying, mocking, insulting and such?

I've listed every choice for you so feel free to discuss.

Ever play someone and beat them then they either Rage quit or send you loads of hatemail for days? Ever get someone that barely beats you and teabags you then does a babality?

Or that annoying loudmouth idiot who tries to distract you with profanity and/or loud radio play?

I'm sure we've all encountered these or one of these.

Fatalities I'm fine with, it's part of the game and for fun but while that used to be the original sign of "haha I beat you, now you die" we've seen whole other things sadly evolve thru time that people try to piss you off with.

So discuss and enjoy! I've even made a poll!

MKF30

lol, yeah that used to bother me too but since they brought back the invisible cursor option, that's no longer an issue for me :)

I just say, hey you want to CP me constantly..ok, good luck counterpicking who you don't know who the hell I am haha.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I find counterpicking the most annoying.

Play your character dammit.
Just hidden select. Problem solved.

Just looking at the answer choices, if you think fatalities are insulting, you shouldn't be playing ANY MK game let alone MK9. Fatalities are the drawing factor for MK and it's a way of pouring salt in the wound of the unfortunate victim. If you don't like them, make sure you beat the opponent so they don't have a chance to do one.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Nothing compares to the atrocity that is online latency.
And the fact you cant AA for shit. I cant count the amount of times i say "I d1'd your shit!" to my TV

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Me playing random match:

"OMG YOU SUCK MY DICK EAT SHIT YOU LOSER WHY SPAM THAT SHIT WONT WORK JESUS KILL YOURSELF WOW."
*I win the match, opp ragequits*

Shoutouts to QuantumPhysics.
Thats because everyone online is easy mode when you use Noob Saibot. You cant dash block past those tackles for shit

Enenra

Go to hell.
Thats because everyone online is easy mode when you use Noob Saibot. You cant dash block past those tackles for shit
I beg to differ. He is still mid tier online, if someone get in, be it armor or whatever, you are screwed.

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
Just hidden select. Problem solved.

Just looking at the answer choices, if you think fatalities are insulting, you shouldn't be playing ANY MK game let alone MK9. Fatalities are the drawing factor for MK and it's a way of pouring salt in the wound of the unfortunate victim. If you don't like them, make sure you beat the opponent so they don't have a chance to do one.
Maybe in the old games when you had 5 seconds to do it not 6 tries to do it! Babalities actually take skill.

MKF30

Yeah, I remember babalities in UMK3 took skill, I do like how MK9 updated it though you can block you just can't block your foes attacks...

lol I love it how certain someone will just troll the topic with offline bullshit..that nobody cares about. *yawn* I love hypocrites who don't even attent offline scenes themselves even yet lecture others.

I guess some people can't read the poll correctly lol.

"What do you find the most insulting of these choices online in MK9?

Tong Lung

What is a breaker?
I don't like fatalities cause imo they're just a waste of time, everytime someone does them I'm thinking "aww come on we've seen that crap too many times now, just get on with it already!".

Idk maybe it's cause I'm used to watching tourneys where most of the time people uppercut etc.

i babality people to hurt their feelings. when i get babalitied i feel like garbo. everything else is all part of online lmfao

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
While lag is the worst for a fighting game, its actually a combination of these things that sets me off. Like a game will be so laggy a fool who does nothing but jump kicks and uppercuts beats me because I can't AA or duck fast enough to not get hit by the uppercut. They then proceed to teabag me AND pull a fatality? The cherry on this delicious rage shake is when they spam the button for NO at the end of the match.