What's new

Ugh Bungie...Locked Content: Your thoughts?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
So as most of you are aware I am pretty critical of Destiny. While I have stated that it has MAJOR potential I felt it fell flat in many areas. However while a lot of my gripes ARE fixable post patch the major problem I have is the obvious locked content that has already been created but held back for a cash grab. As demonstrated in the link below it has been proven by a bug that allows players to view disk locked content that Bungie had created MASSIVE amounts of content for Destiny and simply locked it off and served us a 1/3 of the game.

What is everyone's feelings on this? I personally cannot stand when companies do this and it makes me never want to buy their DLC.

Keep in mind that this is just what is on the planets we already have access to... also note that the highest level is 28 soooo...

@Vagrant how are you gonna defend this one bro?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/destiny-bug-reveals-unreleased-content/1100-6422614/

Edit: Here is one of MANY areas people have broken into that ARE on the disk

Destiny : Kings Watch Secrets:

Last edited:

haketh

Noob
The list is just marked stuff for later, it's not actually locked on disc. It's not the SFXT problem.

Fractured_Shadow

The list is just marked stuff for later, it's not actually locked on disc. It's not the SFXT problem.
It is on the disk. The glitch happens when you are locked out of the tower. It reveals all content currently created however you cant access anything.

haketh

Noob
Exactly, the game has markers for future plans but the content itself is not actually on disk & playable. This is standard design so that stuff can be added in later seamlessly. If I end up being wrong and it is a SFXT situation Bungie gotta hold that hate they're gonna get.

Fractured_Shadow

Exactly, the game has markers for future plans but the content itself is not actually on disk & playable. This is standard design so that stuff can be added in later seamlessly. If I end up being wrong and it is a SFXT situation Bungie gotta hold that hate they're gonna get.
People are already working on it lol. Keep in mind too that THIS much data cant be created in the time frame they have laid out for their DLC

Hades

Noob
Honestly dude just get drunk and play this game, it is fucking awesome. Me and one of the lads got on the turps and played this on saturday and it was a ripper of a time. I swear everythings so fast paced and hard out its trippy as fuck, give it a go man you won't regret it

E

Eldriken

I dont even care anymore at this point Im trading this garbage in for Shadow of Mordor tomorrow
I've heard a lot of people say they're going to do something similar.

I think this has a lot to do with Activision and not so much Bungie.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I've heard a lot of people say they're going to do something similar.

I think this has a lot to do with Activision and not so much Bungie.
Doesnt matter whose fault it is the final product is just one big joke to me and I have no desire to play it at all anymore

E

Eldriken

Doesnt matter whose fault it is the final product is just one big joke to me and I have no desire to play it at all anymore
Can't really blame you there, dude. You see more recycled content in Destiny than almost any other game. It really is kind of sad and depressing.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Destiny : Kings Watch Secrets:

@haketh

Ya... sooo it was already on the disk... here is one of the sections lol...
That doesn't look completed to me. Look at the boss's name. Bungie was obviously not done with that yet.

And we don't know if they intended to release it as paid DLC. It could be something like Vault of Glass that comes out for free later.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Can't really blame you there, dude. You see more recycled content in Destiny than almost any other game. It really is kind of sad and depressing.
Its cool Titanfall had its last map pack come out last week and honestly thats been the most rewarding current gen experience Ive had so far, way better FPS than Destiny imo and that was the best part of Destiny lol. Im just glad we have SoM ending up being actually good and full of content and not being over hyped after this utter disappointment of a game. Plus LOTR music is more hype than Destiny's.

Last edited:

The_REAL_xVAPORx

smoke reset bot
there is one hell of a shit storm brewing at activision HQ, they are catching so much dissent for the way they dropped the ball with this game. the only fix is to start releasing content (free of course) and it has to be soon.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I've always felt the writing was on the wall for this game.

-Activision
-Activision + MMO
-Bungie Leads leave before production
-500 Million Budget
-Gameplay to Trailer reveal ratio fucked up
-Barebones Beta
-Early leak showing all of the small-sized content of the full game
-Firing of Marty O'Donnell

All I want is for the soundtrack to be released.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
As long as there's no on disc content that they'll want me to pay to unlock, I'm fine with it. As it is, I don't have the time to even explore what's on the disc currently.

If they plan on rolling out additional content that's already on disc over time, I'm cool with that.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
lol, I am not sure why anyone is surprised by this anymore. I would have guessed that most of the early "DLC" would just be time released stuff and maybe we actually get some add-on content further down the road to keep people interested.

cyke_out

Noob
Don't care, still having fun with my friends and I will buy whatever dlc is offered as long as I am still having fun.

Save your sanctimonious accusations. I'm a grown man who can vote how I want to with my wallet. It's idealistic to think a vocal minority is going to change the game industry through boycotts.

E

Eldriken

As long as there's no on disc content that they'll want me to pay to unlock, I'm fine with it. As it is, I don't have the time to even explore what's on the disc currently.

If they plan on rolling out additional content that's already on disc over time, I'm cool with that.
Dude, some of the content that we saw in that video is part of an expansion pack. I would NOT be surprised if upon its release it's only a 108kb file that we download, which is merely an UNLOCK file that gives you access to the content. If that's what it is, then the full content of the expansion pack is on the disc, just locked away.