What's new

TYM's Hot Topic of the Week: Do we ban Scorpion from tournament play?

Should Scorpion be banned from tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
You can beat him, but a million others can't. They need to level up.

If you want him banned to give the tournaments more variety, I say toooo bad.

Why should people lose their characters because people can't beat them? Level up.

You want to use your main, but he loses to Scorpion? Too bad pick another character. This is a fighting game.....
This is a fighting game that was intended to be balanced (as much as possible at least).
You say 'Why should people lose their characters because people can't beat them?', well I say, why should people that play pretty much anybody that isnt WW or Aquaman have to lose their character because Scorpion beats them no effort?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have played Reo.
Ive played every single one of those and thats the most illogical thing posted yet

Why are we comparing THREE fucking games w a block button to a game with back to block? How in the fuck does that statement make any sense?!?!?!?!?!?!?

A F0xy Grampa

May i get your take on this quote above? I feel like im losing my mind and have read 3x

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
The problem with scorpion is that he plays as if the game was intended to have a block button.

Some of the zoning, some characters play like that too, but scorpion is too much.
There is no block button in this game which means all you need is luck vs Scorpion, which is not ideal.
All you have to do is play MKT UMK3 and problem solved

meta game downloaded

RexyWrecks

RTSD All Day. I'm going in. No Vaseline.
Why does my performance against reo's scorpion matter?

It still doesn't change the fact that people need to level up.

I probably even need to and I play with him.

Lmao. I thought I was trolling hard, but your on another level. Good job bro.

zaf

professor
Ive played every single one of those and thats the most illogical thing posted yet

Why are we comparing THREE fucking games w a block button to a game with back to block? How in the fuck does that statement make any sense?!?!?!?!?!?!?

My comparison is less to do with a block button and more to do with the pace of the matches.

I know the teleport changes the pace, but look how many instant air 1's, jump 3's and overall pressure Reo sets aside from the teleport. It's very fast paced in your face.

I think he should be banned. If all these top players are complaining that he is destroying the integrity of the game then you guys should do something about it and ban him until he is properly dealt with by NRS. He's a guest character so it's not like he really belongs there anyway. Just look at it as banning Necrid from SC2.

I'm not familiar enough with high level Scorpions to make this call. But what seems obvious to me is that his teleport attack really doesn't belong in a game where you have to block cross-ups. I just feel like it was lazy from NRS to not consider a redesign of this ability for this game.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
My comparison is less to do with a block button and more to do with the pace of the matches.

I know the teleport changes the pace, but look how many instant air 1's, jump 3's and overall pressure Reo sets aside from the teleport. It's very fast paced in your face.
Ask REO gishtezashqip7797 about what he's doing, theres no real thought or calculated actions in it, he'll probably be the first to admit that.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think people just need to learn to punish his tele on block properly and learn how to defend against him. He does have that YOLO factor but at the same time I think people are overreacting. He's not unbeatable.
Nobody said he's unbeatable. Broken =\= unbeatable.

He isn't productive to this game, its like the YOLOSWAG mentality, it just makes everything look like a next level dribbling retard did it.

Players should at least have to have an understanding of the capabilities of their opponents character to be able to fight them effectively, with Scorpion thats not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.