What's new

War of the Normalized, "Fallen Gods of Injustice": Black Adam vs Superman

Who is a better character?

• Total voters

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
So on twitter I've noticed that @MF SLAYER and some others have been arguing about who is better between these fallen gods of Injustice?

Slayer believes that Black Adam is the superior character while others like @Tm_whiteboi @SatsuiYesHadou believe that Superman is the better of the two.

I personally think I would give the edge to Superman but not by too much just like the difference they had pre-patch where they were pretty close. I just see Superman as a more solid character overall with his tools but Adam is by no means bad.

I wanted to see what TYM thinks.

Keep it civil.

AND GO!

Last edited by a moderator:

Crathen

Death is my business
I feel they're equal , just that Superman players in general have it easier execution wise ( and setup wise , Black adams don't even attempt at his advanced setups even now where everyone and their mothers superman know and can do divebombs setups ).

To further explain that , i feel both are in ( or near ) the top 10 , if one has to be better than another i'd say Superman as he fairs better vs Bane and other top tiers than Adam , Adam has better counterzoning options than superman but zones worse than him , both their better mixups are off knockdowns , Superman divebomb is unsafe ( but OTGs ) and rarely consistently combos outside the corner where Adam MB Dk is + and can combo from anywhere , their wakeup game are on par , Superman has more damage but Adam gets better chip and throw attempts w trait , both their OH /low game isn't as strong as other 50 50 characters

Last edited:
black adam bad mu's: aquaman, zod (bard), mmh,

superman bad mu's: aquaman, zod (pretty bard), others

same character

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I feel they're equal , just that Superman players in general have it easier execution wise ( and setup wise , Black adams don't even attempt at his advanced setups even now where everyone and their mothers superman know and can do divebombs setups )
Yea Adams setups are good but hard to do and also not guaranteed to get an attempt like Superman cause of the OTG. Ive gotten to where i can do orb cancel crossup divekicks almost every time but theres still factors that make it not as good. You still have to mix it with normal stuff or people catch on.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I vote Superman. I see his design as rounded enough to avoid super difficult matchups that Black Adam has.

Fuudo for thought: Why are these characters not doing as well as they should, even considering the nerfs?
I think Adam doesnt do as well cause he struggles against the most relevant tournament characters (Batgirl, Zod, MMH, Aquaman)

Also most people either dropped him or stopped playing as much. Rico i know almost never plays the game and after Final Round I havent been playing or going to many tournaments either other than CEO. Big boy might be the only one left that trains and goes to big tournies and even he couldnt make EVO.

Superman feels about the same where its only Slayer and Theo/KDZ when they feel like playing him for certain MUs.

better movement:even superman has air dash beats floaty jump... plus supes has better bdash now but ba has dive kick
footsie: f23> b23, but ba has divekick and mb lighting mid range... black adam also has better pokes... both have decent anti-airs supes might be better... overall i think f23 is stronger in that area.
anti-zoning: black adam distinct advantage
wakeup: um pretty equal possible black adam favor due to damage
up close game: supes has f23 pressure and little gimmick mixups trait cancel... black adam has trait cancels lightning gimmicks tick throw... you tell me which is better
zoning: superman distinct advantage : though black adams backward jump options and trait prove to be decent at runaway, his lightning nerf really hits him hard
intangibles: superman's trait allows him to anti-armor. black adam can turtle with trait and anti-armor but not nearly as effective as supes trait.... superman is more devastating in the corner game, superman's mb b3 and f3 are far better tools..
damage:equal in my opinion: good bnbs for both, black adam gets great damage everywhere on screen superman is insane in the corner

overall: supes appears to be better because he has better "intangibles"(should have chosen a different word) and his zoning is much more useful which is huge in this game... because of lack of walk speed enabling turtler advantage.

You forgetting some matchups lol. Black Adam gets bodied by WW

yeah i didn't run through the whole list i got lazy and wasn't that serious, black adam also struggles with batman and possibly gl and batgirl, and cyborg

supes struggles with raven i've heard and some of his even matchups might be slightly in oppositions favor on paper... also sinestro and cyborg could be challenging

Superman vs. Zod is 5:5. Only one Superman player knows how to play the match up.

Black Adam may have other bad match ups like Batgirl and The Flash.
superman zod 5-5??? mmmmm i don't think so... supes has no method of stopping trait full screen and his only answers to iazb are EXTREMELY risky and highly punishable... zods runaway his extremely effective... i'd say its 6-4 zod and on some stages 7-3 zods favor

and which superman are you referring too??? theo or dab?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Superman, mostly because he's easier to use and his mobility is better. Black Adam has to deal with a lot of bullshit that Superman doesn't.
I definitely agree with this. If superman was on the same execution level as Adam then they would be even IMO. Superman is just easier to use in general with easy to use tech that gives godlike results.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
ba has slightly stronger whiff punishing damage midscreen but supes has better gimmicks, zoning, air dash, dive punch, high corner damage into setups, good intractable damage and setups. he might actually lose to adam himself but he's still better but not by too much but also not slightly. I might even be missing some stuff. I also found a new midscreen combo that does 46% with supes so supes might even have better midscreen damage too except he has to use meter and ba doesn't.

they are both extremely strong characters and go toe to toe but in the end when adam says his power equals supes, no ones does.

I definitely agree with this. If superman was on the same execution level as Adam then they would be even IMO. Superman is just easier to use in general with easy to use tech that gives godlike results.

lets not judge how good a character is by execution, when discussing tiers or character viability it refers to the highest level of play... neither character is execution heavy enough to debate the viability of that execution in regards to character viability.

Crathen

Death is my business
lets not judge how good a character is by execution, when discussing tiers or character viability it refers to the highest level of play... neither character is execution heavy enough to debate the viability of that execution in regards to character viability.
I get your point but let's look at facts , how many Black Adams consistently use blockstrings into crossup/fake crossup DK or 13 knockdown into 50/50 mb DK , i still see missed MB DK combos unlike Superman ABC combos.

Ease of use is a factor you should weight in when you judge a character.