What's new

War of the Normalized, "Fallen Gods of Injustice": Black Adam vs Superman

Who is a better character?

• Total voters
@Peckapowa
Of the two, execution wise Adam is harder to use when it comes to high level. The reason I stated this as a factor is simply because humans make mistakes. More often then not players stick to what the easiest, most viable way to win the MU unless they have to start going deep down the bag of tricks to win. I agree with you on some of your points but just because you know all the tech, rather its situational or in general, doesn't mean at any point in high level play you won't mess up and that's what I'm implying. Adam is more execution heavy then Superman meaning at a high level you will have to resort to hard to pull off shit if you want to win and unless you are on point or aren't under pressure, it can be hard. Supermans tech, more or less, isn't that hard to do to be effective. The way Adam is in this current version is and that's why you aren't seeing his ass much, you need to be on point with everything you do at a high level and that's why I said what I said. I understand what you are saying, you see what I'm saying though?
i think you aren't seeing black adam much, because people prefer to play other characters, not because of the execution barrier, and because prepatch black adam players were beating people because nooone knew how to play the fucking game and we had an evo winner than would dash 3 times up into your face and mash f23

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i think you aren't seeing black adam much, because people prefer to play other characters, not because of the execution barrier, and because prepatch black adam players were beating people because nooone knew how to play the fucking game and we had an evo winner than would dash 3 times up into your face and mash f23
I'm sure Rico, a 6 year Abel player with godlike fundamentals and reads was only winning because nobody knew how to play the game. And Smarrgasm was surely taking advantage of his local scene only playing him for hours and hours every time so he scrubbed out victories.

Prepatch BA was what Aquaman is now, he didn't even demolish any characters you'd viably use in tournament outside of Bane.

I'm sure Rico, a 6 year Abel player with godlike fundamentals and reads was only winning because nobody knew how to play the game. And Smarrgasm was surely taking advantage of his local scene only playing him for hours and hours every time so he scrubbed out victories.

Prepatch BA was what Aquaman is now, he didn't even demolish any characters you'd viably use in tournament outside of Bane.
i wasn't referring to those too, i was talking about the general black adam population. rico doesn't play the game much but he's still good so smarr is the only one left.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i wasn't referring to those too, i was talking about the general black adam population. rico doesn't play the game much but he's still good so smarr is the only one left.
Then don't say black adam players. Especially when it doesn't matter because only those 2 players played him in tournament at a high lvl with competition that knew the MU.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
superman zod 5-5??? mmmmm i don't think so... supes has no method of stopping trait full screen and his only answers to iazb are EXTREMELY risky and highly punishable... zods runaway his extremely effective... i'd say its 6-4 zod and on some stages 7-3 zods favor

and which superman are you referring too??? theo or dab?
Go even or beat Theo and I will believe you.

Zod loses terribly to Superman at mid range for obvious reasons.

Superman has a good forward dash, a godly j.1, and lasers to stop Zod from back dashing and jumping away.

Superman has very good come back factor with ambiguous dive punch set ups in the corner.

Black Adam has no dirt and he's too honest. His oki was only really good back when wake ups sucked. And most of his ambiguous dive kicks/bomb setups/mixups can be fuzzy guarded.

Only his backdash and maybe dive kick needed nerfs imo. MB Lightning was a huge part of his zoning game. And safe dive kick was just really annoying but people would've learned how to shut down dive kick even if it was safe on block. Aris and MAD KOF are still the only 2 players I saw correctly shut down pre-patch foot dives.

He's still viable and probably high mid/mid tier at worst. But Superman is overall a better character because of his OTGs, better zoning, better footsies and trait.

Last edited:
Then don't say black adam players. Especially when it doesn't matter because only those 2 players played him in tournament at a high lvl with competition that knew the MU.
you are right, godspeed didn't win a major or anything. tournaments weren't littered with black adam players.

Error404

Noob
If you play superman and you're not winning , thats on you . Just cause your f23 doesn't hit half screen away post patch doesn't mean its bad and just cause you have to guess once for your 100% corner combos doesn't mean supes isn't top 5 . Black Adam was nerfed . Superman was made beatable .

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
you are right, godspeed didn't win a major or anything. tournaments weren't littered with black adam players.
Rico was the most dominant BA, Smarrgasm is now. Godspeed won a major but he was not as dominant as Rico.

The point is, don't compare random BA players who never made it out of pools to justify how nobody knew how to fight him when people were too dumb to block lightning strike on reaction or punish divekicks until the 3rd time it was nerfed.

Rico was the most dominant BA, Smarrgasm is now. Godspeed won a major but he was not as dominant as Rico.

The point is, don't compare random BA players who never made it out of pools to justify how nobody knew how to fight him when people were too dumb to block lightning strike on reaction or punish divekicks until the 3rd time it was nerfed.
what are we even talking about anymore??? rico was awesome i know this... all i was arguing is that black adam's lack of tournament use does not reflect the character's abilities.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I am talking about their tech in general and the characters in general and why execution matters between these two at a high level. You don't see many Black Adam players anymore because they don't want to dive into him but Black Adam players are still in abundance online and they definitely know what they are doing. But what do I know. I've only been to 1 injustice tournament and went 3-2. I'm just a random online scrub lol

I am talking about their tech in general and the characters in general and why execution matters between these two at a high level. You don't see many Black Adam players anymore because they don't want to dive into him but Black Adam players are still in abundance online and they definitely know what they are doing. But what do I know. I've only been to 1 injustice tournament and went 3-2. I'm just a random online scrub lol
i don't tend to judge tiers on tournament placings i tend to judge based on the characters tools and how they would play out at the highest level, i will consider whether things are consistent or difficult to react to or overall overwhelming to be realsitic. I think we just theoretically different. Also i don't think the injustice community is large enough to judge tiers based on tournaments, it owuld need to be much bigger with people who invest hours breaking shit down and practicing on tournament standards. Plus you need years for a game to be broken down. It's a theoretical discussion. I tend to lean vary heavy on execution doesn't matter because human beings are capable of extremely high execution, so i tend to forfeit the notion that "easier" = "better" when it comes to competitive play. If we had a player pool like starcraft or even japanese street fighter i think it owuld be different. I also don't think if top player a beats top player b in a set that doesn't mean that much. Even the best player can suck at a matchup.

you also have to consider the ability to tech roll and/or consistently punish dive bombs. If you run into a player who has extremely good defense that viability lowers. Just food for thought.

rico is still good at the game, but nobody was good at the game back then.

i don't tend to judge tiers on tournament placings i tend to judge based on the characters tools and how they would play out at the highest level, i will consider whether things are consistent or difficult to react to or overall overwhelming to be realsitic. I think we just theoretically different. Also i don't think the injustice community is large enough to judge tiers based on tournaments, it owuld need to be much bigger with people who invest hours breaking shit down and practicing on tournament standards. Plus you need years for a game to be broken down. It's a theoretical discussion. I tend to lean vary heavy on execution doesn't matter because human beings are capable of extremely high execution, so i tend to forfeit the notion that "easier" = "better" when it comes to competitive play. If we had a player pool like starcraft or even japanese street fighter i think it owuld be different. I also don't think if top player a beats top player b in a set that doesn't mean that much. Even the best player can suck at a matchup.

you also have to consider the ability to tech roll and/or consistently punish dive bombs. If you run into a player who has extremely good defense that viability lowers. Just food for thought.
Wouldn't by that logic Killer Frost would be top 5 with her 70% just frame reset? And Joker would be able to put you in earth shaker set ups constantly and take away Atleast 40% each touch?

I see what you mean tho, like T Hawk having negative edge throws leading to safe command grabs.

Wouldn't by that logic Killer Frost would be top 5 with her 70% just frame reset? And Joker would be able to put you in earth shaker set ups constantly and take away Atleast 40% each touch?
well, how easy is it for killer frost to land a hit on a good opponent??? same goes for joker, if joker has no viable options of touching or getting in on half the cast then how does joker blow anyone up in the first place. As i said, i would factor in things that are simply unreliable, which a just frame might be in the kfrost circumstance, you can't plink in injustice.

but joker could very well be better than the credit we are giving him. He doesn't have much representation and he can reset you to death. hard to judge a char like that.

Vagrant

Noob
Superman I think is in better shape.

F2, divebomb, damage, air dash, identical startup animation (not time) on laser/zap, and the ability to feint lasers with breath puts him in better shape.

I still think BA is good though. He might be by DS on the tier list.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Superman I think is in better shape.

F2, divebomb, damage, air dash, identical startup animation (not time) on laser/zap, and the ability to feint lasers with breath puts him in better shape.

I still think BA is good though. He might be by DS on the tier list.
BA has 3-7 matchups, DS doesn't.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player

I almost 100% completely agree. I was just speaking in a general sense. I think some people in this community lab like crazy and just don't share their ways. Also SF players have to lab because the gimmicks in SF aren't anywhere near as heavy as NRS fighters. That being said heavy execution is in all the characters I play so I agree and understand what you are saying. I think alot of people don't lab as much as they should in this game especially when the play a dominant character but lets be honest, how much do you need to lab when you use characters like bane :joker:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I don't know the extent of his matchups since I don't play the character. Maybe DS is better. But I start saying things like that, and I can hear @General M2Dave 's accent in the distance yelling at me already.
I used to do extremely well with him when I used him in my local scene, if I dare say he's outside of the top 10 I get called a scrub and that I don't know my own character lol.