What's new

TYM's Hot Topic of the Week: Do we ban Scorpion from tournament play?

Should Scorpion be banned from tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Why not just take him out the game and replace with johnny 5? Yes ban him,I agree the character is fucking stupid.unless I'm aquaman I have no idea how to approach scorp at all.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I voted yes, and I have played PL enough to know what Scorpion is capable of.

He either A) Makes you run around like a fucking retard trying to abuse characters techniques that avoid the teleport, or

B) Makes you sit there stagnant and try to block his 50,000 crossups until he meter burns one and blows you up/repeats due to the advantage on block.

In this game, the side to side mobility is too much. Play PL in the mess hall on arkham with the pig. Do it I dare you.

REAL TALK:

compare list of people who are voting yes to those who vote no.

One thing i noticed about ones voting no are they arent tourney players, they are online players who probably dont even play the real competition therefor dont know what a real scorp is even really like.

Sorry for the truth

I agree with what you say about Scorpion, but thats really not fair. You're doing the same as Zaf here, you're dismissing someone's opinion based on something irrelevant to the argument.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Scorpion's brain dead. Punishing teleports on block isn't like the whole solution here. It's a very strong move, it whiff punishes pretty effectively also.

You sit in one spot, hellfire. You move in air or move forward in some manner that can be hit by teleport, you can be hit. His j.3 and j.2 hit boxes are so good too for pressure against a lot of people.

Go look at the KombatNetwork archives for some of the Scorpion play yesterday. It's hilarious man

B W1zZ

Noob
REAL TALK:

compare list of people who are voting yes to those who vote no.

One thing i noticed about ones voting no are they arent tourney players, they are online players who probably dont even play the real competition therefor dont know what a real scorp is even really like.

Sorry for the truth

I'm a tourney player, I play real competition and I voted no. And I know what a real scorpion looks like. So therefore in my opinion your logic is flawed sir.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
Every fighting game has rules and strategy. When scorps was announced my first question in my head was how do you block the teleport. Based on the answer I knew he was going to be messed up. Any person with half a brain can see he was not thought out properly in the context of this game. The original cast not one of the have an attacking teleport. Aeres and ravens are used for set ups and wake ups etc. in short. He defies the game. I voted to ban. Think of the greater good of the game. This I a good game minus a few issues. Lets fix this one ourselves. Thanks,

Lol last night I literally watched REO, top scorpion player, sarcastically rant about how "fine" Scorpion is and how "skillful" he is for idk how long. To add to that guys like Tom Brady, CD Jr, Rico Suave, ect. were talking about how bad he was. Guys like them have the most experience vs top players so they know what they're talking about.

But oh yeah Perfect Legend said he's ok so he must be fine

zaf

professor
All you have to do is play MKT UMK3 and problem solved

meta game downloaded
You are completely missing the point. You are just saying that the comparison is stupid because mk has a block button. When my comparison is about the pace of the games. Scorpion in igau essentially forces you to play rock paper scissors. That is where my comparison to the other games lies.

The winner of a match shouldnt be decided at a character select screen, GTFO.
if it shouldn't, then don't pick a character that makes you lose. Problem solved.

Lmao. I thought I was trolling hard, but your on another level. Good job bro.
I am not trolling....

I think people just need to learn to punish his tele on block properly and learn how to defend against him. He does have that YOLO factor but at the same time I think people are overreacting. He's not unbeatable.
this

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
maybe we should ban Scorp's tele :16Bit, he'd lose 90% combos and power w/o it :16Bit.
srsly, ban scorpion, wtf?

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I've already said in my threads my opinion on Scorp and don't feel like typing it out again.

The short of it is Scorp is not the most broken aspect of the game. If you want to get ban happy, there's plenty of things that are tournament proven to ban first.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You are completely missing the point. You are just saying that the comparison is stupid because mk has a block button. When my comparison is about the pace of the games. Scorpion in igau essentially forces you to play rock paper scissors. That is where my comparison to the other games lies.

if it shouldn't, then don't pick a character that makes you lose. Problem solved.

I am not trolling....

this
Maaaan you dont get it do you.

You could throw any Scorpion player at me now, and I'll tear them to pieces, but the process of doing so isn't the way this game is meant to be played. No other character in the game has such a constant prescence on screen, can whiff punish you everywhere, gets 5050s everytime they jump half screen, is immune to environments etc etc.

Lol last night I literally watched REO, top scorpion player, sarcastically rant about how "fine" Scorpion is and how "skillful" he is for idk how long. To add to that guys like Tom Brady, CD Jr, Rico Suave, ect. were talking about how bad he was. Guys like them have the most experience vs top players so they know what they're talking about.

But oh yeah Perfect Legend said he's ok so he must be fine
Not being funny but PL is definitely not one to talk to about Scorpion being fine. He's one of the biggest downplayers of all.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Heres what I think the real problem is,

besides talking about the obvious (he isn't a character built for the fundamentals and engine of this game)

He totally kills hype for me watching, and playing.

If we as a community want MLG to pick this game up, then some diversity in characters and hype matches better start happening soon. Because right now, there is 0 hype for me on almost all streams and matches I watch of this game. And it is getting even more and more boring to play.

I have not played the top level scorps but I have played some good ones, and while yes he is beatable, it is boring as fuck to watch, and super unhype to play.

Just my 2 cents, I have a feeling we will see after CEO and Evo, I for one am pretty fuckin sick of watching Black Adam, Superman, Scorpion and Green Lantern on streems.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Imo, if anyone has played umk3/mkt or mk4, you would have a better understanding of what's going on.
That's bs... In that game you had a run button to get in quick and an insta-block with a button if you saw teleport. In Injustice, you have to hold down to avoid the teleport or be on the lookout for it the entire match where you can't ever throw anything out ever for fear of being punished for it.

EX Teleport is THE "get in for free" move if you have meter or, if your opponent does anything no meter.

I still say it's too early to ban him. Let Scorpion players prove the character is broken at EVO. If only Perfect Legend and/or gishtezashqip7797 (REO) make top 8 with him, then it's the player not the character.

Maaaan you dont get it do you.

You could throw any Scorpion player at me now, and I'll tear them to pieces, but the process of doing so isn't the way this game is meant to be played. No other character in the game has such a constant prescence on screen, can whiff punish you everywhere, gets 5050s everytime they jump half screen, is immune to environments etc etc.

Not being funny but PL is definitely not one to talk to about Scorpion being fine. He's one of the biggest downplayers of all.
I wad being sarcastic with that last bit lol.

I am not going to sit here and say that I am the greatest player out there because I'm not but I rarely lose to Scorpion. Should he be banned IMO I would say yes. The thing I loved about this game was that it was different the addition of Scorp or even Sub if the rumors are true takes away from the uniqueness of the game. Even before the patch I would still be able to beat Scorp but I spent a lot of time in the lab to make it effective...so hell yeah he should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.