What's new

TYM's Hot Topic of the Week: Do we ban Scorpion from tournament play?

Should Scorpion be banned from tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Since this is a hot topic.
Vote and give your reasoning.

I think he should be, because I'd rather see variety in characters in tournaments, if Scorpion is left in it means people are going to have to pick up characters that they don't really want to play just to combat him. (Look at MK9 - Kabal KL Kenshi)

Other than that he pretty much breaks the blocking mechanic of Injustice, ignores all environments whilst still being able to use them and forces EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in the game to play at a pace which he dictates, even if its a character with the moves to fight back (WW/Aquaman).

He doesn't reward intelligent gameplay what so ever, the only downside is that he might require a little bit of meter to do some combos, but big whoop.

If he's kept in it'll seriously make the tournament scene look beyond shit. We need to step up and have the balls to do it. We made the mistake of not booting Kabal off of our tournament legal characters in MK9, and look what happened, about 9 Kabals in every top 8 in every tournament.

For those that say he should be tournament legal, I want a better reason other than 'level up'. What happens when Scorpion players 'level up' too then?

This choice will ultimately effect the longevity of the game, look how dead MK became after Kabal was fleshed out, because in all seriousness, MK9 COULD still be alive today, but it isnt.

Edit: here's a long example of offline Scorpion gameplay vs. good players:
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/420521717?t=4h59m20s

Gonna update the first post with some notable quotes:

When your finished taking the moral high ground on the subject, and when the game becomes dead very quickly and a laughing stock, then you can celebrate the fact that you stood by your decision to keep scorpion playable.

And as for everyone saying ''why only now, when we have sat through 2 years of bullshit'', that question/statement should answer itself, as yes we have put up with bullshit for 2-3 years of MK, a game we loved, and we should be sick of it by now, but this time we have a chance to put our foot down and do something before we come full circle again in injustice, its a chance to save our new game before it gets destroyed.

Also, to pick on a point Dizzy made, about the fact that there is allot more stuff that needs to be seriously considered along with Scorpion, and I agree. So lets do it.

Lets take all the major areas that game suffers from offline, and address them.

We can safely say, the three top matters should be:

1. Scorpion's viability offline
2. Stage selction
3. Rooftop Metropolis

Everything else hot should be considered.

If you don't want to fight for the games viability then let the masses say so, and we won't have to waste our precious time entraining bullshit, then game can die as quick as anyone wants it to.
The argument that Scorpion is fine and should be allowed because he hasn't won a major yet is pretty stupid imo.

I mean, he could never win a major due to some losing matchups. For example, if EVERYONE starts playing Aquaman and Wonder Woman then it's very possible that we'll never see a Scorpion win a tournament. But that wouldn't change the fact that Scorpion renders a lot of characters unviable by his simple existence. That's the real problem a lot of people have with him I think.

Injustice without Scorpion: Great balanced game with 15-20 viable characters. Injustice with Scorpion: MK9, only 3-5 viable characters.

And I'm sick and tired of people using games like Third Strike as an example to "prove" that it's ok for a game to be extremely imbalanced. 3S was a good game, but fact of the matter is it would've been even better and it would've had a much longer life if it wasn't just about Chun, Ken and Yun.
Players who are complaining and agreeing with what you said

Anti scorp (ill name 5% of them)
reo
tom brady
cd jr
pig of the hut
sao
morty
General m2dave
cd
detroit
foxy
usedforglue
dab
rico suave
smarrgasm
Tyrant
Cat
list goes for miles........

Pro Scorp:
Pl
Mitdjt
Slips
zaf "play mkt/mk4, all you need"

A F0xy Grampa I honestly feel you should add this to OP of your poll thread for results that will grab eyes

Attachments

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
ST akuma rules, imo that's all that's necessary.
Outside of that, I personally don't care about scorp.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
I will give it til after CEO before i truly decide. He may not even be the true best character in the game, but that is not the problem. He takes the rulebook for the game and throws it out the window. That is not something a tournament character should be able to do.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I will give it til after CEO before i truly decide. He may not even be the true best character in the game, but that is not the problem. He takes the rulebook for the game and throws it out the window. That is not something a tournament character should be able to do.
Man knows.

Wait until after CEO to see how that goes.

I don't like guest characters and I don't like characters who are all about one single move. But I kinda feel bad for scorpion players if their characters get banned.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Scorpion violates every "rule" this game has and it is actually nearly impossible to beat him with characters that lack a good anti-air.
Even the ones with good anti-air are going to play an uphill battle, I feel that in the long run they can win only if the Scorpion players screws up.

NRS should think more before releasing characters whose tools clearly don't fit in the game. I'm pretty sure he would totally dominate the competition in a few months from now if the community doesn't act or he doesn't get heavily nerfed.

zaf

professor
I don't lose to Scorpion players, and I think he should be banned.
Thoughts?
You can beat him, but a million others can't. They need to level up.

If you want him banned to give the tournaments more variety, I say toooo bad.

Why should people lose their characters because people can't beat them? Level up.

You want to use your main, but he loses to Scorpion? Too bad pick another character. This is a fighting game.....

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Why should people lose their characters because people can't beat them? Level up.

You want to use your main, but he loses to Scorpion? Too bad pick another character. This is a fighting game.....
Honestly Play pl or reo's and post the video or when you are on pl's stream

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.

Because everyone wants to watch tournaments become Scorpion vs the same couple of characters that have a good anti-air...

Status
Not open for further replies.