What's new

What Character Community downplays the Most?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Thoughts? I think aquaman,deathstroke,gl, and some ba players downplay their char too much. Even some superman players lol.

Discuss :D

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
m2dave downplays enough for the entire DS & Zod Community alone.
Though Zod Players don't downplay really, DS players have downplayed tonnes since patch.
I think some of the Shazam players donwplay him, he gets zoned hard, but then they go overboard saying he's not even that good when in -.-
Ehmm... Some Superman players downplay him alot.
I can't think of many more, I guess alot of Flash players too.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
:joker: Aquaman clearly. Broken ass character like that and you still see guys trying to convince everyone trident stab is punishable n shit. Hillarious ;)

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Cyborg is rather downplayed in my opinion and batgirl is better than most people think.
Bat girl is extremely good, I have seen her pull off some crazy damage/Mixups = Salt.
Also Cyborg isn't that downplayed really, he's just under played, he's REALLY good tbh, but people disregard him which makes him seem downplayed, I think it's because he requires some mental capability to play compared to other zoners which is why people don't use him much...

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
:joker: Aquaman clearly. Broken ass character like that and you still see guys trying to convince everyone trident stab is punishable n shit. Hillarious ;)

To be fair, it's safe against most of the roster. There are only a select few characters that are able to punish it (Superman with f2 3 is an obvious example). For this reason, I raised a suggestion about moving Aquaman backwards while using Trident Rush in those match-ups where he can't get away with blocked Trident Rushes.

Doesn't change the fact it's still quite a potent tool. I love abusing that shit. :D

EDIT: And just to get it out of the way, I see Aquaman as top five.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
To be fair, it's safe against most of the roster. There are only a select few characters that are able to punish it (Superman with f2 3 is an obvious example). For this reason, I raised a suggestion about moving Aquaman backwards while using Trident Rush in those match-ups where he can't get away with blocked Trident Rushes.

Doesn't change the fact it's still quite a potent tool. I love abusing that shit. :D

EDIT: And just to get it out of the way, I see Aquaman as top five.
aqua is top 3 imo. that trident rush has so much chip mb version. almost builds a bar back lol

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
aqua is top 3 imo. that trident rush has so much chip mb version. almost builds a bar back lol

Add in the fact that Aqua has a trait which enables him to escape combos before getting launched (provided he blocks correctly), has great range on his normals, a full-screen punisher in From The Deep, high meterless damage for his BnBs, can hit-confirm into safe Trident Rush on block or Low Scoop on hit for a combo, a powerful parry which he can cancel his strings into for gimmicks...and there you go. The makings of a top character.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Add in the fact that Aqua has a trait which enables him to escape combos before getting launched (provided he blocks correctly), has great range on his normals, a full-screen punisher in From The Deep, high meterless damage for his BnBs, can hit-confirm into safe Trident Rush on block or Low Scoop on hit for a combo, a powerful parry which he can cancel his strings into for gimmicks...and there you go. The makings of a top character.
Anybody who thinks aqua is not at least top 5 is crazy imo. He is insanely good. dat d2 lol.