What's new

Wake-Up tier list

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
ive been trying to avoid arguing with you lol but if you insist
probably? that depends on the character and its no different than going for a reset and getting a little less damage

he can dash or block to but this is about wakeup attacks right? mb f3 gets reversed so it wont hit, mb b3 can be blocked

what do you mean by my logic? every wakeup isnt easily stuffed by a neutral jump

What I meant by "your logic" was that you are saying LM is easily beaten by neutral jump. The implication being that it is a bad wakeup because it can be countered. I'm saying that all wakeups have a counter. So if your talking point for LM being bad is because it can be countered, then you are essentially saying all wakeups are bad, because they all have a counter.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
What I meant by "your logic" was that you are saying LM is easily beaten by neutral jump. The implication being that it is a bad wakeup because it can be countered. I'm saying that all wakeups have a counter. So if your talking point for LM being bad is because it can be countered, then you are essentially saying all wakeups are bad, because they all have a counter.
i wasnt saying its bad because its stufed by neutral jump i was demonstrating a point to someone, i was saying GL's wakeups in general are horrible
Are you serious? GL has worse wakeups than Raven? No. You can stuff ravens wakeups with a throw, and not even try to stuff my wakeup when doing so.
lol with a throw? i gotta try that

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
She can do that hmmm im going to have to try this out.
Yea go into practice and set him to staff spin, if you do it right you can get d2 up guns j2 112, granted it's 20+% but it's still nice. Flying grayson is much easier you can d2 it on reaction from anywhere on screen where the hitbox is.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
i wasnt saying its bad because its stufed by neutral jump i was demonstrating a point to someone, i was saying GL's wakeups in general are horrible
I don't really know what else to say. I disagree with your points and your theories and think you are wrong. You think you're right. Shrug. Agree to disagree and we can both move on.

Also, while I still vehemently disagree with your list, I'd like to point out that Doomsdays up venom also loses to neutral jump. And it's more negative. And you don't get as much out of it if you're right as you do with LM. Further, just like GL, all his other wakeups get blown up with generic normals. So I don't see any way, even on your list, how GL is worse off than DD.

That is what I am saying..the timing changes depending on the set-up. How are you going to know when that single frame is? I am sure it is easier if you are stuffing wakeups with a multihitting move...but for many characters they have a single hitting move they use to stuff wakeups.

I mean if so then that is great.

Edit: @Fred Marvel that completely depends again on the characters neutral jump height and their character type hit box

I think you guys are over simplifying a lot of variables that go into play here. The world of anti-wakeup tech is very Character dependent and MU dependent.

Same thing goes with wakeup reversals in the corner
Were just trying to downplay GL...thats what this whole thread is about

Fred Marvel

I don't really know what else to say. I disagree with your points and your theories and think you are wrong. You think you're right. Shrug. Agree to disagree and we can both move on.

Also, while I still vehemently disagree with your list, I'd like to point out that Doomsdays up venom also loses to neutral jump. And it's more negative. And you don't get as much out of it if you're right as you do with LM. Further, just like GL, all his other wakeups get blown up with generic normals. So I don't see any way, even on your list, how GL is worse off than DD.
wakeups that advance you are better than ones that dont, venom isnt -26, mb venom is safe, you cant mb lm on block

ok heres why GL's wakeups are shitty:
he only has 1 usable wakeup
its-26 on block
its not fully invincible and can be stuffed

now is lanterns might a bad move? of course not its an amazing move but as a wakeup? its not great honestly if you get caught by wakeup lift you just got greedy and if you get caught consistently by it you probably just arent good at the game at all. and about him getting more off of it than DD thats because DD players dont do combos lol

Fred Marvel

Lift must be respected and leads to a combo into a potential round ending guessing game. I don't think you understand how fighting games work.
wake up lift is starts a guessing game for both players if its blocked youre fucked if its not youre good. and what round ending guessing game? lol
thats only if you dont have wakeups and in the corner, midscreen his "vortex" is easily blocked, if im wrong please elaborate

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
wake up lift is starts a guessing game for both players if its blocked youre fucked if its not youre good. and what round ending guessing game? lol
thats only if you dont have wakeups and in the corner, midscreen his "vortex" is easily blocked, if im wrong please elaborate

This makes no sense. If you get hit by wakeup lift you're probably a bad player because you should have blocked or neutral jumped. But somehow wakeup lift is a bad wakeup attack even though it makes you give up your offense and block or neutral jump.

I think you should probably worry less about GL 3-7 mu and mobility and rethink your understanding of general FG theory and risk/reward.

Fred Marvel

This makes no sense. If you get hit by wakeup lift you're probably a bad player because you should have blocked or neutral jumped. But somehow wakeup lift is a bad wakeup attack even though it makes you give up your offense and block or neutral jump.

I think you should probably worry less about GL 3-7 mu and mobility and rethink your understanding of general FG theory and risk/reward.
i said if you get hit by it consistently you probably arent good lol why are you changing what i said??? do you have nothing better to do than try to make me look bad?
it makes sense because if you consistently get caught by something that is obviously coming you arent adapting therefor probably arent good

i think you should worry less about what im saying and more about reading and comprehending the text on your screen :)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i said if you get hit by it consistently you probably arent good lol why are you changing what i said??? do you have nothing better to do than try to make me look bad?
it makes sense because if you consistently get caught by something that is obviously coming you arent adapting therefor probably arent good

i think you should worry less about what im saying and more about reading and comprehending the text on your screen :)

.....you adapt to it by guessing it's coming and not attacking. This is the key role of a wakeup attack.

Nevermind. Carry on.

Fred Marvel

.....you adapt to it by guessing it's coming and not attacking. This is the key role of a wakeup attack.

Nevermind. Carry on.
you adapt by baiting and punishing and why didnt you acknowledge the rest of my post why were you trying to make me look bad lol this site sometimes

Nevermind. Carry on.
Bit, GL players wont listen but they will keep complaining about his mobility and 3-7 matchups no matter how many "3-7s" Orochi wins. They are filthy race and are the scum of the earth.:REO

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
This is an absolutely dreadful thread. How can something like this nonsense stay open but an important thread about the management and accountability of Final Round is closed?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You think it's an outright terrible one.

Fully invincible, leads to 30% or more. Some characters wish their wakeups at least did one of these things. I'm not even saying it's good. I'm saying it's not trash. Trash is Joker, Batman, Cyborg, etc.
How the hell is Joker or Cyborg trash on wakeup?

GL lift isn't even invincible.

everything in too matchup based to make a tier list in this game, wakeup attacks in this game may have enough invincibility in some matchup and other matchups they don't. And some wakeup attacks are really good against the majority of the cast but isnt that great in a matchup were a specific character happens to have an option select/safe counter for it

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Lol GA wake ups aren't that bad. At all. Unless you're fighting Doomsday or Bane, he has answers to everything.