What's new

What Character Community downplays the Most?

JLG

Noob
Can we stop this "downplaying" labeling shit?

Everyone who starts a discussion as to why their character may not be tippy top tier is automatically labeled a downplayer now, and the conversation ends without further discussion. This completely prevents any discussion about character weaknesses.

Those complaining about "downplayers" seem like the real scrubs here. They don't want to hear that opposing characters might have weaknesses that they failed to identify and exploit, so they quash any discussion of it.

This is a game with a lot of characters with noticeably strong tools and nonobvious weaknesses. Some characters that appear very strong might fall a bit when everything is evaluated - not everyone can be top 5/10. But we'll never get there if you keep quashing all conversation by childishly labeling opponents as downplayers.

Downplaying dat downplaying. That's a new one. Well played.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I don't know which is scarier: that comment in your signature or the dog looking at me funny.

Bane for Top 10 or what?
Bane-pug approves of your fear.

The strong always triumph. However, I'm just happy with being able to go into a tourney without risking 2-8 MUs.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Wonderwoman players. Only F0xy knows what the fuck is up while all the rest downplay her to hell, I've heard WW is not top 3 lmao when she has no bad matchups at all.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Deathstroke & Doomsday.

I think Flash's downplaying is because of the Flash's overrating.

Flash people just say Flash is top 10, not top 5. Dunno if that is downplaying.

This thread more resembles teenage gossip/drama than deep discussion of the mechanics of the game.

Oh well. I've always maintained that this game is too good for this community, and the immature labeling/ad hominem downplayer arguments just support that.

Your opinion has been quashed with panache.
You're right Mr. Doombawkz, that quashing do have pan-ass.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
That's Dr. Doombawkz to you, and also "pan-ass" and "pan-aushe" are two very different pronunciations.
You should correct people with less aplomb and more scrutiny for yourself. :p

Bane forum was pronouncing words correctly back in May. :cool:

That's Dr. Doombawkz to you, and also "pan-ass" and "pan-aushe" are two very different pronunciations.
You should correct people with less aplomb and more scrutiny for yourself. :p

Bane forum was pronouncing words correctly back in May. :cool:
You've obviously never seen Django unchained.

Posthuman

Where's TJ Combo?
This thread more resembles teenage gossip/drama than deep discussion of the mechanics of the game.

Oh well. I've always maintained that this game is too good for this community, and the immature labeling/ad hominem downplayer arguments just support that.

I think its the other way around, this community is too good for this scrub friendly game.