What's new

Ugh Bungie...Locked Content: Your thoughts?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
You are all just mad that you aren't as good at me in PvP. Come at me on 360, I'll carry you to victory or rape you in defeat.
The current PVP is pretty garbage. It's fun, but super scrubby right now. The shotguns and fusion rifles are getting a nerf soon, but that's only part of the problem.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The current PVP is pretty garbage. It's fun, but super scrubby right now. The shotguns and fusion rifles are getting a nerf soon, but that's only part of the problem.
i think you meant to say "Assault Rifles are getting a nerf soon"

out ranging scout rifles and pulse rifles is/was/alwayswillbe the dumbest thing this game has had.

Same for the fusion rifle. Mid range one shot kill. No... thank.... you.

out ranging scout rifles and pulse rifles is/was/alwayswillbe the dumbest thing this game has had.

I don't think AR's needed a nerf. Granted I'm bias because they are my weapon of choice, still I don't get free kills with them unlike I do with shotguns or fusion rifles. That said, I think pulse and scout rifles are garbage in comparison. But the solution in my mind wouldn't be to nerf AR's it would be to buff pulse and scout rifles. My buddy uses primarily a pulse rifle and does fine with it, they just need a little boost.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Yeah AR's outperform Scouts/Pulse since it does what they do, except with auto fire. I use AR's as a primary though I can see me switching to pulse after the buff. I'm trying like hell to finally get a purple auto rifle so I can finally take on the damn Vault.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

The one shot kill weapons are what is broken, at least you can get away from the auto rifles. Getting constantly one shotted by everything means there's little you can do about it. The snipers require headshots, so they're fine, you can also see the person zooming in because of the big red light. But all the other one shot kill weapons, need a nerf big time, way too scrubby as is.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I must admit I was totally on that hype train. I've been raving about this to various friends etc. to buy it, and well yes I feel somewhat let down with some of the decisions made. To put it in context however, I've had 50 hours+ of fun so far, albeit a bit of grinding as others have said, though more content is filtering through all the time. They jump on bugs pretty quickly and communicate their plans well.

There's not a lot left to do for me currently other than the raid, and grinding shards, and I still agree with them being harder to come by (removing of queen legendarys etc.) since people would start of become over leveled for the raid too quickly.

With such a budget on the line though, I'm sure they will do everything they can to keep players interest, or they will have wasted a huge opportunity to make something great.

Last edited:

Crathen

Death is my business
Yes it makes me sad the story is realisticaly cut up and redesigned and it's gonna be resold.The potential is still huge and i blame Activision for the shady stuff.

But the + of the game make hella up for it , yesterday i played the raid w 6 players everyone on mic and this is really where pve shines , if there were 3 raids from the jump this game would be fantastic pve co-op multiplayer , the chat was madness when we first encoutered the templar , labyrinth and the disappearing platforms.

Pvp is gonna get balanced out hopefully fast enough.

Game is great outside the cut up story.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
The prospect of this Raid is the single thing that made me grit my teeth and just grind out Rep / Marks / Gear. I was perfectly content on sitting at lvl 25 but then Bungie had to dangle that damn carrot. PvP is fun but it's not enough to sustain my interest for too long.

Btw is anyone using the handcannon in pvp?
I'm not, I'll say that it does not look that great. Every person I've encountered using one has gotten destroyed both on my team and against. I'm most commonly killed by Rockets, Shotguns, Fusion Rifles and Hunter Trait. The only one that truly annoys me of those is the hunter trait, in particular blade dance because I can see the guy is just jumping and spamming melee with his eyes closed.

Crathen

Death is my business
Btw is anyone using the handcannon in pvp?
Used them a lot in the when i got Thorn handcannon and they're pretty decent outside of the one-above-all assault rifles , takes 3 headshots / 4 bodyshots per kill or 2 headshot and 1 bodyshot , i like being more agile when hipfiring without aiming to evade shots and move faster.

If there's one thing i can't grasp right now is being a good sniper , i get some headshots here and there and have good ratio games but at times i get bodied.Halp?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Used them a lot in the when i got Thorn handcannon and they're pretty decent outside of the one-above-all assault rifles , takes 3 headshots / 4 bodyshots per kill or 2 headshot and 1 bodyshot , i like being more agile when hipfiring without aiming to evade shots and move faster.

If there's one thing i can't grasp right now is being a good sniper , i get some headshots here and there and have good ratio games but at times i get bodied.Halp?
aim for the neck

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati

I don't think that assault rifles need a nerf more that the others need a buff. (rate of fire whatever). Shotguns need to be nerfed. Fusion rifles need to be nerfed. They need to give snipers a shorter range scope. Titans need to lose invulnerability "frames" on their supers. Blade dancer needs a shorter duration. The list goes on. I just use it to smash shitters into the ground.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
So it's about adjusting the shot w the recoil?Gonna try.

Also anyone got some vids / map points for sniping? I have some but you never know what people can come up with.
Honestly I catch more people sprinting right at me in the open than not.

Then again I play control because of the nature of the game keeps people from just running around the map like a crazy person.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I don't think that assault rifles need a nerf more that the others need a buff. (rate of fire whatever). Shotguns need to be nerfed. Fusion rifles need to be nerfed. They need to give snipers a shorter range scope. Titans need to lose invulnerability "frames" on their supers. Blade dancer needs a shorter duration. The list goes on. I just use it to smash shitters into the ground.
AR's are stupid right now

the range at which they are 100% accurate is way to powerful for any other gun to compete against that isn't another AR. They just shouldn't be beating out pulse and scout rifles like they do right now.

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
It's idealistic to think a vocal minority is going to change the game industry through boycotts.
Big companies like Activision only know how to respond to the vocal minority, because most of their decision makers aren't gamers and will never play the game they work to promote. Either way, it worked in the mid-80s when home consoles nearly ceased to exist due to game developers producing copy/paste bullshit, knowing weens would buy it as fast as they could.

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
The patch that's releasing will help alleviate some problems with loot drops and whatnot by actually rewarding you for doing missions, strikes, etc instead of shit rewards.

That aside, I havent had this much fun since the orignal GOW days. Game is super fun all around. Got my hunter to level 27 and then decided I wanted a warlock. Got him to 20 today and am going to start the grind with him to hopefully get him to raid level shortly.

I've been using the Suros Regime in PVP and while I like it, I have been outgunned by faster firing weapons that aren't exotics.

Overall for me the game is a 9/10 for the sheet fun of it. And the raid is both fun and annoying to go through and will ultimately keep me coming back for more in the long run.